• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No reply quote problem

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people have reported that clicking the 'reply' button does not give the expected quote, I've done some research, it's a problem with IE 11 that many sites are apparently experiencing. To fix it:
in IE go to 'tools' in the top menu bar. Select 'Compatibility View Settings'. A box will pop up with 'stratics.com' in the top slot labelled 'add this website' Click the 'add' button then the 'close' at the bottom. The browser will refresh. You should now be able to reply normally

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You are awesome. Thank you, Petra. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heheh I'd like to take credit for doing something special, but so many are having the same problem that it needed only a very easy google search to find the solution.

*sigh* I've just been informed that this fix causes IE to not show the full forum tool bar when not logged in. To log in use the 'sign up' button, top right. It will open up the dialogue box to log in.

Do I dare to recommend people switch to a less idiosyncratic browser such as firefox or chrome?

Last edited:

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will chime in here. IE11 is horribly broken in terms of backward compatibility with most sites. I have blocked it from installing on my corporate clients' networks. You can uninstall it if you want, and will be sent back to the last version of IE you were on. To uninstall it, go to control panel, then programs and features, or "uninstall a program" if you are in category mode. Then over to the left click "view installed updates". Find Internet Explorer 11 in the updates list, click it, then click uninstall. You will be prompted to reboot when this finishes, then you will be back on the last version of IE you were on. This will not affect any favorites, but you might have to log back in to some websites, including these forums.