• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Notice of Candidacy for the Governorship of Minoc

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: Most of the events mentioned in this IC letter are events from the shards role-playing history, specifically Grd, as opposed EM or game wide, so don't worry if you're not aware of them :) Not all are though.

IC letter to the citizens of Minoc begins:

Citizens of Minoc

Hail and well met. My name is Tommy Nottinbury and I am sending you this letter to introduce myself as a hopeful candidate in the forthcoming Governor elections.

Nearly 11 years ago, when I first struck out alone into the wider world of Sorsaria, Minoc was the very first city I called home. It was there, in the leafy woods of South Minoc, that I met the crafter Lord Cliche who took me under his wing and into his house, giving me armour and weapons, food and drink, friendship and experience. His bodyguard, Mettler, taught me how to wield the weapons made for me by Cliche and soon I would become a warrior of skill enough to venture forth on my own.

When this time came it was with a heavy heart that I left Minoc behind, intending to enlist in the Royal Army. That intention never came to pass however, but I still served my time as I was recruited as a Guard of Yew while passing through the city.

My sister remained in Minoc however, raising her family and building our family business along with my good friend Lord Cosmo who has long worked the mines and forges of this great city.

It was in Yew that, for the last ten years, I have loyal served the Kings and Queens of this great nation.

During the time of the Great Plague in Yew, with the collapse of civil leadership and a quarantine put in place by Queen Dawn, I was among the leadership of the Militia that would provide shelter and protection for the citizens of Yew.

I served on the front line of the Britain invasion as Yew joined the collation of forces defending our great capitol from the forces of Despise. It is still my greatest honour to have served alongside the The Bloodguard and the likes of Lady Flame in this, the greatest undertaking of our time.

Once more I fought alongside the brave forces of the Bloodguard during the darkness of Lord Casca's reign and into the glorious light of Queen Dawn's that followed.

I fought in the Orc Wars. Defending Skara and Moonglow during my first days as a guardsmen. An initiation of fire to be sure.

And in Minoc I commanded Loyalist Forces in defence of the Kingdom, but more importantly the citizens and people of Minoc, against the forces of the Baronship of Cove, as the rebel nation sought to expand their influence by sedition and then when that failed by force of arms over the loyal city of Minoc.

And much more besides. But now, retired from my service to the Kingdom in Yew, and finding employment with the good folks of the Vesper Trade Company, I once more live in the peaceful and idyllic town of Minoc.

While primarily my experience has been militaristic, I have also served time as personal guard to the former ruler of Yew, experiencing much political manoeuvring and negotiating during this time. All of which will provide a solid leadership foundation I believe.

This city gave me so much, so long ago, and I now wish to give something back to her and her people. Thus I am putting forth my candidacy in the forthcoming elections.

As well as my service as a guard over these last ten years my sister and I have run a largely successful merchant company and thus I pledge to support the treasury upon a successful election to ensure the smooth running of any and all trade deals during my first term of office, along with a healthy budgetary surplus for my successor, should I fail in being elected for a second term.

The trade deal is open to discussion by the citizens of Minoc. Should I be elected then I would pick that which the majority of my people wished, as, after all, I am here to serve you and not my own selfish means.

I wish to see the city of Minoc return to her former glory. Crafters. Miners. Hunters. All living, working and laughing within the city. Markets, repair nights, tavern nights, tournaments and more would all be planned to encourage this.

If anyone wishes to meet me and discuss a shared vision for the future of this great City, I will be holding a meet and greet this Thursday, 6-7:30pm UK time, outside the Bank of Minoc. I will bring plenty of food and drink to encourage a festive atmosphere.

If you can not make it, please, feel free to contact me back via letter.

Thank you for reading this citizens,

I hope to see you tomorrow, and again on election day!

*signed*
Tommy Nottinbury

Last edited:

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The meet and greet is tonight citizens of Minoc! In roughly two hours.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for those who came by. Not many, sadly, but it was nice to meet you and have a chat about the future, and past, of Minoc.

Also, a special thanks to Governor Aurelius for his visit.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My foolish sister Niamh seemed quite impressed with you. She returned with talk aplenty of the trading man who would return Minoc to prosperity. She is a simpleton I think, head turned by the glamours of a well spoken, travelled man. Elections? This concept is difficult for me. Surely if you want power you just..take it?

(Ooc very nice to meet you and your efforts are appreciated , my extended family will be looking in on the runners for the other elections. Valura herself has quite an interest in Vesper, she does so like the sea air! )

Reactions: Vor

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Valura!

Remember citizens. Voting day is now upon us. Regardless of your city and political loyalty, I urge you all to vote in the city of your choice this week to ensure a strong and fair result across the realm!

Last edited: