• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Non-healing ninja/archer

• Thread starter Sho Hashi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sho Hashi

Been building a ninja/archer for PvM. Anyone tried a template like this?

Ninja, arch, anat, tact, hide, stealth, resist 100 (700 cap, been playing less than a year)

I was thinking that I could use mirror image to break contact/deflect hits and use dog/cat form for healing. Use shuriken for poisoning and smoke bombs when I get in trouble.

Just how much am I going to miss healing? Will I ever be able to hunt higher level monsters?

C

Connor_Graham

Poisoning monsters is a waste of time. They'll just cure themselves immediately. I don't know how much dog form heals, but I'm fairly sure you're going to need another type of healing for any kind of high end creatures.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dog form healing is based on lvl of ninjitsu, forget what the cap is at 120 though...very nice in conjunction with mirror images

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Poisoning monsters is a waste of time. They'll just cure themselves immediately. I don't know how much dog form heals, but I'm fairly sure you're going to need another type of healing for any kind of high end creatures.
the healing rate for dog form is insane I recently started a ninja thief and I can stand in despise with a group of 10 or so creatures hitting me and I regen the damage from them all nearly as fast as they can deal it and thats at about 75 skill I shudder to think what 120 will give me and thats with no regen item i might add combined with mirror image and stamina leech weapon its crazy almost to good I think...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
here is what I got from uoguide
Cat & Dog Form

* Minimum skill: 40
* 100% success 80
* Increases hit point regeneration rate. At 120 Ninjitsu hit point regeneration is 4.

this can not be right though it is a lot more than 4 regen more like 14 or seems like it to me

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say unless you are going to be only farming non-spell casting mobs, it is a bad way to go. You will get continuously revealed and drummed down by paralyze, poison, etc. I don't know the specifics myself for the regeneration rate on dog form, but relying on one heal method alone is not a good strategy.

Sure with GM resist you will deflect some enfeebling attempts. If you are careful with your tactics, yes you can take on most mobs. Enemies that can teleport and hit you for big melee damage though or nasty spell-combos won't be much fun. You will be quickly flat-lined and consequently in trouble.

Not to mention, you won't be using ninjitsu as say...a custodial type of measure. You are discussing ninjitsu being your LONE DEFENSE...and offense for that matter.

1. Shadow moves are a waste of time for damage output in PvM.
2. You have no chivalry to help add damage output, remove curse or close wounds.
3. No second healing method > see #2.
4. Ninjitsu is a mana hog for its skill based moves. 10 to 30 mana you are ostensibly looking at for the most part.

I could add more and not to play the devils advocate, but you are asking to use a lot of points for basically defense and well...HPR. Not to mention you have how much mana? I would not recommend the build at all if you could not carry 100 mana.

After all, I would hope you want to command some damage output as well. That would dictate the ability to use specials. If anything, I would drop the anatomy. You aren't using bandages anyways, so it matters why? 55% damage output? hardly...Tactics is basically 100% more damage output for a modifier and you could throw in spirit speak or something. At least then...you would have a second way of healing.

S

Sho Hashi

Okay, so I played around with this a bit today and I think I might be able to make it work. I haven't finished my suit and my archery is only about 85 and ninja is somewhere around 90, but I was able to take out a couple of ronins at once, as well as a bake and a tsuki wolf. Nothing spectacular, but never even came close to dying.

With an almost all 70s suit maxing out hit point regen, I don't have to stay in dog form. That means I can go into kirin when my stam goes down, poison with frog form, use bake for HCI and speed increase, use deathstrike in human form (although it kinda sucks when you are using archery). I can switch to dog form when my HPs get low, which is rare because my mirror images keep me from getting hit most of the time.

I think I am either going to have to lower resist for meditate or maybe try and get some more mana regen/LMC on my suit or a bow with mana leach. Found a dryad bow with +10 ninja on it, though, which is kinda nice for my build.

I haven't even added a bracelet of health/resilient bracelet (not sure which to add--the +20 phys resist seems pretty nice), the voice of the fallen king yet, or totem of the void yet. Need to start raising some funds.

I think if I can get my damage up with better ninja and archery,this will be viable. Mobs and dismount monsters could be a problem, tho.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't mean to be the debby downer here, but I don't see this template being effective for PvP or any high end PvM boss.

S

Sho Hashi

You're probably right, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

S

Silent-Lynx

The rate of regen for 120 Ninjitsu is around 40.

I got on Kingdom Reborn last night to look at my states and when I turned into a cat she had 42 health regen.

At 70 resists, mirror images up, GM resist, legendary parry, with 45 DCI...

She's kinda hard to kill :p

I tanked 4 changelings and never got below half health. Pretty sweet I think. :)

S

Sho Hashi

If I can ever manage to get my ninjitsu up to 120, I figure my regen rate with my suit will be about 6.5 hp/sec (HP regen 65). Right now it is in the mid 40s when I am in dog form.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have hunted serpentine dragons, greater and lesser hiryus, tsuki wolves, miasma, demons, oni, fan dancers, ronin and ninja, titans and cyclops, dragons, lady of snow, and many others. This is on a ninja in cat form with a boh, and sometimes using parasitic poison darts. Yeah, you may only get 1 or 2 heals before a magic user will cure it, but sometimes that is all you need.
I have had no difficulty farming these creatures with ease.

G

GFY

I have a friend with a similar template and he recommends the totem of the Fey (I think it's called, its the cu sidhe totem anywho). This gives you another way to heal if you need one.

D

Dragonchilde

I have a friend with a similar template and he recommends the totem of the Fey (I think it's called, its the cu sidhe totem anywho). This gives you another way to heal if you need one.
Does the cu form not need healing to be able to heal? I was under the assumption that even though it autobandaids, it still needed healing.

G

GFY

Things may have changed but last I knew he didn't have healing on the template. He only used dog form and the talisman for healing.

S

Sho Hashi

So, I got poisoned by a rotting corpse, which I think is lethal, and I didn't lose any health. This template looks like it will work pretty well. I think I may raise my resist spells to 110, though. Is that worth it--is it much better than 100?

T

Turdnugget

For PvM, if you're using animal form, resist spells is kinda pointless. As long as you carry a trapped box/apples, you'll be a-ok.