• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Ironman Signups

UO Ironman Signups
Posted by Mentiras
Stratics Message Boards (for the moment)
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 - 12:00 AM
Until: Friday, November 25, 2016 - 12:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Come one, come all, to UO Ironman !

Event: UO Iroman
When: Thursday, December 1st (12/01/16) until Saturday, December 31st (12/31/16)
Where: Varying Locations
Length: 1 Month Long !
Signups: Tuesday, November 1st (11/01/16) until Friday, November 25th (11/25/16)

Description: This thread is just for signups to participate in UO Ironman. If you are interested in participating please find a partner, all events will be done in teams of two. Please be aware that whichever character you and your partner sign up with will be locked in to participating as that character. Just like the real life Ironman competition you will not be allowed to substitute in a ringer for any given event.

During the event players will be challenged to three separate events, that can be completed at any time during the month of December.

• Event #1 - PvE - a Baracoon champion spawn: The fastest clear wins 5 points, the next fastest wins 3, and the next wins 1. Each event for each team will be witnessed by a judge and video recorded for accuracy and enjoyment (videos will be posted regularly to the event thread when that is posted in December).
  • Event #2 - PvP - a 2v2 double elimination ladder: Using a tournament bracket generator I will post matches. Teams then have one week to complete their match. First place wins 5 points, Second wins 3, and Third wins 1. The location for the pvp matches will be up to the participants, a judge will accompany them, and guards can be provided as necessary.
  • Event #3 - PvEn - a player versus environment race: Teams will race across Sosaria on land and by sea. The fastest run wins 5 points, the next fastest wins 3, and the next wins 1. The route will be the same for all teams and will be guarded against griefers.
The "plan":

The plan is to run this event on as many shards as I can and then have all the winners copy their characters over to test and we will run a world championship. Of course I will need some people to assist on other shards, maybe even one or two who could run the entire thing and just post info and videos so I wouldn't have to do all of it.

What I need from you:
  1. If you are interested please sign up here. I know people don't always like to post on Stratics (we have a lot of lurkers), but the more people that sign up the more others will want to participate. If I get no responses here and then ten people show up, just think of how many would have shown up if they thought there would be others playing.
  2. Please advertise the event, and send people here to sign up if they are interested
  3. As usual prizes are being handled primarily by my brother Drac, if anyone would like to donate prizes please get in contact with Drac or myself

Confirmed Participants (People who have signed up) allowing for change up until the 25th (11/25/16):
  1. Uriah Heep as (Matt) + DevilsOwn (Ynise)
  2. Dan as (Dannicus) + Blazing Inferno as (Muchi Muchi Munn)
  3. Ziggy + Corpse Grinder
  4. Puncture + Smokem
  5. (your name here) + (your partner's name here)

@Mesanna @Bleak @EM Erebus @Kyronix @EM Aumakua @EM Chance @EM Dramnar @EM Dudley @EM Elizabella @EM Emile Layne @EM Hanarin @EM Obsidian @EM Orix

* Special Invites as per usual

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  1. As usual prizes are being handled primarily by my brother Drac, if anyone would like to donate prizes please get in contact with Drac or myself
That's me. ICQ in my signature.

I'll let the guild know and have them post their teams asap.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As a change of pace, Ynise and Matt will sign up, for kicks and giggles.

We are slow on spawns.
Neither of us PvP.
But those coal powered wheelchairs we have will take the third event!!!

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thank you, and sounds good Uriah. I will edit the main post later today or tomorrow.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The month of December the event will be active you have all month to complete the three parts

Last edited:

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Final Day for Signups. If you know anyone who may be interested please send them this way