• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nomination Time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you have a few moments I was wondering who would be running where? I would like to find out if we are going to have any empty seats.
Thanks

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The citizen of New Magincia know what they get when they vote for me: Assassin's Trade Deal and constant representation at the king's counsil (Only city that has upheld a trade deal from day one, and only city that was represented at all counsil meetings through their governor personally)

VOTE FOR MORGAN IRONFIST!!!

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The citizen of New Magincia know what they get when they vote for me: Assassin's Trade Deal and constant representation at the king's counsil (Only city that has upheld a trade deal from day one, and only city that was represented at all counsil meetings through their governor personally)

VOTE FOR MORGAN IRONFIST!!!
+5 SSI - Ya' got my vote, Morgan Ironfist! ;)

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I placed my name back for nomination in Yew again today. I do need a second to run. There also seems to be two other names on the stone (both Gilfane). I know I was looking for months for someone who is interested in Yew during the last term and never found anyone. I'm a little puzzled on who these two are.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for my own curiosity, what cities don't have representatives, what is required to run, and what powers can be twisted to the evil whims of the governors?

Reuggan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I started playing many years ago, I was born in Yew. I have lived in Yew most of my UO life and consider it my town. I was disappointed that we had no Governor last term. I etched my name on the stone in case no one ran again. I did not want to see it be vacant for another term. Seeing as how I am not very political, if someone else wants to run the town I will probably step aside. I endorsed you York, so you are now on the ballot.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello - I will be running as the underdog in Britain! My chances are slim, but my hopes are BIG!

This is what I would like to see again. A hub of trade, of players and of history. And maybe some AFK sitting (leave a little something in your pack for the thieves, they need love too! - *fixed for Gooch).

Last edited:

crossandmore

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Eli Cross will run for Vesper again, hoping to restore it to its merchantile roots and glory. Havent been able to get it all in working order since being nominated (a lil less then 2 months) but people can expect more regular Caravan Routes and the likes.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are the current candidates at the halfway point for nominations (excluding Jhelom, as I don't have an active character there):

Britain
Holden Caulfield
Phantroneous Cat

Minoc
Gooch

Moonglow
Kattasrophe

New Magincia
Morgan Ironfist

Skara Brae

Tizarium
Hoffs

Trinsic
Kelmo

Vesper
Possom
Eli Cross

Yew
Reuggan
York

Sam

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here are the current candidates at the halfway point for nominations (excluding Jhelom, as I don't have an active character there):

Britain
Holden Caulfield
Phantroneous Cat

Minoc
Gooch

Moonglow
Kattasrophe

New Magincia
Morgan Ironfist
Skara Brae
Tizarium
Hoffs

Trinsic
Kelmo

Vesper
Possom
Eli Cross

Yew
Reuggan
York
As of this moment I am unopposed in Jhelom
-Sam

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Are there anyone loyal to Buc's Den? We need a Pirate guild there :devil:

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Final list of candidates:

Britain

Hugibear
Holden Caulfield
Phantroneous Cat

Jhelom (subject to confirmation)
Sam

Minoc
Gooch

Moonglow
Kattasrophe

New Magincia
Morgan Ironfist

Skara Brae
Tizarium
Hoffs

Trinsic
Kelmo

Vesper
Possom
Eli Cross

Yew
York

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Seems we have a few races in key towns. This will be interesting. The voting has already begun; I am curious who is leading in brit,vesper and skara.
Reuggan, i understand your decision to withdraw. I would be interested in meeting with you to get your input on ways to improve Yew.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Skara, I am currently leading by 52.8% to 47.1%.

In Vesper, Possum holds a 57.1% to 42.8% lead.

Last edited:

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Very interesting...
I am puzzled how possum is leading in Vesper. The willingness to step in and revive the economy in vesper was no small task; i could not see anyone better to fulfill this then Eli since he has already taken steps to make this happen.

I suspected a close race in Brit. Though it seems there may be a new governor for this town in the future.

If the Auction doesn't win Hoffs the election i'm not sure what would.... I can't think of any or many player ran events that brings out such a response. The simple truth is we need ways to draw people into the shard and auctions are a great way to make this happen. This efforts are good for all involved and non involved.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the Auction doesn't win Hoffs the election i'm not sure what would.... I can't think of any or many player ran events that brings out such a response. The simple truth is we need ways to draw people into the shard and auctions are a great way to make this happen. This efforts are good for all involved and non involved.
The Skara election has become an all-out struggle between the alliances. In just two days, the votes cast there surpassed the total votes in any previous Siege election. Parium was boosted earlier today by 26 votes in around half an hour, courtesy of such Siege veterans as Blue, Orange, Red, Purple, et al. Oh, did I forget Violet? It is hard to compete against endless promo codes :)

*edit* Before I get the inevitable response to the above, promo codes are not trial codes.

