• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Not-so-rare, but apparently Rare Armour Set Pieces

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello!

I have been thinking about this for a while now...

There seem to be an awful lot of Myrmidon Gorgets about, considering they are classed as Rare on UO Guide...

This also seems to apply (maybe to a lesser extent?) to the Honor Legs.

On the UOGuide list, they are also the only sets that appear to have 3 rare pieces, the others only have 2.

Any thoughts on this?!

I have seen some people sell these for 3 million, yet others for significantly less!

P

PoCove

I believe you can blame the appearance of these items on the input of the Strangers and the Doom bosses .. I have got some rare set pieces from them myself {or the party I was with did }... So it will be lowering the prices and filling our sets ..

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aha, yes that could well be it. I was wondering if maybe some were more common to specific monsties, such as Melisande.
But as you say, input from strangers/melissa must have made a difference also...