• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No reprieves left?

E

Eslake

Before I left, one of my characters was in a champ spawn guild, and as you know you don't stay blue very long doing those. ;)

The first thing I did when I got back was grab a placement tool and go find a house spot. It ended up being a max storage spot in a nice quiet part of Malas, but I wasn't thinking at the time and had completely forgotten I had a red character (or I would have searched Fel first).

I decided to use his 1-time Faction Reprieve, and joined up.
He stayed red.

I really hope I've overlooked something.
I can't really do anything with him or I risk adding even more counts just defending him, so he is kind of stuck twiddling his thumbs in town. Another 280+ hours of that really doesn't sound like fun to me.

I know I could delete and remake him but he would lose the AoS +5, several mage related 120 scrolls, and hundreds of hours of training.

Are there no alternatives left?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Start looking for a house spot in Fel and grab it as soon as the house placement timer is finished from placing your house in Malas?

Unless you're on Atlantic or Great Lakes, you should be able to find another max storage spot in Fel on any of the other shards with a little bit of searching.

I wasn't playing UO when the faction murder count reprieve was in effect, but the little bit of info I found on the official website seems to indicate the reprieve was only good for a month. (See http://update.uo.com/design_276.html.) Also before my time, it looks like there was a one-time reprieve in late July 2002 that affected all characters as they logged in. (See http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=6533.)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You could use the time other ways.

1. you can run from town to town buying resources for your crafters (especially from faction vendors). Heck, you could soulstone crafting skills onto him and craft in fel to pass the time (the hard part is getting stones to him). If you've been needing to train some crafting skills, soulstone one of your skills (on stones you claim with the red), and train in a fel city. It's not wasted time if you're getting something productive from it.

2. You can go to out of the way places and try to hunt (or mine, or chop wood), with an itchy recall trigger. It's not like Fel Hythloth (for example) is the most popular place in the world, after all. Most likely, you'll just see scriptors, and if they aren't chasing you, you don't have to defend yourself... Heck, put together a suit of junk, and if someone does attack you, don't defend yourself - it's hard to get a count if you don't attack them (suicide yourself with a spell if need be).

E

Eslake

If soulstones worked anywhere but in your house.. :(

I'm kind of poking around for spots in Fel. I've found a lot that would be max secures, but unless I find a full size spot I think I'll stay in Malas. The view is nice, I spent 4 hours moving in and another 3 customizing, and if I ever want to set up a vendor ... well I guess I could rent a Luna spot for that.. hmm.

He is a build for clearing champ spawns as quickly as possible tho. So maybe he will have some luck getting the Virtue Armors.
Only.. guildless red in Fel dungeons + faction::: This guy is everyone's favorite target! :gee: Should be fun.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
they do work - in Inns and taverns - anyplace that is a safe logout spot

E

Eslake

:ten: I had no idea!!

I just hope I have enough stones to get everything shifted enough to make it work. :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last fall, EA started selling the full soulstones for $9.99 on their uogamecodes.com site as one of the things you can get for redeeming a "Legacy Token." Just note that you can only order one of them at a time and I believe you can only order 4 items total per month thru that site. You might, however, be able to find Legacy Tokens or Full Soulstone tokens for sale in-game from player vendors. As you probably know, the full soulstones are also one of the vet reward items you can claim if your account is old enough.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eslake, I remembered this morning that at the last Town Hall the developers mentioned that they are going to introduce something new to the game that will allow murders to lose their murder counts. They didn't specify how it will work, only that it will cost you something. I have no idea what the cost is going to be, so it seems possible it could be gold, time, skills, stats, or even something else.

Anyway, thought you might want to know in case you're still pondering what to do with your red character.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Legacy Token can be redeemed for a Hooded Shroud of Shadows, Charger of the Fallen, or a Green (Full) Soulstone.