Last edited:

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege ugliness...at its best.
Indeed. And I actually bitterly regret coming back as a governor candidate. I have not been one for six months and perhaps if I had not indicated to York that I would be prepared to stand again then he would have remained unchallenged as Skara governor.

In the end I would just like to see a full slate of governors who actually know what it means to be one and actually care about this thing called "community". But instead it seems like we could end up with another one or two absentee governors considering that Bo has not been present at a King's Council meeting at all this term (or ever?) and has not bothered to appoint anyone to represent him or his citizens. And to my knowledge, my opponent, leader of the second largest alliance on the shard, has never even been to a KC meeting (or any player/EM event that I have attended in recent memory). Perhaps if they had then they would know what being a governor is all about.

Last edited:

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Indeed. And I actually bitterly regret coming back as a governor candidate. I have not been one for six months and perhaps if I had not indicated to York that I would be prepared to stand again then he would have remained unchallenged as Skara governor.

In the end I would just like to see a full slate of governors who actually know what it means to be one and actually care about this thing called "community". But instead it seems like we could end up with another one or two absentee governors considering that Bo has not been present at a King's Council meeting at all this term (or ever?) and has not bothered to appoint anyone to represent him or his citizens. And to my knowledge, my opponent, leader of the second largest alliance on the shard, has never even been to a KC meeting (or any player/EM event that I have attended in recent memory). Perhaps if they had then they would know what being a governor is all about.
Well like bo said if they were held at the normal times that all other shards get than the bo can attend. But really sunday at 4pm isnt going to happen for the Bo. It was changed for European players, by an "in the pocket" em, with no consideration towards those of us that live and work on the east coast of the GOOD OLE US OF A.................. And why would you think the bo is an absentee governor? The bo has helped many on this shard and still does as the governor of Brit. Could you look past your hatred for one person for a minute? ombo y'all are getting ridiculous.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Skara election has become an all-out struggle between the alliances. In just two days, the votes cast there surpassed the total votes in any previous Siege election. Parium was boosted earlier today by 26 votes in around half an hour, courtesy of such Siege veterans as Blue, Orange, Red, Purple, et al. Oh, did I forget Violet? It is hard to compete against endless promo codes :)

*edit* Before I get the inevitable response to the above, promo codes are not trial codes.
Which promo code would this be? I may need a few to get some friends to return

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Which promo code would this be? I may need a few to get some friends to return
It´s funny how you seem to feel targeted even though you´re not even mentioned in this thread. And yet you chose to reply to that specific part.
Now why is that?

Heh, it´s so transparent... :D

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It´s funny how you seem to feel targeted even though you´re not even mentioned in this thread. And yet you chose to reply to that specific part.
Now why is that?

Heh, it´s so transparent... :D
So transparent that I voted for my guild leader? Yeah I agree its transparent the question had nothing to do with my votes. and me feeling targeted or not though lol

I want to know where these promo codes are.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I just found 10 in a stack inside of Eighth age box. 45 days gameplay with that code! Ohhh! this is the expansion with player quotes in it!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn't it stated by EM Troubador that if a Governor did not attend the meetings they would lose their position? I was under the impression that this was to be so.
I guess I really don't understand why someone would take the position of Governor without any intention of fulfilling the required duties when there are people who are so willing to do so. What is the motivation to hold such position without tending to the position?
I know when I was a Governor on another shard and RL was demanding a lot of my time I felt embarrassed that I couldn't uphold my end of the bargain. People voted me into that position and I felt I let them down by not doing what the duties required of me. I did not run again as I felt I did not deserve it.

With all due respect it befuddles my old brain that anyone would do this intentionally. What does one gain by doing such?

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't it stated by EM Troubador that if a Governor did not attend the meetings they would lose their position? I was under the impression that this was to be so.
I guess I really don't understand why someone would take the position of Governor without any intention of fulfilling the required duties when there are people who are so willing to do so. What is the motivation to hold such position without tending to the position?
I know when I was a Governor on another shard and RL was demanding a lot of my time I felt embarrassed that I couldn't uphold my end of the bargain. People voted me into that position and I felt I let them down by not doing what the duties required of me. I did not run again as I felt I did not deserve it.

With all due respect it befuddles my old brain that anyone would do this intentionally. What does one gain by doing such?

No one has done anything. There has been not a single "Promo code" used. Every vote cast has been from an active account, and they were all members in our alliance.

