• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Notice. The Umbra Hub fighting policy.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Abyss house, and access to it, was "sold" to the shard by promising to allow access to and from the Abyss house from outside the Abyss. Who the hell cares if the house is public with no way in or out? If the spirit of that arrangement is to be kept, either the hub needs to remain open to all OR another teleporter needs to be placed in the Abyss house and linked to a public place. From what is posted above, it looks like Kelmo would at least be open to the latter.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about for the sake of the "community", that people don't act like dickheads at the hub? That fixes the problem. It's not just the abyss house that is affected, it's access to quite a large number of player establishments and areas. If you act like a jerk, then you are flirting with losing access to the hub.

It's no different than if you go to the public library and jump around on the tables and steal people's stuff, they are going to kick you out and serve you with trespass papers.

It's not that hard to jump on the same tele tile and kill someone after they and you get there.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, but killing someone on Siege doesn't make you a "dickhead" but being a pompous ******* on the forums does. Trammies already have New Mags and guard zones to hide in, why do they need more? There's no event disruption, rez killing, or griefing going on that I am aware of so what part of the spirit of Siege is being violated?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I my opinion it occasionally does. I have witnessed your crew talking to someone new to the shard and then kill them because they "responded too slowly".

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, was that me? Have you ever witnessed me doing anything like that? Second of all, it's a non-guard zone building and killing happens on Siege. Was there trash-talking involved? Rez killing? Did the "new player" have a NEW tag? Please, come up with the form we need to fill out before we engage in combat on your shard and I will endeavor to get it filled out for you, in triplicate of course.

IMO, most of the "dickheads" on this shard are the pompous, arrogant, condescending pvm'ers who think that they get to design when and where combat and looting can occur. Those who think that something is owed to them because they've been here longer or have more shinies than others. Siege is supposed to be the hard shard but all I see are people constantly trying to set up their rules on the game. I set my own rules on how I play; if I say I'm going to do something (or not going to do something), I stick to my word.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I my opinion it occasionally does. I have witnessed your crew talking to someone new to the shard and then kill them because they "responded too slowly".
This is really what's wrong here. You actually just said that killing a player on Siege makes you a "dickhead." Not griefing, not rez killing, not smack talking...killing. :sad4:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You folk are guilty of much of that. I know you are griefers... you single some out. You will jump on an easy kill shopping and folks that admit to being new to the shard. Are you the leader of yer guild? Or are you not? If you are step up and embrace the fact you guys are PKers looking for easy kills.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
First of all, was that me? Have you ever witnessed me doing anything like that? Second of all, it's a non-guard zone building and killing happens on Siege. Was there trash-talking involved? Rez killing? Did the "new player" have a NEW tag? Please, come up with the form we need to fill out before we engage in combat on your shard and I will endeavor to get it filled out for you, in triplicate of course.

IMO, most of the "dickheads" on this shard are the pompous, arrogant, condescending pvm'ers who think that they get to design when and where combat and looting can occur. Those who think that something is owed to them because they've been here longer or have more shinies than others. Siege is supposed to be the hard shard but all I see are people constantly trying to set up their rules on the game. I set my own rules on how I play; if I say I'm going to do something (or not going to do something), I stick to my word.
Ouch. " pompous, arrogant, condescending pvm'ers". I am not much of a pvm'er...

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You folk are guilty of much of that. I know you are griefers... you single some out. You will jump on an easy kill shopping and folks that admit to being new to the shard. Are you the leader of yer guild? Or are you not? If you are step up and embrace the fact you guys are PKers looking for easy kills.
So now you are adding lies to the outright insanity and senility in your repertoire? I have certainly killed new players in the past but I've also then rezzed them and given them stuff to get started. We are definitely pk'ers (not sure if most of us being red is what gave that away or...?) but we do not grief. If you'd come out of your house or New Mags once in a while, you might know what actually is happening on Siege now. I know you wish Siege to be nothing more than a big sandbox for you to pvm in but, again, it's supposed to be the "hard shard" and that means sometimes (when you venture out) there is going to be danger out there.

