• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

noobie question (maybe) on hit area

G

grandpa otis

If I have a weap with 50% Hit lightening and 50% hit fire area,, How can I tell IF/WHEN the hit area effect is applied? Obviously I can see when hit lightening is triggered, but how do I know whn hit fire area is triggered?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

There is both a graphic and a sound when hit area goes off. At least, there is in the normal client, I don't know if there is in the other one.

S

Stupid Miner

You see damage numbers floating above nearby monsters.

G

grandpa otis

well, evidently I am a complete noob, cuz I can't see/hear anything. I made 2 bokutoes , one plain, one I imbued with hit fire area 44% and spent half hour using both and can not see anything to indicate if/when hit area effect is triggering??? Both appeared to me to hit exactly the same??? I'm using the 2d client? The one with hit fireball I can see easy enuff, but not the hit area.

S

Stupid Miner

well, evidently I am a complete noob, cuz I can't see/hear anything. I made 2 bokutoes , one plain, one I imbued with hit fire area 44% and spent half hour using both and can not see anything to indicate if/when hit area effect is triggering??? Both appeared to me to hit exactly the same??? I'm using the 2d client? The one with hit fireball I can see easy enuff, but not the hit area.
It doesn't hit the actual monster you're striking.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

From left to right, Fire, Energy, Poison.

Sound for Fire is the same as Orc Bombers bombs, Energy sounds like Executioners reflect damage, Poison sounds the same as the Poison spell. I didn't have a weapon handy for Phys & Cold but I expect they're the same.

S

Stupid Miner

From left to right, Fire, Energy, Poison.

Sound for Fire is the same as Orc Bombers bombs, Energy sounds like Executioners reflect damage, Poison sounds the same as the Poison spell. I didn't have a weapon handy for Phys & Cold but I expect they're the same.
Oh hey, nice info, can I nab it for a Stratics page or something?