• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Note to all Governors: Guideline for Meetings

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks EM_Vereor for addressing that point. Good to have guidelines. Please let us know if anything from the post above is adjusted for your personal guidelines though.

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was just going to mention that thread as recommended reading for future Governors' Meetings, and not that we should have a French title for ours, either.

Not that I take issue with the French language. Mais non, je parle le bien français.

The Illustrious Lord Cephas
Lord of Knights of Veritas
Governor of New Magincia

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I want to go over some things from our own meetings as well. I am going to try to be as honest with you all as I can be.

1. I cannot alter static items. This includes chopping down trees, altering with the barricades around Yew, ANYTHING that's static. IF im going to be asked to go to the Devs about changing something static, it needs to be something major. So you need to plan it out carefully.

2. I cannot create trashcans. If you read the thread I linked, you can see the Dev's feeling on the matter, as it has come up on some other shards as well.

3. The planned Yew Dock - I gave you guys more time to present because you are going to need more thought behind it. WHY does Yew need the dock? WHY is it important to the realm? HOW does it help your citizens? Does it tie in with current EM/Global events? Again, building a dock is not in my hands, so think it out before you ask me to bring it up to the higherups.

4. The problem @ Serpents Hold docks. In the future, please followup in an email about any problem that as technical issues behind it. I went out to take a look, and i cant see anything out of the ordinary. Was it just RP? Was it technical issues? I need more details

Last Term:
1. Moongate in Britain was denied - Sorry about this one as I even suggested it (Was fresh from training). I completely forgot the designs at WBB were contest winners, and changing their design could make some people upset.
2. The proposed statue in Yew - You did an amazing job creating the proposal. We already talked in private about why it wasn't possible, but I was happy to see the work you put into it.

I hope I cleared up the major points from the last meeting and the term before. I also apologize if I ever sound harsh, I just want to make sure you guys know what needs to go behind things in order for its approval chance to increase. You guys have been so good :heart: Wuv you

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I swung by SH the other day to check it out myself. When you get to the docks it won't let you off if you're lined up like it would at other docks, but if you're on your plank and say "Right one" or "Left one" away from the docks, it will snap you onto them. I get that problem in a lot of places, and have since High Seas came out. Not sure what's up with it, but once you move a little it usually chucks you off the ship.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I completely forgot the designs at WBB were contest winners, and changing their design could make some people upset.

If you want to keep the same design go to Yamato server Brit bank see what the EM did. It is an easy work around. check to see what the gate is called "Event Moderator's hall." She did a very nice job btw.

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this wasn't in the design but is it possible to design something simple for Ocllo? This has always been my favorite town.
It had the very first teleporter from Ocllo to vesper (I think) when gates had to be aligned by the moon.

If there was a governor for Ocllo I would not just run I would win.

Last edited:

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
If you want to keep the same design go to Yamato server Brit bank see what the EM did. It is an easy work around. check to see what the gate is called "Event Moderator's hall." She did a very nice job btw.
I honestly don't see that something being approved for us here. I know quite a few of the Asian servers have the same setup as Yamato and use the Nujel'm building as their official EM Hall. That is all stuff setup by Mesanna, so I don't really see that being done on Napa.

If a moongate in Britain is something alot of people want, ill go to the higherups again for you all, but I can only respond with the answers I get.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i had a huge, long, ooc post - but for the sake of everyone's sanity, i will refrain.

cor2879

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I guess I would like a little more clarity on what sort of requests the Governors *can* make of the King. We are not supposed to request decorations, trashcans, moongates, etc. How about events? I'd like to see an undead invasion take place in Trinsic during my term :)

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I guess I would like a little more clarity on what sort of requests the Governors *can* make of the King. We are not supposed to request decorations, trashcans, moongates, etc. How about events? I'd like to see an undead invasion take place in Trinsic during my term :)
Requests should be something that ties into your fiction/EMfiction/globalfiction

And stop hoping for invasions! PEACE! LOVE AND PEACE!

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Requests should be something that ties into your fiction/EMfiction/globalfiction

And stop hoping for invasions! PEACE! LOVE AND PEACE!
I honestly don't see that something being approved for us here. I know quite a few of the Asian servers have the same setup as Yamato and use the Nujel'm building as their official EM Hall. That is all stuff setup by Mesanna, so I don't really see that being done on Napa.

If a moongate in Britain is something alot of people want, ill go to the higherups again for you all, but I can only respond with the answers I get.

Ok i got another idea. The concept of a gate in and out of a localized spot that you can also power up and bank is what is really needed in the game. Brit is the perfect spot for that sense. There is only one other location that you can power up with a +1 New Megancia but the bank is to far away.

Unless you can make a new +1 power up at any of the other banks?
how about fel brit bank or Occlo? You would need to make a simple teleport so everyone can stand in the center with out the annoying push through (stand block.) This way reds can power up to if they want.

The location isn't really important it is the ease of one stop do everything and go do something.

thanks

Last edited: