• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

not gaining disco help

• Thread starter Anon McDougle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Anon McDougle

i have decided to add disco

i lowered music from 120

music 94.9
disco 75.7

using normal lute on gamen getting .01 a day what gives

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking on the Hunter's guide, it shows that the gaman's barding difficulty is on 59.1, so your skill is most likely to high to get good gains. You might try Centaurs, they have barding difficulty of 79.7 and won't attack if you have positive karma or don't attack them. Good place to go for them is the passage in the serpentine passage in Ish. Another option is to check the difficulty of a tamed blue beetle, the wild ones are in the upper 80's, so a tamed one should be in your range.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
also depends on IF they are tamed and released.
cause that drops their barding diff by like 10 points (usually - cause its HP and STR based ect, ect)

and get your music to GM so you dont miss the check.

R

RichDC

Also just checked a wisp is 82 difficulty so yuo may want to think about going to the wisp dungeon in ilsh.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also just checked a wisp is 82 difficulty so yuo may want to think about going to the wisp dungeon in ilsh.

I would go read the poo sticky guide at the top of the forum....I just took disco to 120 with it...working provo now!

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get a ring or braclet to bring your disco up to 85 and start on tamed (or tamed and released) Cu's. Use more than 1.
And definatly get your music to 100 for cripes sake.

R

Remyi

I've been trying this for a couple hours now, and I don't know what's wrong. Sure I'm only using 3 cus, so the gains should be slower than with 10, but I'm not gaining at all. 100.4 music, 101.4 disco, and using NPC instruments. I gained .5 in the first hour, since I started with 100.9, and I haven't gained even .1 in the last hour and 15 minutes. My skill total is at 400, and yes discord is pointed up.

Anyone have any ideas? All 3 cus have 100 barding difficulty.

U

uoBuoY

I've been trying this for a couple hours now, and I don't know what's wrong. Sure I'm only using 3 cus, so the gains should be slower than with 10, but I'm not gaining at all. 100.4 music, 101.4 disco, and using NPC instruments. I gained .5 in the first hour, since I started with 100.9, and I haven't gained even .1 in the last hour and 15 minutes. My skill total is at 400, and yes discord is pointed up.

Anyone have any ideas? All 3 cus have 100 barding difficulty.
I don't think you had a problem in your last hour but you had great luck in your first hour! The RNG is just toying with you.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
like stated above.

disco past GM is slow.
stating it is slow might be an understatment.

i can typically GM disco in a day.
then to go from GM to 120 disco takes a couple days.
2 to 3.

and that said, that is like training like 23 hours a day.

so ya, its slow.
thats why people hate to train it.

R

Remyi

I've concluded that you might be insane, Poo. Doing Discord once is more than enough for me.. I'm still only at 114, going steady when I put time into it though. I've got 2.4 worth of transcendence scrolls waiting for me though.

R

Remyi

Errrrrrgh!! The suspense is killing me...119.9 for 50 minutes and counting.:cursing:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
dont you know anything about UO?

you never gain when your watching.

silly human.