• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No more HIDE!

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Are you aware that free accounts no longer count towards visitor hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously she must not be or she wouldn't have said something like that.

If I'm EA I want more of these "cheating losers" with 15 PAID accounts.

Disable hide and they don't need them. Gee, what do you think that makes the odds of EA disabling hide, or adopting any of the other suggestions here?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

That does not make them cheating losers, if you chose not to compete with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I do try it just doesn't work because they are CHEATING LOSERS!

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Your wrong. If someone pays for an acct they have the choice of deciding how they want to play it. If you do not like how they play. That does not give you the right to call them a cheating loser. Anyone with more than one acct has one of their sims hiding at some point. (if they know about the feature, and the benefits it provides). You are calling the majority of EA Land cheating losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So someone is sitting there at the pc pushing the enter button every 15 minutes on all those accounts for 22 hours a day?

V

vapd3317

NOIP

Actually,...it doesn't matter if they are free or paid accounts. Circumventing the timeout feature while hidden is the issue,...not whether the account is paid or not.

AFk hiding is not against the ToS. Circumventing time out is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Your wrong. If someone pays for an acct they have the choice of deciding how they want to play it. If you do not like how they play. That does not give you the right to call them a cheating loser. Anyone with more than one acct has one of their sims hiding at some point. (if they know about the feature, and the benefits it provides). You are calling the majority of EA Land cheating losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So someone is sitting there at the pc pushing the enter button every 15 minutes on all those accounts for 22 hours a day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they're going to tell you they are
They'll even pass by the computer 2 or 3 times a day making it a point to answer a couple IMs to *prove* that point

G

In her original post I do not see where she said AFK or over riding timeout. Or anything to do with free accts. So it looked like you were saying everyone who had those accts, paid for, since she said buy accts. Was cheating losers, after she made a post saying AFK. LOL I thought you were agreeing with Carrie on this one. She is under the impression that anyone that uses the hide feature and is not actively playing Hide and Seek, is a cheater.

I do not think the ppl that are in the top stores are cheaters. I have been to the stores. I see them talking and moving. LOL I have played hide and seek myself, and got busted.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe you should run this suggestion by the people who make Custom Content. I think this would put a damper on their livelyhood. I don't know, its MO only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.....I know many people who sell their CC by word of mouth that do not run a store BECAUSE it is so boring and they feel as strongly about doing shady things as I and others do, so they just avoid the entire situation by not owning a shop and just advertising their wares on their bios. Same with the custom craftables. If there was a mandate that said these things had to be sold in stores, then there might be a problem with the above idea.....but there isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I can see this. I use to put my crafts in my profile that I ws selling before I had a store.

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol yea...
This is a pointless debate I guess...on both ends.
Until time out is disabled or these people get in trouble for bypassing it, we can all argue till we are blue in the face.
Regardless its discouraging and affecting my enjoyment of the game.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree with you on this. If you are paying for your account you are entitled to play it the way you want as long as you do not violate TOS. I don't see the top stores as being cheaters or any of the other stores who put their own accounts as visitors. Very few of the stores would even get on the list unless they did this. It is the design of the ranking system itself that is flawed. It just a poor way to measure what makes a popular store, a store that most people like.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

In her original post I do not see where she said AFK or over riding timeout. Or anything to do with free accts. So it looked like you were saying everyone who had those accts, paid for, since she said buy accts. Was cheating losers, after she made a post saying AFK. LOL I thought you were agreeing with Carrie on this one. She is under the impression that anyone that uses the hide feature and is not actively playing Hide and Seek, is a cheater.

