• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No more HIDE!

B

BLAZERofPPP

Please Devs, disable the Hide option in EA Land. It's gotten out of control all of the sims people have hiding in their lots to be #1 on the ranks.
I personally did a sweep today of the top 10 stores that were open. The #1 store in EA Land had 15 sims in it - 13 were hiding and 2 were roommates. That's 11 sims hiding just to bring up the rank. This is ridiculous. ANd it was the same for the other stores I checked. 11 Sims, 8 Sims, 5 Sims and most just hiding not 'actual' customers.
I pissed off the #1 store when I went around 'seek'ing all the hiding sims. I found a couple before the owner booted me. LOL
This is ridiculous!
What good is a ranking system if it isn't being used for what it's meant for. It should be based on transactions not bodies. Wal-Mart isn't number one in RL because they have 100 customers hiding under tables and plants!
Let's fix these little things that matter most!
Solve this problem easily by eliminating HIDE.
No one ever plays hide and seek anyway. Just get rid of it.

ANd until then I call on all honest sims, to avoid shopping at the stores on the top of the list and use your alternate sims to go in and SEEK all the hiding sims. Let's rebel against these cheaters!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wal-Mart isn't number one in RL because they have 100 customers hiding under tables and plants!

[/ QUOTE ]

omg...

could you imagine

O.O

-runs off to hide under a plate-

G

lol, I work at Wal Mart. I'll go seeking everyone when I go to work tomorrow night

G

Remove the hide feature, and people will simply go back to what they used to do, which was leaving their sims out to die, or trapping them in beds.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Remove the hide feature, and people will simply go back to what they used to do, which was leaving their sims out to die, or trapping them in beds.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least that's more fun. You can lure them off to strange places and take screenshots.

I

imported_Imasim

I agree that it is annoying to go to a store and find everyone hiding, but if you are the only one on the lot and trying to run a store, hiding is the only way to save your green between customers. It is also very useful when trying to build in build mode when you can't see your motives. I don't agree with getting rid of hide, but maybe the time limit would be helpful, or only allow it on store lots when only one person is there.

G

Running a store is boring, so I can totally understand those who hide. I mean why bother having to green your sim when you can't even paint a picture while being there bored. Most guests don't bother returning greetings, so I think most of us in a store have stopped bothering to greet, I know I don't bother unless the guest says something first. I am very seldom afk, and then only for short amounts of time, and I answer questions or IM's.

The hidden multitudes you are speaking of are the problem, not the hidden people who actually live there. The only way that will be fixed is if the way the list works is changed and many of us have been lobbying for just that.

List all open lots, randomly. And for those of you who cry "but what of the competition to climb the list" how can anyone honestly consider themselves to have competed fairly, just because they can stuff the most sims under the furniture?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

At least that's more fun. You can lure them off to strange places and take screenshots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup and made reporting them a whole lot easier since they stuck out like a sore thumb and "I was only AFK for the 5 minutes you just happened to be on my lot" a much less plausible defense.

R

Roger Wilco

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the dev's had gone on record as having no problem with afk stores? Yes? No?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the dev's had gone on record as having no problem with afk stores? Yes? No?

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg went on record stating that one day in the future store owners will have a method to run their store *remotely* so that they will no longer HAVE to be home in order to run it.....it would be able to be open while the owners/roomies were out skilling, on job lots, making money, or doing other things. Some people have interpreted this to mean that they now at this point and time condone circumventing the timeout feature until that future feature is implemented. There is no direct evidence to support that, only supposition so until circumvention of the timeout feature is officially no longer against the ToS, others of us will fight the advocation of its use in stores tooth and nail. When it is officially removed, then fine those of us that still don't like it will just have to lump it, but while it is still a reportable offense people will still continue to report for it and hopefully get some of these blatant cheaters eradicated. Several of them have been, which that alone tells me that it is still against the rules. If it wasn't those people could be reported a million times to no avail.

I

imported_Mavric

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I miss those days, and I wish they'd go back to them.
I used to lure them all over the place. Revive their dead, go back after a hour or so revive them again, it was fun.
Wonder if you can lure a ghost, hmmmm, never tried.

Mavric

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I miss those days, and I wish they'd go back to them.
I used to lure them all over the place. Revive their dead, go back after a hour or so revive them again, it was fun.
Wonder if you can lure a ghost, hmmmm, never tried.

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]

Revive is accept/deny isn't it? How were you able to revive them when they weren't there?

I

imported_Mavric

<blockquote><hr>

Revive is accept/deny isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, you can click on any dead and revive as long as there's enough room for the dance.

P

PoindeJ

I thought they already fixed this problem? At least in TC3, where free accounts no longer count towards visitor hours.

If it's through paid accounts...well if someone wants to pay $110 a month to get their store to number one, I guess that's their choice.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Some people have interpreted this to mean that they now at this point and time condone circumventing the timeout feature until that future feature is implemented. There is no direct evidence to support that, only supposition so until circumvention of the timeout feature is officially no longer against the ToS, others of us will fight the advocation of its use in stores tooth and nail. When it is officially removed, then fine those of us that still don't like it will just have to lump it, but while it is still a reportable offense people will still continue to report for it and hopefully get some of these blatant cheaters eradicated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. My wife and I had both been told (more than once) on separate occasions to leave our stores open as long as we like and if we ever had any problems to let the dev know and he would take care of it. There's your "direct evidence". I would rather see people with one paid account and multiple free accounts eradicated.

<blockquote><hr>

Several of them have been, which that alone tells me that it is still against the rules. If it wasn't those people could be reported a million times to no avail.

[/ QUOTE ]

So now you have inside information on actions taken against other peoples accounts? Amazing. People are only doing what the dev's already said was OK.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Some people have interpreted this to mean that they now at this point and time condone circumventing the timeout feature until that future feature is implemented. There is no direct evidence to support that, only supposition so until circumvention of the timeout feature is officially no longer against the ToS, others of us will fight the advocation of its use in stores tooth and nail. When it is officially removed, then fine those of us that still don't like it will just have to lump it, but while it is still a reportable offense people will still continue to report for it and hopefully get some of these blatant cheaters eradicated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. My wife and I had both been told (more than once) on separate occasions to leave our stores open as long as we like and if we ever had any problems to let the dev know and he would take care of it. There's your "direct evidence". I would rather see people with one paid account and multiple free accounts eradicated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? A dev told you flat out it is OK to override the time out feature? Where were you told this? In game/wiki/stratics? Which Dev was it?

In regards to the OP:
You made me lol, I also had to picture people hiding all over Wal-Mart. I loved hiding in clothes racks when I was little. My mom wasn't too fond of me doing it though.

Why don't stores have soft motives? I know they are working on something to remotely open stores but changing the motives could be something to help out store owners now.

edit to fix quotes

I

imported_aldldl

<blockquote><hr>

Running a store is boring, so I can totally understand those who hide. I mean why bother having to green your sim when you can't even paint a picture while being there bored. Most guests don't bother returning greetings, so I think most of us in a store have stopped bothering to greet, I know I don't bother unless the guest says something first. I am very seldom afk, and then only for short amounts of time, and I answer questions or IM's.

[/ QUOTE ]

As i have lots of ... "sim money" if I am not greeted at a store I will usually say hello if they have really good stuff I may want; if they don't answer right off, I wont spend anything in that store...

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

Yup and made reporting them a whole lot easier since they stuck out like a sore thumb and "I was only AFK for the 5 minutes you just happened to be on my lot" a much less plausible defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

EA does not have, and never has had, an issue with people who have multiple accounts in their house. All that matters is that those characters can all respond when spoken to, which they will if you have your systems and monitors in the same area.

Most players may not like it, but as long as the person is actually *at* the keyboard (or close by), to respond when they are spoken to, they will not get in any form of trouble.

The players could be dead, dying, flailing about, and it doesn't matter so long as they can answer. All you would be guilty of is sim abuse, *maybe* multi-clienting, but if your running on other systems even that's not an issue.

Sowwie.

G

Strange, Danny Dots and my posts were erased from this thread. There was nothing offensive in them, perhaps some error? Oh well nvm..

G

I agree, before they were told by a dev. Yes it happened, I was there. Some were skilling on their lots and the posts were about skilling chess in stores. Now that the one person is now hiding rather than playing chess the posts are about ppl hiding in them. The devs do not care! They were told go ahead. I thought it was a challenge to begin with. Like go ahead and do it, see what happens. All the stores started hiding (I know a lot did before anyway) and nothing was done. That is why I think timeout needs to be done away with, the sooner the better. Because there are some ppl that are still under the impresion that it matters.

