• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nomination Time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just out of curiosity... If you do not play here on Siege, how is it you know who has discussed your Siege affiliations with me or who my allies are?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM Troubadour, thanks for posting that link. I spent over an hour looking for it! :eek:

Post it on the EM Forum as a sticky?

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Just out of curiosity... If you do not play here on Siege, how is it you know who has discussed your Siege affiliations with me or who my allies are?
Because I spend a lot of time on the shard as EM, and here on the forums. My time on the shard as EM is not limited to hosting events. It includes scouting out appropriate areas for the next event or series, setting up events, interacting with players at player-run events, and more. I also tend to lurk quietly often to get a feel for the shard and the people. I've gotten some ideas for events from stray comments said in-game. The entire recent series of Rabid Mongbat Invasions evolved from to a stray comment someone made at a Governor's Meeting, combined with a comment in General Chat. The Christmas Event was similarly derived.

I believe that this sort of event helps tie the shard together more and gives the events more of a "really here" feeling since they don't all come out of left field.

As to guildmates and Allies: I can get tons of info in game and on the forums - even a signature often tells guild/alliance info - especially those that link to webpages and forums.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Keep up your good work EM_Troubadour. It's sure not the most easy shard to be an EM on, as a lot that do work on others shards will work out different here.
I don't know why Siege need to have this kind of drama and mud casting, guess they have to hard with finding fights in game.
Maybe an idea to events would be something that include PvP. Nothing make Siege more alive than a good IDOC so something to fight over, maybe something that have to be moved from one town to an other or something out in nowhere, the towns can fight over and the winning town, will get some kind of reward to the citizen who took part in it. Maybe something to heavy to gate with, so it have to be moved step by step or on boat or via pack animals or it need to be put together of several items found all over the shard.
Fighting monsters works for other shards, here we like fighting other players so give us something to fight over. Yes a lot will die and a lot will lose stuff, they do that to IDOC too.
Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think this post went off the rails. I don't see how to get this train back on track. Will someone please closed and lock it. If i can, i'm not sure how.
Thanks
York
Maybe someone will ask us some questions regarding the towns. I would be interested in see what the candidates have to say.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bo's question is how does an EM that doesnt play this shard know that a governor isnt doing the following?
2. encourge citizens to raise moneys
3. Address the needs and concerns of the citizens
4. trade deals
5. grant titles

Bo isnt stupid this is mostly all bout the Bo. But the bo has attempted most of the things on the list. No doubt Bo will never attend a 4:30pm est meeting, you can take that to the bank.. Bo has family and sorry that comes first. The Bo was never asked what time would be best for meetings, if bo was asked bo would say later in the night say round 8-11pm..
the Bo doesnt spend alot of time usually on these ****ty forums, because it's usually just asshats poking asshats. It was only until recently since becoming governor that the bo decided to pop in here more often.
Plain and simple Bo helps more people on this shard than 95% of its current players, please any of you try to say that isnt true!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll say it again, this was a joke, sorry but it was. "you cheated at votes, so to get you back, i'm going to cheat too..yay I won !!", ridiculous.

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Bo's question is how does an EM that doesnt play this shard know that a governor isnt doing the following?
2. encourge citizens to raise moneys
3. Address the needs and concerns of the citizens
4. trade deals
5. grant titles

Bo isnt stupid this is mostly all bout the Bo. But the bo has attempted most of the things on the list. No doubt Bo will never attend a 4:30pm est meeting, you can take that to the bank.. Bo has family and sorry that comes first. The Bo was never asked what time would be best for meetings, if bo was asked bo would say later in the night say round 8-11pm..
the Bo doesnt spend alot of time usually on these ****** forums, because it's usually just asshats poking asshats. It was only until recently since becoming governor that the bo decided to pop in here more often.
Plain and simple Bo helps more people on this shard than 95% of its current players, please any of you try to say that isnt true!
I think that may be part of the problem. You keep talking about Bo and what Bo does, but Bo is not the Governor. Hugibear is, and as Governor, he is expected to preform the duties. I do watch, and I do have the ability to see what actions are taken and advertised. Just because I do not "play" siege on my personal account does not mean that I am not around as EM on the shard.

The point is to generate activity in the towns and I've seen quite a bit of it in Moonglow and some others. There has been nothing here or in-game to advertise activities in Britain. No attendance at Governor's Meetings. How can you claim to address the needs of the town of Britain and the citizens there when you are not representing them before the king?

If you are unable to attend a meeting, you do have the option of sending a representative to speak for you, or send a book with updates, etc. At least that way there is some communication going on.

Lastly - I do understand the concerns about a short meeting on Father's Day. However, I have in the past also held events and activities on other holidays including Christmas Day. Why would I do it on a major holiday? Because some do not have a family to spend time with and want activity so I take time from my family to accommodate them.

In this case, I expect it to be a very short meeting, but it is a special session due to rather odd circumstances. If you were more active in the program you'd know why a meeting is needed and why it is being called immediately after the new term begins.

All that King Blackthorn asks is if you accept a position, that you follow through on the duties of the position. This is not a popularity contest, it is a program to generate RP and to provide activities in the towns.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that may be part of the problem. You keep talking about Bo and what Bo does, but Bo is not the Governor. Hugibear is, and as Governor, he is expected to preform the duties. I do watch, and I do have the ability to see what actions are taken and advertised. Just because I do not "play" siege on my personal account does not mean that I am not around as EM on the shard..
Right there tells the Bo that you really don't know what happens on siege! And so much for the RP!

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Right there tells the Bo that you really don't know what happens on siege! And so much for the RP!
As a player, you are more than one character. If you were RP'ing in any way, you'd know that Bo and Hugibear and your other persona's are all treated as separate people. What one claims to do does not carry across to all - and as stated, nothing has been done to promote the capital City, its citizens, or the Governor - Hugibear.

If you really feel that I am just missing it all - then please show me where Hugibear did something for Britain. Pre-event Advertisements? Pictures during the event? Comments from players saying they enjoyed it? Someone saying "Thank you for the trade deal buff"? Anything?

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sorry hugi doesnt take pictures of helping people out. More often than not people ask for the help and Hugi shows up and gives them a helping hand all while telling them to vote and support britain. If hugi isnt on than hugi sends the Bo if the Bo is on.
If you think you have a feel for siege by reading these boards than you are sadly misinformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.