I do not think the ppl that are in the top stores are cheaters. I have been to the stores. I see them talking and moving. LOL I have played hide and seek myself, and got busted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was replying to Qute. You need to read her post 1st and then put the 2 together but I needed to edit all of them to make it clear that free or paid, if you are hiding and afk you've done nothing wrong, however the 1st time you overide the timeout feature your in the losers category IMO. That is cheating, that is wrong and I have no use for anyone who does this for the reasons they are doing it. My husband and I have 5 accounts and have for several years. I don't and never have used them in a dishonst way. SO anyway. consider this my post and if need be I will go and delete the others so there is no confusion.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree with you on this. If you are paying for your account you are entitled to play it the way you want <font color="red"> as long as you do not violate TOS </font> . I don't see the top stores as being cheaters or any of the other stores who put their own accounts as visitors. Very few of the stores would even get on the list unless they did this. It is the design of the ranking system itself that is flawed. It just a poor way to measure what makes a popular store, a store that most people like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont care how people choose to use their accounts, but 9 times out of 10 when I visit the properties in question, they are afk, for longer than 15 minutes. So while they may show active here and there, there is no way they are at their pc for 22 hours a day.

I agree with you about the flawed ranking system, and can't wait for something to change!

G

I think every store on the top 100 list hides sims. LOL They were insinuating everyone of them were cheating losers and after the fact adding something about AFK and over riding timeout. I love how they twist things around. Trying to make it look like I was defending cheaters. When they were calling the majority of us cheating losers.
Oh well, it is to be expected. If you make a mistake, cover it up, make the other guy look bad. God forbid you admit you made a mistake.

G

TTL
NOIP

So anway... I really didn't read much of this. But I did see a lot of posts focusing on ways to keep AFK'ers from using the hide feature to stay green and ... well AFK.

If i'm wrong correct me.
plz.

Ok so ... the hide feature has always kept you green. I feel if EA truly had a problem with this... they would have disabled it, or they would have made decay active while hiding.

As far as the timer, far too complicated for such a silly thing. Stores are boring.

I think instead of judging lots by visitor hours. they should be judged as follows.
Skill lots - Amount of skills earned
Money lots- Amount of money earned
Store lots - Sales

Did not put any further thought into this. I don't know if there is anything on the wiki and so on.

I do believe that if I had to sit in my store lot all day and do nothing, I would be bored enough to want to use some workaround too.

But I don't really open my lot.

And I assure you, that if it was based on sales, ppl would start acting like real sales people who were all about customer service and competitive pricing.

Anyway this topic bores me almost as much as store lots do... so

FFL.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I think every store on the top 100 list hides sims. LOL They were insinuating everyone of them were cheating losers and after the fact adding something about AFK and over riding timeout. I love how they twist things around. Trying to make it look like I was defending cheaters. When they were calling the majority of us cheating losers.
Oh well, it is to be expected. If you make a mistake, cover it up, make the other guy look bad. God forbid you admit you made a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry that "after the fact" you needed clarification to what we were discussing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think instead of judging lots by visitor hours. they should be judged as follows.
Store lots - Sales

[/ QUOTE ]
I always thought that. LMAO I can see ppl selling stuff back and forth to their other sims to get that rating up. At least they would not be AFK!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok so ... the hide feature has always kept you green. I feel if EA truly had a problem with this... they would have disabled it, or they would have made decay active while hiding.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right, but I hope the fact that there are players who have such a big problem with it will make them rethink their laid back stance. If we didn't stand up for it, they'd never know how strongly we feel on the subject.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry that "after the fact" you needed clarification to what we were discussing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. As to the subject of the post that was replied to, that is classic 'pot/kettle/black' situation.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. As to the subject of the post that was replied to, that is classic 'pot/kettle/black' situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Please if your going to referr to anything I say, then get it right please. I never once insinuated anything about anyone other than people who violate the ToS. You clearly took a reply that I made to Qute and of course if you read hers 1st and then mine your wouldn't have jumped to the conclusions that you did. I am on that 100 list too and I do not hide sims in order to gain anything. I redid my post just for you Simone so you can disreagard all the others except the last one. Oh, also I never once accused you of anything. I have no idea what your even talking about here. The bottom line of the whole damn thing was offering Qute help in starting a store.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what Simone. You need to get over yourself. No one tried to twist anything. Maybe if you would take the time to read, question , wait for a reply, then you would n't bring so much drama upon yourself. Leave me out of this crap!!!!!!! I've said all that I intend to and anyone can go back and read everything I wrote. There wasn't a single thing about you in it.

G

Herre they are:
<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the hide feature for other reasons.
I do however think its wrong for a property to be #1 based on how many sims they could hide.
Part of why I don't even bother to host a property is because of this. Its one thing to compete with stores fairly, its another to have to go out and buy 15 additional accounts just to compare.
But hey, the dev's know what they are doing. If I'm having less fun because I don't want to deal with all that and decide to quit then so be it, right?
I guess we'll see which comes first, lack of open properties because they just don't care or a new list.
I'm hoping for the new list.....................................

But then again there are a bunch out there who believe if you can't beat them join them.
Oh well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't let losers like that stop you from what you want to do in this game. I think everyone in town knows their a bunch of losers who cheat so chances are, they don't get much business I'm not going to let them ruin this game for me and you shouldn't either. You will find out in the long haul that you can make a go in whatever you decide to do and so can I. We just need to hold our heads up high and thank the Man upstairs that honesty was included in our upbringing. If you need any help getting started please send me a PM. I will help you out in any way I can!!! You watch, we will succeed and have fun doing it !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Herre they are:
<blockquote><hr>

I do however think its wrong for a property to be #1 based on how many sims they could hide.
Part of why I don't even bother to host a property is because of this. Its one thing to compete with stores fairly, its another to have to go out and buy 15 additional accounts just to compare.
But hey, the dev's know what they are doing. If I'm having less fun because I don't want to deal with all that and decide to quit then so be it, right?
I guess we'll see which comes first, lack of open properties because they just don't care or a new list.

But then again there are a bunch out there who believe if you can't beat them join them.
Oh well.

Don't let losers like that stop you from what you want to do in this game. I think everyone in town knows their a bunch of losers who cheat so chances are, they don't get much business I'm not going to let them ruin this game for me and you shouldn't either. You will find out in the long haul that you can make a go in whatever you decide to do and so can I. We just need to hold our heads up high and thank the Man upstairs that honesty was included in our upbringing. If you need any help getting started please send me a PM. I will help you out in any way I can!!! You watch, we will succeed and have fun doing it !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
pppplllleeeaaasseee

Edit to add: Obviously some people needed more clarification of my post, but instead of asking me they decided to start drama <font color="red"> as usual </font> .
At least the person responding to me, knew what I meant. Next time I'll spell things out better for everyone.

ABC...

G

Here is your answer:
<blockquote><hr>

Oh well.

Who are you calling cheating losers? Anyone with more than one paid account that hides sims on their lot?

Not sure about what she meant, but I agree with what she said so in my eyes:
Try those who hide 10-15 sims on their lot.
I have more than 1 account, 4 actually, but I'm not going to join the hidden afk club just to gain hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does it say anything about AFK or circumventing timeout, in the original
post?
<blockquote><hr>

Edit to add: Obviously some people needed more clarification of my post, but instead of asking me they decided to start drama as usual .

[/ QUOTE ] I did ask, I guess that started the drama? rhetorical
Only I asked Shirl, not you. Because she was the one that made the statement. She has since removed all her posts. She had made a mistake. She thought Qute was talking about free account abuse. I do not know why she erased all the posts, unless it was in an effort to make me look bad. I would say you did a good job, if that was your intention. However, there are some here that saw her posts before they were erased and know why I said what I said. I did not come here today to start anything with anyone either. It happens ppl make mistakes. I will admit when I am wrong. I am not wrong for saying anything I said in this thread.

I

imported_remflyer

I was also at the meeting in the Community Pub when the Dev's gave the go ahead for stores to be afk. They recognized the importance (especially at that time) of having stores open at all hours so avatars had a place to obtain the items they needed for their lots.

This was talked about at length. The TOS says something different but anyone at that meeting would have went away with the impression that it was alright for stores to be afk.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Here is your answer:
<blockquote><hr>

Oh well.

Who are you calling cheating losers? Anyone with more than one paid account that hides sims on their lot?

I have more than 1 account, 4 actually, but I'm not going to join the <font color="red"> hidden afk club </font> just to gain hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is my answer?

G

haha I like that pic.

and to carrie. I would hope that they would not rethink their "laid back stance" just b/c a bunch of people got their huggies in a bunch.

I would hope that they would look at what is the root of the problem. And work from there. The problem is not that ppl hide to stay green, its that people are so bored just sitting there doing nothing that they feel that they need to do other things while "playing" and hide so they don't have to come back and green. That they hide their other sims or friends sim, or baby momma sim there to get the hours up to stay competetive on the lists.

If they were presented with the challenge of actually having to be sales people to get ppl into their store to buy to make the money to be on the top of the list, we'd see a lot of buy one get one free... or.. .but 2 of this and get that for free.

I personally think it'd be very interesting.

And I personally do not think that hide and seek is the root of this evil.

lack of anything fun to do while sitting there and watching your fruit grow is the motivator to hide.

Also if they removed the visitor hours and ranking, then we wouldn't care so much if people hid. And then we could possibly get rid of the afk timeout thing.

I hate that thing.

G

I was there. I wish they would do away with it already. To put an end to all these posts.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

TTL
NOIP

So anway... I really didn't read much of this. But I did see a lot of posts focusing on ways to keep AFK'ers from using the hide feature to stay green and ... well AFK.

If i'm wrong correct me.
plz.

As far as the timer, far too complicated for such a silly thing. Stores are boring.

Store lots - Sales

Did not put any further thought into this. I don't know if there is anything on the wiki and so on.

I do believe that if I had to sit in my store lot all day and do nothing, I would be bored enough to want to use some workaround too.

And I assure you, that if it was based on sales, ppl would start acting like real sales people who were all about customer service and competitive pricing.

FFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry Jackiee. I think someone jumped the gun on my reply to Qute and twisted the crap out of it. What I was saying is she shouldn't give uo opening a store if that is what she really wants and that I would help her. At the time I posted, I didn't know that free accounts no longer counted for hours and I stated that the cheating losers that hide and over ride the timeout feature should be no concern to Qute and I. What ever Simone got out of that I have no idea except for one she didn't look to see that I was repling to Qute. Now as far as the hide feature, CBrewton and I had a very hard conversation about that today becasue I use that interaction to stay green at my store and she disagreed with that so that is basically what is happening here. I think its best to double check with some others too since I had a pain patch put on me about an hour ago hte is 8 times stronger than morphine so God only knows what I said. I do know what I meant to say but ive went back and reread all of them and I still think Simone jumped the gun on me. Sorry for the drama gf.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Here is your answer:
<blockquote><hr>

Oh well.

I have more than 1 account, 4 actually, but I'm not going to join the <font color="red"> hidden afk club </font> just to gain hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does it say anything about AFK or circumventing timeout?

All you other losers just like to pick on me.
Off to cry in the corner.

[/ QUOTE ]

No other comment necessary. Just see red.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TTL
NOIP

If i'm wrong correct me.
plz.

Store lots - Sales

FFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry Jackiee. I think someone jumped the gun on my reply to Qute and twisted the crap out of it. What I was saying is she shouldn't give uo opening a store if that is what she really wants and that I would help her. At the time I posted, I didn't know that free accounts no longer counted for hours and I stated that the cheating losers that hide and over ride the timeout feature should be no concern to Qute and I. What ever Simone got out of that I have no idea except for one she didn't look to see that I was repling to Qute. Now as far as the hide feature, CBrewton and I had a very hard conversation about that today becasue I use that interaction to stay green at my store and she disagreed with that so that is basically what is happening here. I think its best to double check with some others too since I had a pain patch put on me about an hour ago hte is 8 times stronger than morphine so God only knows what I said. I do know what I meant to say but ive went back and reread all of them and I still think Simone jumped the gun on me. Sorry for the drama gf.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL shirl when I said NOIP i meant it...

Aint no thang.

You are right. Qute should not give up opening a store. And if free accounts still counted my post would have been completely different.

Completely

And I would use that interaction to stay green... and build and do all sorts of stuff if I played that way. If its there use it. EA is aware of it. It is not an exploit/cheat if they know about it.