So would we wind up with is a bunch of circumstances with people being fed bad information. Peoples' perception is determined by the information they believe to be correct.
Siege is a central time zone server. this is what you would call a fact.
Siege is the only server with an EM that plays the server. This is also a fact.
So why may I ask, are most of the times for our EM events catered to the European time zone? Are the influences in game on our EM 100% from one alliance because they play on the server?
I do not know why people have come here and posted unfounded accusations, but It seems to me (as someone we all know seems to say) maybe we should act more classy.
We may have a lot of folks out doing the vacation thing right at the moment, but I think its funny you claim your alliance is bigger than ours. Apparently it is not.
*Tips Hat*

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Rizarium,

Did you really mean to quote my post? I'm not finding any correlation between the two posts. But I hope you don't mind in that I respectfully have a few questions and comments concerning your post.

So would we wind up with is a bunch of circumstances with people being fed bad information. Peoples' perception is determined by the information they believe to be correct.
Absolutely in agreement. All too often we jump to conclusions without checking the premises of our opinions and determinations. I'm the first in line on this front.

Siege is a central time zone server. this is what you would call a fact.
Isn't it an Eastern Time Zone server? I had thought it was an Eastern time zone server.

Siege is the only server with an EM that plays the server. This is also a fact.
Are you saying that EM Troubador plays Siege? Substantiate this 'fact' please. Anything less smacks of your own statement of people being fed bad information. Names. If you don't feel comfortable posting it here on Stratics please PM it to me. I will report it immediately as this violates the EM program as I understand it.

So why may I ask, are most of the times for our EM events catered to the European time zone? Are the influences in game on our EM 100% from one alliance because they play on the server?
Why do you think this? I decided to try to verify this statement and this is a list of the most recent events published on the EM Moderator Forum. If I were in London and worked the usual Monday - Friday work schedule I would have to disagree with the above statement as 12:30 am, midnight, 1:00 am, 3:00 am are times when most people are safely tucked into their beds. And those Sunday events at 4:30 eastern would start at 9:30 in London. Even folks who live on the East Coast grumble about having to stay up for an event on the West Coast that starts at 7 pm pst.

The most recent events:
Starting at 7:30 pm Eastern (12:30 am in London) on May 30th, 2014 through to June 1st, 2014.

King Blackthorn requests that the Governors meet in Council on June 1st ( Sunday, 9:30 pm in London), 2014 at 4:30pm EST.

EM Troubadour will be hosting an EM Meet and Greet at the Britain EM Hall on May 18th ( Sunday) at 4:30pm Eastern (9:30 pm in London). All are welcome and encouraged to attend.

Please join us on April 29th, 2014 at 7:00pm (midnight in London) in the EM Hall in Britain as we try to recover the stolen loot. (This is a Thievery event - Stealing skill will be needed).

Please join us on March 17th, at 4pm Eastern (9:00 pm in London) and 8pm Eastern (1:00 am in London) in the Taverns of Britain for the Celebration.

King Blackthorn requests that all Governors attend the next council meeting on Sunday the 30th day of March at 4:30pm (9:30 pm in London )

Shadow Play. January 31st, 2014 - 10:00pm Eastern (3:00 am in London).

I do not know why people have come here and posted unfounded accusations, but It seems to me (as someone we all know seems to say) maybe we should act more classy.
This is something we all need to pay attention to.

We may have a lot of folks out doing the vacation thing right at the moment, but I think its funny you claim your alliance is bigger than ours. Apparently it is not.
*Tips Hat*
I never made a statement alluding to this. I think you might be referring to another post in the thread?

Respectfully,

AW

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran

I do not know why people have come here and posted unfounded accusations...
Yes. We do end up with a lot of assumptions and people being fed bad information.

Let me make something clear: If you can not do anything with the position, then you do not need to take it. Things to do: 1.) Attend Meetings. 2.) RP it (If you think no one has done anything you are demeaning our Moonglow Governor who has been VERY active as well as the former Moonglow Governor (currently in Skara Brae). 3.) Engage the citizens in their town. 4.) Host events to support their town. 5.) Maintain a trade deal.

Of the above items, all are not expected, but some are. Certain Governors have done none of the above and are at risk of being removed from the position.

Now to the bad information: I play Atlantic as my home shard and always have for almost 17 years now. I do have characters developed on most shards - but I would not say that "I play Siege" much. Of the last 50 times that I have been logged in to Siege - at most 2 (I can only think of one) of those have been on my personal account rather than as an EM.

As to the time of events: They are not mostly "Catered to the European Time Zone". Many of the events have been held duplicate so that one is held in each time-zone. Others have been in one or the other, but I have worked very hard to keep it balanced between the two. Why? Because Siege is not a normal shard. Siege is not a US Central Shard - there are no US Central Shards and have not been for years. The server is linked to the cloud through the East Coast, but that does not mean the players are. The players are the shard, not some piece of the cloud. Siege is much more than a single time zone and has players from various parts of the world and it is my job to engage them all. If you go by the central time-zone - then I have done events at 7:30am, 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm and 8:00pm and 10:00pm. Events do occur more often on the weekends than weeknights. Why? Because more people are online then. Any other driving factor on when events are held are strictly because I have a life outside of being an EM. I have a job, a family, and other obligations.

