• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No Support for paying customers at all from Broadsword?

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello
i am really a patient person. but now even my patience has ended. 2 weeks ago i discovered a problem with an old guild i am leader of, that could not solve. It seems to be a bug. So I called an advisor. He tried a lot but failed to save the problem. He said, he would pass it on to a GM. But best he said, would be to write to Mesanna. ... the result: no GM ever came or contacted me, even after several hours. no answer this time from Mesanna, even after a seocnd mail. So I tried again several times to call a GM but none came, even after hours of waiting. just got a few mails that my "bug report" will be passed on the bug team....what a great help....
even on free shards the support is better than this...they have a support for players. did Broadsword stop the support completly?

Misha

mghtyshark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Welcome to the wonderful world of UO ...... Maybe you can follow up your post with a little insight into your issue so that maybe one of the older players/poster encounter it in the past and already know the answer to it. However, I am not a Moderator so I am not sure if it is allow to post any issues on the forums for other players to assist.

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Welcome to the wonderful world of UO ...... Maybe you can follow up your post with a little insight into your issue so that maybe one of the older players/poster encounter it in the past and already know the answer to it. However, I am not a Moderator so I am not sure if it is allow to post any issues on the forums for other players to assist.
the technical problem seems to be a guild, that is not active anymore. It shows up, when i serach for guilds mine has a realtionship with. I cannot do anything with it, cannot remove it or change anything. The status with that guild is peace. but is it "hanging" somehow. Also with all other guilds mine is in peace. but when an alliance tries to invite my guild they get the message that mine is in war.
the other problem wich i discoverd not the first time, that there are no GM...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Oh I suspect Mesanna might be away for Christmas. She typically is VERY good about answering problems. I've been rather surprised at the level of service I've gotten with problems, better than back in the day. Hang in there...

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Oh I suspect Mesanna might be away for Christmas. She typically is VERY good about answering problems. I've been rather surprised at the level of service I've gotten with problems, better than back in the day. Hang in there...
that is true, she helped me a while ago with another problem and was very nice. no answer at all was a suprise to me too. but it is now 2 weeks..

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if your guild is not currently in an alliance, maybe try forming your own alliance and then leaving it? it might kick the glitch and let you accept alliance invitations (don't know if there's a waitng period for things like that)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you "I resign from my guild" and make a new one? Only guild thing I know ;)
Tried that one time with a guild on Atl, chars on 3 of my accts. resigned em all, gave uup the guild, and when I tried to recreate the guild was told that name is already in use...for days.

Finally just gave up and made a different name with different abbr.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You haven't gotten out much I take it to see how many players enjoy proper customer service and new content on these non subscription shards :)
My personal experience with customer support has been excellent. Considering it's the holidays and the bizarre nature of the problem I could see where there could be some issues. Plus the OP doesn't want to do the basics of fixing the problem in order to keep people on the rooster that may never even play again, lol. Which I find a little odd honestly. It kinda sounds like it would take someone who really knows what their doing who is interested in spending a lot of time on something the poster could realistically deal with themselves, and that support person could be home enjoying the holidays. The issue isn't game stopping and rather bizarre... so it's a strange situation. I'm not sure there's a fix that meets the customers narrow focus on what they find acceptable. But at any rate there's always an exception to any rule but I've had excellent support on issues that I couldn't honestly handle myself. Oh and as far as I'm concerned free shards are a joke. If you like them so much why are you here?

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When you use the guild gump, do you see an alliance name on the first screen? If yes, what happens if you click on the gem next to the alliance name? Do you see anything that looks like the second screen shot below? If yes, and you click the gem next to one of the guild names, do you see anything similar to the third screen shot below? (None of my characters are in an alliance where guilds are at war with each other, so I don't know how different any of the screens look.)

View attachment 27347

View attachment 27348

View attachment 27349

Lastly, have you tried using the Advanced Search option on the guild gump and, if yes, what did it show you when it listed guilds with whom your guild already has a relationship or guilds awaiting action?

View attachment 27350
my guild is not in any alliance, so there is no alliance anme or gump

but thx

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
if your guild is not currently in an alliance, maybe try forming your own alliance and then leaving it? it might kick the glitch and let you accept alliance invitations (don't know if there's a waitng period for things like that)
will try , thx :)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I over heard that the Flu was rampant in the office over at Broadsword and with the christmas holliday just about to claim most ppl for travel its is safe to assume that your message will make it to our fearless leader. Give her time, if anything she will do her best to fathom out your delema.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had something similar recently. We had a pending war request that was never answered. I used the advanced search and I believe it was either show guilds awaiting action or show guilds with relationship. A guild(s) should pop up in one of those search results. Click the guild(s) and then click decline(or cancel) war request.

Hope this solves your problem.

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I had something similar recently. We had a pending war request that was never answered. I used the advanced search and I believe it was either show guilds awaiting action or show guilds with relationship. A guild(s) should pop up in one of those search results. Click the guild(s) and then click decline(or cancel) war request.

Hope this solves your problem.
i wish i could do that. i get the guild under guilds i have a relationship, but there is nothing to do there. I can just declare war... as i am in peace with that guild...it is really strange

Last edited:

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good luck getting any response.... 17 years and never had a dev/seer/gm reply to email from me, not even sun sword himself in the Beginning.

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Did you check under "Guilds Awaiting Action"? That is where you would find out if another guild declared war on your guild and, if so, that could be the pending request that is preventing you from making an alliance with another guild.

I jumped on Test Center and used two characters I have there to help make some screen shots to try to illustrate what I'm talking about. The first character is Madeline who is from Great Lakes. I had her set up a guild called Great Lakes Transplants (GLT). The second character is Eve who is from Origin. Her guild is Orign Transplants (ORT). The screen shots below show from both of their perspectives how the guild gumps changed and the status messages they received when Madeline (GLT) sent a 96-hour declaration of war to ORT; Eve (ORT) considered and then dismissed the challenge from GLT; Madeline sent a 48-hour declaration of war to ORT; Eve (ORT) considered and then accepted the challenge from GLT and the guilds ended up being at war with each other. I also kept the little story going by having Eve surrender so there would be screen shots to show how the guild gumps change and the status messages that come up after doing that.

I hope the screen shots and the rather corny narrative (my apologies) will help you see what happens with various parts of the guild gump and the status messages that come across (and fade very quickly). If there is a pending declaration of war on your guild, it is very possible that you just
thanks a lot!! one problem is, that the guild which probably causes the problem does not appear when I search for guilds awaiting action. It just appears when i search for guilds i am supposed to have a relationship with. The status of that guild just says peace and there is nothing i can do with that guild. That guild is dead for many years, so there is also also no one i could contact to check.