&lt;3.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

I was also at the meeting in the Community Pub when the Dev's gave the go ahead for stores to be afk. They recognized the importance (especially at that time) of having stores open at all hours so avatars had a place to obtain the items they needed for their lots.

This was talked about at length. The TOS says something different but anyone at that meeting would have went away with the impression that it was alright for stores to be afk.

[/ QUOTE ]

People want to skip over posts like this because they are argument enders. I wasn't there, but what you posted is what I heard also. People here seem to want to overlook this and argue just for the sake of arguing.

It's really quite simple, did a dev at the CP give the go ahead to run afk stores or not?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If it doesn't jive with what is in print, then until what is in print is changed that is what is binding, otherwise it's he said/she said. That WRITTEN TOS is what we all agreed to abide by. It's already been proven that what is 'said' in the Town Hall is subject to change at any point, and the CSRs who receive the reports against those who are AFK probably are not privy to what is said in the Town Hall verbally, they get copies of the Terms of Service and are hired to enforce it. If people wanna take a chance and go against that based on something that was 'said' that is non-binding, then that's fine as long as they don't cry on the rooftops when they get busted for violating the written ToS.

But we all know most of them would.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

People want to skip over posts like this because they are argument enders. I wasn't there, but what you posted is what I heard also. People here seem to want to overlook this and argue just for the sake of arguing.

It's really quite simple, did a dev at the CP give the go ahead to run afk stores or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent Luc an email asking for clarification on if its ok or not, hopefully I'll get a response. Because I wasn't there and it was never announced on the blog or elsewhere by the devs.

Regardless I don't play afk, whats the point? And if I have to in order to compete I might as well find something fun to do with my rl time.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If it doesn't jive with what is in print, then until what is in print is changed that is what is binding, otherwise it's he said/she said. That WRITTEN TOS is what we all agreed to abide by. It's already been proven that what is 'said' in the Town Hall is subject to change at any point, and the CSRs who receive the reports against those who are AFK probably are not privy to what is said in the Town Hall verbally, they get copies of the Terms of Service and are hired to enforce it. If people wanna take a chance and go against that based on something that was 'said' that is non-binding, then that's fine as long as they don't cry on the rooftops when they get busted for violating the written ToS.

But we all know most of them would.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to think the TOS are the bible. They're not, they are a club to be used when and if EA wants. Many things are against the TOS that aren't enforced - until and unless they feel like it.

If a dev says "we don't care" that's more important to me than what the TOS says. What are you going to do, force him to enforce rules he tells you to ignore?

G

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like clarification on where you think I twisted anything. Where have I deleted posts after making accusations. I try not to make accusations, that is why I asked for clarification. Shirl freaked out! Qute posted a cute lil pic and you all got a chuckle at my expense. Kudos to you. This is not the first time in the last day that you have replied to someone replying to me, agging them on.

G

I am evil, there is no excuse. I will undoubtedly ask for clarification on something else in the future. Shirl you did this to me last week, you made a mistake and deleted all your posts. I deleted all mine regarding the situation so you would not look so stupid. I did not know this was a habit of yours or I would have pointed it out then. Own up to what you say. If you are wrong admit it. What is the worst that will happen? LOL Who knows if Qute would not have stuck her nose in it (my question to you). Maybe things would not have gone so far and I would have deleted my posts too.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TTL
NOIP

If i'm wrong correct me.
plz.

Store lots - Sales

FFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL shirl when I said NOIP i meant it...

Aint no thang.

You are right. Qute should not give up opening a store. And if free accounts still counted my post would have been completely different.

Completely

And I would use that interaction to stay green... and build and do all sorts of stuff if I played that way. If its there use it. EA is aware of it. It is not an exploit/cheat if they know about it.

&lt;3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since your here...lol i'm going to go hide my avatar in my store while I go AFK so my other sims can makes some jams...I think I need a sign on my door that says "gone fishing" wait omg no... then i'll really be a bad person...lol thanks for the post my friend!