As to the Governor's Meeting times - at the start of each term, the Governors have been polled to determine the best times for the meeting. So far - each term has rendered down to Sunday afternoon being the best time for all that have responded. Attendance at the meetings is not required - but it is one of the things that shows a Governor is active.

I also do not know why someone would come here and post unfounded accusations. Let me state this clearly: The assumption that I am in GIL is incorrect.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM Troubadour - You have no right to remove a publically elected official. That is direct interference and abuse of your position as an EVENT Moderator. If someone is elected to be Governor, you really have no right to remove them because you personally think they are not doing a good job in a position that, to the best of my knowledge, has no written guidelines. That type of interference has been a problem we have had from EM's for years. They either cannot handle the fact that people will be killed at events on Siege or they make up rules as they go that are against what this shard is all about. You are definitely guilty of the latter, in regards to who can vote in an election and the requirements to do so.

Back off and let things play out on their own. Not everyone is going to be the type of Governor you outlined above, but that does not give you the right to step in and do as you see fit. As a moderator you can help things along and offer guidelines, but you definitely should not be interfering with the process and what has been decided upon by the players.

Furthermore, it IS heavily rumored that you are a member, in some form or fashion, of GIL or their many allies. So lets just clear this up once and for all. Please confirm or deny your current or past affiliation with this group so we can all be clear on what the truth of the matter really is. Your last post seemed a little too focused on omitting what your real affiliation is to this group.

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
EM Troubadour - You have no right to remove a publically elected official. That is direct interference and abuse of your position as an EVENT Moderator. If someone is elected to be Governor, you really have no right to remove them because you personally think they are not doing a good job in a position that, to the best of my knowledge, has no written guidelines. That type of interference has been a problem we have had from EM's for years. They either cannot handle the fact that people will be killed at events on Siege or they make up rules as they go that are against what this shard is all about. You are definitely guilty of the latter, in regards to who can vote in an election and the requirements to do so.

Back off and let things play out on their own. Not everyone is going to be the type of Governor you outlined above, but that does not give you the right to step in and do as you see fit. As a moderator you can help things along and offer guidelines, but you definitely should not be interfering with the process and what has been decided upon by the players.

Furthermore, it IS heavily rumored that you are a member, in some form or fashion, of GIL or their many allies. So lets just clear this up once and for all. Please confirm or deny your current or past affiliation with this group so we can all be clear on what the truth of the matter really is. Your last post seemed a little too focused on omitting what your real affiliation is to this group.
gov accept.jpg
Yeah I think you might be wrong about a lot of that Kat. This is what you accept when you take the position as governor. Maybe you should check your facts before you go slinging mud at people.
Oh and if he says he plays Atlantic how does that make him part of Gil again....

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't slinging mud. I have never run for governor, so how would I know? Thank you for posting that, but you could maybe try dropping the attitude instead of acting like such a cow about it.

EM_Troubadour

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran

Actually, the King does have that right. Britannia is not a Democracy and the Governor's Council serves to support the King and the Citizens they represent. As such, the King does have the right to replace a Governor if they are not doing the job. The position is not a popularity contest, or to see who can get the most votes through whatever means possible. The position is to provide a basis on the shards for RP and to encourage activity in the towns. A Governor who is not preforming these duties can and will be removed (Per Mesanna - not me). After an election, a Governor must "accept the position" and confirm an agreement on the election stone to preform the required duties. If they accept - they are expected to do so.

The position does have guidelines that were preset when the program was created and best stated by EM Bennu of Atlantic. I have restated them on the Siege Forum in the past. If you would like to review this, please see: http://stratics.com/community/threads/trade-deal-challenge.314262/#post-2378994.

I have no knowledge of prior EM's on Siege as I was not here then. I do know that for me - I am within the guidelines of the program with my statements above and any potential action within the program. These actions have been taken before on several other shards and are not new to the program.

In the case of non-active governors, letting it "play out" appears to mean that absolutely nothing will happen and that is not what the program is for. Plain and simple.

Lastly, as you are well aware: I can not help rumors that are spread. I certainly did not start them and they serve no reasonable purpose other than to generate distrust and sow discord. I have stated above that I was not on Siege for prior EM's so I did not know the history. I have stated that I am not in GIL. I am not affiliated with any group on Siege. If you truly believe that I am biased towards one group over another, feel free to let me know, or let Mesanna know, but please leave me out of any inter-guild infighting on the shard. I am not a part of it - despite the rumors your allies have spread. I have seen this false rumor spread in general chat several times. Again - it serves no good purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.