PwnBroker

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
*points finger at myself* but hey like i said "murdering" is my bag baby. murdering is killing people that is what i do irregardless of who it is, however i DO NOT attack NEW members because of the unspoken rules of the shard i honor that and have no issue with it. but Kelmo i have no issue attacking anyone period i die just like everyone else and i sure do loot people but i mostly return the items free or at discounted prices i offer buy backs. now garfield is another story for another day. as i have said multiple times you can ban me from the hub im a big boy it wont hurt my feelings and that will stop all the bs. but i will still Attack every GIL i see coming or going from there. as is my Siege Perilous right. so you better put up some high walls bud.. have a nice day sir..
Oh and when your refering to me you are more than welcome to call me out by name Kelmo. :eek:) i still love everyone

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What good is yin without yang? Rangers without outlaws? Light without dark? Good without evil? Jedi without Sith? Republicans without Democrats? Dismas without Kelmo? Killing is Siege and to the victor comes the decision of what to do with the spoils.

The whole point of this thread is moot. It's Kelmo's house, he can do what he wants. His character is determined by his word either being kept or not. That simple.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You do not have a name yet.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
chumlee... do not think for an instant that any respect I have for Dismas or Stalker carries over to you. It was not so long ago you were begging for tidbits in chat.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
chumlee... do not think for an instant that any respect I have for Dismas or Stalker
carries over to you. It was not so long ago you were begging for tidbits in chat.
So, just to be clear...because he's new and was asking for handouts in chat, he is unworthy of your respect? You're embodying what I said in post #55.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
pfft... Look in the mirror.

PwnBroker

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
chumlee... do not think for an instant that any respect I have for Dismas or Stalker carries over to you. It was not so long ago you were begging for tidbits in chat.
umm i never assumed no such thing nor have i said anything to hint at that. so not entirely sure where that came from there sir,as for tidbits sure everyone does and your right wasnt long ago..... but i fail to see how any of that has anything to do with what is being discussed? and i need your respect why?? i am not bashing on you sir i am merely defending my play style. you sir have thrown the first punch as i see it. you mock me in gen chat you mock me here?
i have mocked you where? and your mocking me accomplishes what? absolutly nothing, have a good day sir!!

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
umm i never assumed no such thing nor have i said anything to hint at that. so not entirely sure where that came from there sir,as for tidbits sure everyone does and your right wasnt long ago..... but i fail to see how any of that has anything to do with what is being discussed? and i need your respect why?? i am not bashing on you sir i am merely defending my play style. you sir have thrown the first punch as i see it. you mock me in gen chat you mock me here?
i have mocked you where? and your mocking me accomplishes what? absolutly nothing, have a good day sir!!
I think the fumes from the sewers are getting to Mr. Kelmo. It's late and he's cranky too. Maybe a nice game of shuffleboard and some melba toast will settle him down.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Mind yer minion then...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Wanna throw in a respectful sheep joke too?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too much involved in the logistics of friending, unfriending, banning, unbanning, granting access, removing access on a nightly basis...These things are not fun for Kelmo (I can attest to this)
After the chaos of running Fight Nights in Stonehaven, you'll get no argument from me on that! :)

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is so hard to just set up an ambush before they enter the hub or just follow the player to the Abyss?? If people hop back and forth between the hub and fighting outside then it's an issue. If they just hit the hub to use it to go somewhere...follow them.

PwnBroker

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What is so hard to just set up an ambush before they enter the hub or just follow the player to the Abyss?? If people hop back and forth between the hub and fighting outside then it's an issue. If they just hit the hub to use it to go somewhere...follow them.
well i do that but its kinda hard to follow through to a "private" link to a gil LH dont ya think?

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't that why you guys put an informant into Gil ?? lmao

Let's be honest...even if Kelmo's hub didn't have a Gil teleporter there are enough Gil homes at gate locations that putting up a teleporter at any one of them would not be an issue and would result in the same thing for you guys

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Everyone should have the right to speak on a forum if they so choose...right or wrong.

Just remember that not all that do a ton of work of promoting the shard and in particular keeping players here once they try it post on this forum. For instance... when was the last time you saw Hoffs posting and I can't think of another player on Siege that is more active or has done more for keeping players here than him.
Hoffs has helped me and my fellow guildies with lots of things. Anything from some items to info in reference to player templates. Great individual but also Siege is just all around awesome in my experience so many people are helpful here i can almost hardly keep track!!!

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way this thread is turning out is making Doive sad. So sad in fact that he's started to talk in third person. :(

Doive loves siege and everyone in.... Except maybe Diablo when he called Doive names... But Doive still loves ya all.

