• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not being a tamer, what ridable creature makes sense for an elf?

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My elf needs something to ride to make her get around faster. I don't care about storage capacity or even fighting skills. I just want something to ride.

If I don't have taming or animal lore skills, what are my options?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd suggest ostards - desert or forest. Forests come in a range of colours too.

Other options: rideable llamas, ridgebacks, swamp draggy, fire or blue beetles. And of course horses ;)

All of these can be controlled without taming skill, but you would need help from a tamer for a swampie, ridgeback or fire beetle. All the others can be tamed if you just put on a few taming skill items. Or you can buy the skill from a stablemaster and then flush the taming after you've acquired your new mount. Most tamers will happily tame a pet like this if you ask though. Check the pet procurer sub forum here for a list of tamers on each shard if you need it :)

Wenchy

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ostards ???? No way too ugly but not many other choices for Elf race? Just ge a ZVolumn or two for a pet. Ohter than that a Llama is WAY better than ab Ossie

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ostards ???? No way too ugly but not many other choices for Elf race? Just ge a ZVolumn or two for a pet. Ohter than that a Llama is WAY better than ab Ossie
I dunno - I used to think the ostards were kinda ugly but sometimes, creatures are so ugly, they grow on you. A friend tamed me a blue one and I kinda got attached to the little guy. Then, before I got him bonded, I took him sailing with me. Didn't realize you couldn't ride and drive the ship at the same time. And of course a water elemental attached us, and specifically my little ostard. Sorry to see the little guy go but at least it was fast and painless...

I'm thinking a green ostard would look good with my green leaf armor.