• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No rez places?

• Thread starter crystal_blood
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
C

crystal_blood

The seed from the Sapling is driving me nuts. One chance? It's too big of a dungeon to get one chance - you will probably die on your way back to your body. And I like to do things on my own, so if something gets too big and hairy for me, I die. Normally I can get out of the situation with Gm Running (hehe) but overall it's just insane.

I suggest time limits instead? Maybe seeds with three different levels. The first level can be 15 minutes, the second can be 30 or 45, and the third can be an hour. Seeds will be selected at random to be placed in a player's backpack when the dbl-click the tree.

Probably nobody will pay attention to that...

Anywho, perhaps an anhk in the champ areas (the big champs, not the mini-champs) to rez from. The Underworld is fairly small, easy to get to your body unless you ended up being a victim to the spiders, in which case you're just out of luck. :thumbdown: But the Abyss itself is HUGE. Too big to run anywhere in a matter of minutes to get your body without the risk of being killed again.

Enough suggesting, it's falling on dead ears. Anyone know a rez spot past where the Slasher is? I happen to like the fairy dragons, and letting their "summoned" enemies do all the work while I sit around and loot stuff.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The seed takes your body to the res-point, so you don't have to run back to it.

Personally, the seed approach works very nice with my playstyle where I often set a character aside for a while after a death.

L

Lilweezybaby

There are ankh's in the big champ areas...If they work..I don't know cuz i havent died at a spawn yet. Plus if you do die you could always use the stuck option get ressed and roll back there before your body decays. I like the new areas...I just wish we could use some kind of rune marking system there. Beginning to be like WoW having to run everywhere.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sapling itself will also res you if you run up to it.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stygian dragon spawn has an ankh in it so you may die at your liesure while fighting it:party: hehehehehhe and try it again and again:party:

M

maroite

You can run out of the abyss and into Ter Mur, just use the portal to get beyond the energy fields and fire walls. Going back in just say "ord" while standing RIGHT next to the west fire and "an ord" next to the east.

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems to be a situation where a special version of rune-marking might be called for - you can only get a rune for a particular "way-point" by way of a quest. For added fun and replay value, the "rune" you get could be randomised, and maybe could only be used within The Abyss...?

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tombstone by the cannons room entrance from fire island also rezs.

Fountain and Silver tree already mentioned, anyone else found others?

Stygian Drag anhk only available if your inside battling it, not usable if you have died elsewhere outside of champ spawn area I believe

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is also an ankh inside the medusa champ spawn in teh very back of the room. But again, only useful when actually in the spawn.

Sacrifice is your friend here :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There is also an ankh inside the medusa champ spawn in teh very back of the room. But again, only useful when actually in the spawn.

Sacrifice is your friend here :)
and gift of life

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I better take my thief out for a while, gem of salvation might be handy to have.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*makes mental note to never, ever dare make a comment suggesting solo players needing a res*