Doive may be part of gilfane but first, above all else, Doive is just Doive. Doive doesn't want to be stereotyped by his guild tag, just like Doive doesn't stereotype others because of their tags.

Doive is sad :(

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone point me to the thread where this house came to be in Kelmo's hands, I'd like to check a few facts and I can't seem to find it..

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm probably totally wrong headed here, but my thoughts.
The idea of the hub was that it should be accessible to all?
The argument here is that by threatening to ban people who persistently lie in wait for people using it he would be denying those players access to the abyss house.
But, by camping the hub and lying in wait for 'easy' targets, aren't those campers denying those 'easy' targets - crafters and non-combatant Siege characters, access to the hub, by making it unsafe to use? Who has the more right to deny anyone access to the hub? Kelmo who owns the hub, and pays for the account, or that certain group of pk's camping it?
IF, as everyone claims, the hub should be available to all, then it should also be a no-kill zone. Characters leaving the plot do so at their own risk. I would assume that pvpers passing through it would be quite happy to step off the plot and fight.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone point me to the thread where this house came to be in Kelmo's hands, I'd like to check a few facts and I can't seem to find it..
i found it and replied to it so its up front but it just says that it will alwyas remain avaiilbe which it always has been and currently still is so there ya go

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow so many things to comment on in this thread!
Doive, good to see you coming around, bo could use a couple of guildmates. give the Bo a holla ahha
The people crying about dieing are taking the easy way out and blaming the people killing them. With so many public houses and things to do you would figure it to a hot spot for the "dickhead" pks (which bo loses all respect for IanJames for that post). That being said why not deliver a little siege justice! Fight back or flee and escape, leave the house, have pk follow you than go back in where they cant. Or jump another teleporter person attacking cant flee.
Baby Doll had best suggestion - to add another teleporter to the abyss house at another location.
And to let everyone know here. Bo doesnt care if you ban the Bo from your house, your boyfriends house, your mommas house, Bo will kill anywhere the Bo can find people. So by all means ban the Bo. If you all think banning people is the cure, you are wrong it would make things worse. Cause if you banned the Bo, bo would make it a point to be a "dickhead pk".

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^^ This.

"Siege Perilous is for those who don't want to play a namby pamby version of UO"

Just sayin'.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to clarify. I wasn't calling every PKer on this shard a dickhead. In fact I welcome everyone of them.

I was just saying that in order to be banned from the hub, you'd have to be a dickhead.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a suggestion, How about just adding one more teleport IN the Abyss house and placeing that teleport somewhere else? So there would be an option for people. That way what ever happens at Kelmo's home /hub in Umbra it is of no absolute concern to abyss.
To get back to what this thread is supposedly about....

Personally, I think that this is a simple and elegant solution. Why create all this hubbub when it's not necessary? I know that Nightstalker has offered a spot at their Cathedral for a tele tile. Why not simply have them provide a tile set and place one at the cathedral and one in the Abyss house, along with the one tile that is already there? Then you can still have your pub, and no one can cry because banned people cannot get into the Abyss house. (Well, they can and will cry, but it's not because they cannot go through the Abyss house into the Abyss. And all that donated money and whatnot.)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way this thread is turning out is making Doive sad. So sad in fact that he's started to talk in third person. :(

Doive loves siege and everyone in.... Except maybe Diablo when he called Doive names... But Doive still loves ya all.

Doive may be part of gilfane but first, above all else, Doive is just Doive. Doive doesn't want to be stereotyped by his guild tag, just like Doive doesn't stereotype others because of their tags.

Doive is sad :(
ditto

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been over a year since I've really played, but isn't the "hub" 2 screens from Umbra? If so, then that's just a bit sad at all this complaining... It's a public house to the hottest place in the game. Of curse there's going to be killing, stealing and what not. Grow some thicker skin, bags of sending, go in through the back door gate (that's what she said?) So many other options to not getting killed.

(sad face) at this thread!