ETA: Not sure who said something about us still being able to report hiding sims. Do you know ppl that have been suspended for over riding timout since EA Land has been open, no names plz?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Really? A dev told you flat out it is OK to override the time out feature? Where were you told this? In game/wiki/stratics? Which Dev was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he did, not in those exact words but he did say afk was a-ok. We had more than one conversation about the subject and always got the same answer. Sorry for not taking screenies, I didn't see any reason to as I've never had a reason to lie on these boards. This was all in game, and I wont name the dev. He posts here though, and if he's reading this and would like to tell you I'm lying, he's certainly free to do so.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I agree with Simone, I think the time-out feature should be done away with. Everyone knows they can be bypassed, so it serves no point other than to annoy the newer players who have yet to find out!

It was a very good idea at the start, but the world has changed and continues to, so I think this would be the perfect time to make a change like this.

If you would like something to balance it out, why not implement a system that makes so that if you do die (no timer to time you out) you could lose 1 skill point?

Good? Bad?

P

PoindeJ

<blockquote><hr>

If you would like something to balance it out, why not implement a system that makes so that if you do die (no timer to time you out) you could lose 1 skill point?

[/ QUOTE ]
That would make working in the Robot Factory a huge pain.

G

<blockquote><hr>

List all open lots, randomly. And for those of you who cry "but what of the competition to climb the list" how can anyone honestly consider themselves to have competed fairly, just because they can stuff the most sims under the furniture?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that idea. However. PointJ has a good point, too.

<blockquote><hr>

I thought they already fixed this problem? At least in TC3, where free accounts no longer count towards visitor hours.

If it's through paid accounts...well if someone wants to pay $110 a month to get their store to number one, I guess that's their choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

With everyone canceling accounts. I bet that EA would be happy to have 11 paying accounts hiding in the house.

While reading these threads, I have an avatar hosting and hiding in a store. I have had 12 visitors. Eight were from other stores. I greeted everyone. Two of 12 answered. Of the responding visitors, one lived in a services house. One lived in a money house and wanted the cheapest dog food bowl for her dog. She had $500. My price for the dog food dish was $1,744 with my 41% discount off the retail of $2908. I would have sold at my cost. I referred her to a pet store.

G

I think it would be awesome if there could be no "Hide" option only on store lots. I don't know if this would be at all possible or not, but hey it's a thought. =)

24 Jolly's

I agree that something should be done with hiding but I think it should be limiting the number of sims allowed to hide on one property. I use the hide feature overnight to get my trees ripe so I would be opposed to it being taken away all together. Additionally a good game of hide and seek once in a while can be fun. <font color="green"> </font>

G

Losing skills is always bad! Let the rest of us play with the ghosts. Put the timeout on the hide feature instead of the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The players could be dead, dying, flailing about, and it doesn't matter so long as they can answer. All you would be guilty of is sim abuse, *maybe* multi-clienting, but if your running on other systems even that's not an issue.

Sowwie.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're there to answer when you're IMed then you're not extended afking and/or circumventing timeout, and 'multi-clienting' hasn't been against the rules for a really long time, so in that particular instance you're correct. The sims we're talking about that are dead are *not* there to respond, and once 15 minutes has passed it becomes apparent that they *are* circumventing timeout, especially since getting the CSR message freezes your screen so you can't ignore the message to even click "I'm back" and that is against the rules, even when running only 1 avatar. Do we have to explain this each and every time the subject is brought up. Nobody cares if you have 35 sims in your property and they are all yours, as long as you are not extended-afking and/or circuvmenting the timeout feature....circumvention is the fly in the ointnment, NOT multi-clienting as you put it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, it'd be nice to know this information...had to be in-game if it was said because I've never seen that said 'flat out' here or on the blog or on the Wiki. I've seen something said here that made people presume that, as I said, but never has it been said 'flat out' here that circumvention of the timeout feature is OK specifically for stores. If they're gonna make it OK for stores then they better make it OK across the board because if stores who are profitting other sims can get away with this form of cheating then there's no reason anybody else who is going in the hole daily to meet the needs of other sims shouldn't be able to get by with it to and then it can REALLY not be cheating once and for all. Till that happens, it's still cheating, plain and simple. When an official post announcing an across the board policy change in the ToS is announced, I and others will be forced to change our stance. Till then, a spade is a spade.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ETA: Not sure who said something about us still being able to report hiding sims. Do you know ppl that have been suspended for over riding timout since EA Land has been open, no names plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Since the RoC prevents usage of names its impossible to prove it anyway, I know, but in answer to your question, yes.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Please Devs, disable the Hide option in EA Land. It's gotten out of control all of the sims people have hiding in their lots to be #1 on the ranks.
I personally did a sweep today of the top 10 stores that were open. The #1 store in EA Land had 15 sims in it - 13 were hiding and 2 were roommates. That's 11 sims hiding just to bring up the rank. This is ridiculous. ANd it was the same for the other stores I checked. 11 Sims, 8 Sims, 5 Sims and most just hiding not 'actual' customers.
I pissed off the #1 store when I went around 'seek'ing all the hiding sims. I found a couple before the owner booted me. LOL
This is ridiculous!
What good is a ranking system if it isn't being used for what it's meant for. It should be based on transactions not bodies. Wal-Mart isn't number one in RL because they have 100 customers hiding under tables and plants!

