• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Non-Tamer Treasure Hunting Template?

Khayman

Visitor
Professional
I am looking to make a treasure hunter but want to try something different than a tamer. I know back in the day there were a lot of bard treasure hunters. I want to be able to solo most maps if possible.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am looking to make a treasure hunter but want to try something different than a tamer. I know back in the day there were a lot of bard treasure hunters. I want to be able to solo most maps if possible.
Bard treasure hunter will struggle in Eodon as the Allosaurus isnt bardable. They are basically a minichamp each in hp.
Renegade Changelings in Ilshenar without Mysticism or Taming were also difficult.

Khayman

Visitor
Professional
So the template looks interesting though not looking forward to working up spellweaving. I would gladly use items to get mystic to 110. I am thinking garg so I dont have to worry about mounts but worried about items for suits. So @Petra Fyde had 115 SW and @GeneralFlogger had 120. Is there much of a difference and would I need either of the 2 quest spells? Not sure I could get those.

GeneralFlogger

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Weaving 120 gives buffs to summoning, mana shield and summon reaper, from the link i posted i dropped the +10 mystic book and just found a bracelet w/ sdi, focus/mystic 15 so i can run the lexicon, skills are:

1707289239033.png

I have never needed to stone anything off w/ the suits I run like I was thinking I might have to back when I was training this toon. If mana gets low do like the vid and just cast a summon, invis and let regen of the suit catch you up, the spawns from the chest aren't that bad w/ red summons as only one mob is being attacked at a time. All you have to do is make sure you don't get aggro'd by everything all at once.

EDIT* The 10 med is from gear (spell woven britches).

Attachments

Last edited:

GeneralFlogger

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
my skills drop when i run my luck suit but all i do when i have it on is pre cast invis and wait for the chest to pop, invis, switch and destroy...

GeneralFlogger

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
If going garg, I'd plan the suit out before committing to make sure you can hit everything you want, just my 2 cents, an ethereal w/ this build is just about as fast as flying and the added luck is something to consider...

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the template looks interesting though not looking forward to working up spellweaving. I would gladly use items to get mystic to 110. I am thinking garg so I dont have to worry about mounts but worried about items for suits. So @Petra Fyde had 115 SW and @GeneralFlogger had 120. Is there much of a difference and would I need either of the 2 quest spells? Not sure I could get those.
That video was made a while ago, the char now has 120 weaving and mystic

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's from the spellweaving mastery: Skill Masteries – Ultima Online
I use that for the initial spawn for 2 reasons, 1. it engages all the spawn rather than an individual one, giving my character a better chance to avoid them attacking her, and 2 it's stationary, a rising collosus, when cast while digging, has an unfortunate tendency to wander off before the chest appears.

Khayman

Visitor
Professional
it's from the spellweaving mastery: Skill Masteries – Ultima Online
I use that for the initial spawn for 2 reasons, 1. it engages all the spawn rather than an individual one, giving my character a better chance to avoid them attacking her, and 2 it's stationary, a rising collosus, when cast while digging, has an unfortunate tendency to wander off before the chest appears.
Thank you, that video really helps me see it in action and I am going to go for it. I have a tamer but am not keen on making a 2nd and don't have the $$ for soulstones. SW and Myst will be a lot easier to raise than taming lol

Khayman

Visitor
Professional
If going garg, I'd plan the suit out before committing to make sure you can hit everything you want, just my 2 cents, an ethereal w/ this build is just about as fast as flying and the added luck is something to consider...
I think I will just go with a human and use an Ethy, will be way easier I think. Thank you for sharing the build and everything, that is my new goal.