Noob question about IDOC housing.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
B

Bigmikeuk

Hey!

I used to play UO years ago and have just recently returned for a bit of a mess about. I'm looking to do a bit of IDOC hunting but am having a few problems...

Before I left UO all you had to do was hover over a house sign and it would tell you it's status, now when I check signs it doesn't give me anything.
How do you find out what status the house is these days?

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
You should be able to see the house name, house owner name and the private/public status of this home. If that is all you see when hovering over the house sign, this means that the house is not going through a decay cycle. Houses will show a 4th line with the state of the house if it has started its decay cycle, by a player either placing a new house thus condeming his current one OR his account has been innactive (unpaid for) for over 3 months.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2004
It has not changed at all.

First find your decaying house. They are the ones where the sign changes.

They are getting harder to find tho, with the huge number of players who have left large gaps in housing everywhere now.