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you the leader of yer guild? Or are you not? If you are step up and embrace the fact you guys are PKers looking for easy kills.
We don't have a guild leader. We are a collection of individuals, each with our own agendas and preferences, who band together for the strength of numbers.
We do not impose rules onto one another, nor do we judge one another for our actions. It is a loose guild, free of drama, and free of work! We have fun, first and foremost. Each individual pays their own subscription fees, so to impose any rules or regulations upon us would certainly be unwise.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i read thru the entire old post . i didnt think that kelmo had at any time promised it would remain open for everyone . he never actually said that . what i see here looking back on it kemo said this :

(page 2 near the top)
Re: Official Abyss Home Auction Thread

The house will belong to Siege... well most of Siege. *laughs*​
UO Siege Perilous

Discussions:20,517Messages:186,672
kelmo, Jan 28, 2012

most of siege ... hmm

can anyone show me where he claimed otherwise ? if you happen to be one of the few people causing a problem and get banned ... well , sucks to be you . dont be a problem.

sure this is siege and you have a right to attack anyone anywhere . hes also got a right to ban you . its his friekin house. kill folks on the front lawn , follow them to their destination , whatever , do you really have to fight in the house ?
i had a vendor house on great lakes before trammel even existed . i had one rule . no killin people in the house . take it outside . and you know what ? people willingly followed that rule almost every one of em .

if i caught someone killin in the house they got a swift trip to the yard , usually id give someone a 24 hour ban , 3 bans and it was permanent . i dont believe i ever had more than a couple guys permabanned . most people just had the courtesy to restrain themselves .

i see no problem with kelmo protecting the friends who helped buy the place.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i read thru the entire old post . i didnt think that kelmo had at any time promised it would remain open for everyone . he never actually said that . what i see here looking back on it kemo said this :

(page 2 near the top)
Re: Official Abyss Home Auction Thread
The house will belong to Siege... well most of Siege. *laughs*​
UO Siege Perilous

Discussions:20,517Messages:186,672
kelmo, Jan 28, 2012

most of siege ... hmm

can anyone show me where he claimed otherwise ? if you happen to be one of the few people causing a problem and get banned ... well , sucks to be you . dont be a problem.

sure this is siege and you have a right to attack anyone anywhere . hes also got a right to ban you . its his friekin house. kill folks on the front lawn , follow them to their destination , whatever , do you really have to fight in the house ?
i had a vendor house on great lakes before trammel even existed . i had one rule . no killin people in the house . take it outside . and you know what ? people willingly followed that rule almost every one of em .

if i caught someone killin in the house they got a swift trip to the yard , usually id give someone a 24 hour ban , 3 bans and it was permanent . i dont believe i ever had more than a couple guys permabanned . most people just had the courtesy to restrain themselves .

i see no problem with kelmo protecting the friends who helped buy the place.
It's funny, you yourself posted in that thread that you fully believed Kelmo would keep the house "fully public". Hey, whatever you guys need to say to justify actions. I don't really care anymore. Why not just pick up the whole place and move it to New Mags with the rest of the trammies?

As far as I know, no one has even been banned yet. It's not worth the consternation at this point. I will continue to try to make Siege dangerous, regardless of what other people want.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny, you yourself posted in that thread that you fully believed Kelmo would keep the house "fully public". Hey, whatever you guys need to say to justify actions. I don't really care anymore. Why not just pick up the whole place and move it to New Mags with the rest of the trammies?

As far as I know, no one has even been banned yet. It's not worth the consternation at this point. I will continue to try to make Siege dangerous, regardless of what other people want.
wow...thanks to kelmos response to this thread (where i really would have been fine with just a simple, sure, lets toss another tele elsewhere) when I do come back after finishing up some work it's war, kelmo's new pub is offically a killzone, and not even the "NEW" tag will be honored if they choose to enter that building. Anyone caught there will be no sellbacks for supporting the hub, the gear will be destroyed immediately. You have been warned.

The insults were unnecessary and juvenile, but you want to throw down the gauntlet, I accept your challenge.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also kelmo...i seem to remember from rules and previous chats that accusing people of things on the boards is a breech of the stratics ROC...please go give yourself an infraction now...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What? Which response set you off so?

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somewhree between Ian's "dickheads" remark which you defended and your conflation of killing and griefing, to the direct insulting of not only our guildmates but near every pvp player on the shard.

If you want to live in your own little world, it may as well have it's own little rules. From that point in the thread onward I take the insults as a declaration of guildwar and all "normal" rules of the shard are on hold around any properties that you own.

I hope you like candelabras