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I am evil, there is no excuse. I will undoubtedly ask for clarification on something else in the future. I really had no clue I was starting "drama". I will take my break from CH for a while. Have fun you bunch of vipers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its nice to see you can assume and I can't respond. I didn't post today to start an arguement with you or anyone else. I would be more than happy to clarify a post I make if asked.
No need for you to take a break from CH. Its done and over with.

P

Purdy

What I think they should do is make more catagories within the catagories they already have.

The store catagories should be broken down to specialty store catagories:
Clothing, kitchen and bath, furniture, garden, art, skilling, money, used, custom content only, etc. This would get rid of all the Walmart type stores.

Even the skilling and money lots should be broken up by what they skill and what money objects they have.

This would make it easier for shoppers and easier to find the skilling or money object you want to use. Also, the owners would be competing with similar lots and the competition would be more realistic. (It's harder for a mech skilling place to compete with a creative place cause more ppl skill creative.)

G

Change the sign to read "gone botting" and really start a storm....

Why be mild?

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Why be mild?

[/ QUOTE ]

Off topic.

Years ago I was bored one night, locked my doors, and changed my profile to something like "Currently botting, I can't respond right now."

People would chat me all outraged and threatening and I would respond with idiotic responses like "Automated response #23.... Hello random user! &lt;click&gt; &lt;click!&gt; &lt;Whirrrr!&gt;"

One of the most fun nights I ever had.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Why be mild?

[/ QUOTE ]

Off topic.

Years ago I was bored one night, locked my doors, and changed my profile to something like "Currently botting, I can't respond right now."

People would chat me all outraged and threatening and I would respond with idiotic responses like "Automated response #23.... Hello random user! &lt;click&gt; &lt;click!&gt; &lt;Whirrrr!&gt;"

One of the most fun nights I ever had.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol that does sound like fun...I wanna try! :p

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was many months ago and I don't have screen shots of the conversation but yes what I remember is a Dev telling the store owners they could go ahead and be afk and not get in trouble with them. Perhaps someone could tell you more. It really didn't effect me since I was not a store owner.

G

Actually, she believes everyone is a cheater. One of these days, she's going to get confused and reply to one of her own posts and accuse herself of being a cheater. &lt;further comment censored to comply with the RoC.&gt;

She also believes we're all perverts because we run around naked under our clothes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So while they may show active here and there, there is no way they are at their pc for 22 hours a day.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you know they are there 22 hours a day? Unless you are there watching them.
But if you can be there 22 hours without overriding the timeout, so can they.
I don't believe that's true - but you have no factual evidence to make such accusations.

F

forsure01

OK I have sat back and watched this topic and read the same things from the same people that posted to the topic AFK IN Stores on 3/23/08 that was 6 pages long and finally was locked.
So here is my opinion. Each of us is intitled to play our game anyway we want. Each of us is intitled to an opinion. However none of us has the right to select one group of people, group them all together and make a judgement of them. Here is my challange, and in order to have an informed opinion this is what I will do. I will go from store to store starting at the bottom of the list, I will wait 5 minutes in each store for someone to greet me or acknowlege me. I will make a list of how many stores I visited, how many responded within 5 minutes and how many did not. YOU can not make a blanket judgement of a group of people because you visited 5 or 10 stores. YOU can not make a judgement when you did it at 11PM at nite and only once. YOU can not make a judgement unless you truley take the time to visit all stores open at least every 4 hours, for a 24 hour period, and stay for at least 5 minutes in each store. Than and only than do you have the knowledge to make a statement of opinion. When that is done someone may listen to your opinion. I will report back with MINE.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Herre they are:
<blockquote><hr>

Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
pppplllleeeaaasseee

Edit to add: Obviously some people needed more clarification of my post, but instead of asking me they decided to start drama <font color="red"> as usual </font> .
At least the person responding to me, knew what I meant. Next time I'll spell things out better for everyone.

ABC...

[/ QUOTE ]
I see it exactly the same way Simone did - I don't see anything that distinguishes between players overiding the timeout and those that aren't. It just references "how many sims they could hide."