ANd until then I call on all honest sims, to avoid shopping at the stores on the top of the list and use your alternate sims to go in and SEEK all the hiding sims. Let's rebel against these cheaters!

[/ QUOTE ]

Back about a month or 2 ago I went to a few of these house late at night or I believe it was wee hours of the morning to play hide and seek lol. I found 3 sims the 1st night and the second house actually had a person there hiding but was wasn't AFK and I managed to pull 2 out before he booted me...LOL I did the same thing the next night but I think they were waiting for me cause I got the boot as soon as i headed towards the house. I hate to admit it, but it was fun indeed. I would really hate to lose the hide feature because many times i'm alone and its nice to hide and not have to worry about losing my green. It doesnt seem entirely fair to the honest people who use it for the same purpose as me, but i'm almost getting use to having to sacrifice features because of those cheating losers !!!

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Since the RoC prevents usage of names its impossible to prove it anyway, I know, but in answer to your question, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to start an arguement,...just need some direction here. I have read the RoC a few times, and may be missing it. But, I cant find anything about names. You can't talk about actions taken against a sim, cant state RL addresses or Phone numbers, but I cannot find anything written regarding stating the name of an avatar. With the exception of when it refers to derogatory/disciplinary actions. Is this an "unwritten" understanding respected among the community? or am I missing it?

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

*random reply*

NOOOO I like hiding when I'm green for pizza! I hated topping off.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

*random reply*

NOOOO I like hiding when I'm green for pizza! I hated topping off.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly. It really is a useful feature when you use it in an honest way. I just wish instead of taking some things completely out of the game, that they would discipline the idiots who use it to cheat. I forgot to mention, now that I went and pulled some of those avatars out of hiding, being booted or not, I would never again step foot on that property again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to start an arguement,...just need some direction here. I have read the RoC a few times, and may be missing it. But, I cant find anything about names. You can't talk about actions taken against a sim, cant state RL addresses or Phone numbers, but I cannot find anything written regarding stating the name of an avatar. With the exception of when it refers to derogatory/disciplinary actions. Is this an "unwritten" understanding respected among the community? or am I missing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rules C and I of the ROC would apply:

C. Personal attacks are prohibited. This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

This includes accusing anyone of cheating, using exploits, or scamming. Stratics does not have the ability to follow up on these claims to verify their validity, therefore they are not allowed.

I. Bans, warnings, and post removals are not to be discussed on the forums. Any inquiries or comments on moderator actions are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.

This includes discussions about suspensions or warnings sent to you for in game conduct as well.

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss/get further information.

Polly

V

vapd3317

TYVM Polly. Those were the only two things I could find. As I stated, derogatory/disciplinary. Didn't want to be out of line if I stated that a certain sim name in a complimentary manner because of some rule prohibiting the use of names.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This is ridiculous!

[/ QUOTE ]

Back about a month or 2 ago I went to a few of these house late at night or I believe it was wee hours of the morning to play hide and seek lol. I found 3 sims the 1st night and the second house actually had a person there hiding but was wasn't AFK and I managed to pull 2 out before he booted me...LOL I did the same thing the next night but I think they were waiting for me cause I got the boot as soon as i headed towards the house. I hate to admit it, but it was fun indeed. I would really hate to lose the hide feature because many times i'm alone and its nice to hide and not have to worry about losing my green. It doesnt seem entirely fair to the honest people who use it for the same purpose as me, but i'm almost getting use to having to sacrifice features because of those cheating losers !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically speaking, using the feature for any other purpose than playing a game of hide and seek is misuse or exploitation of it, but I do agree with you, that is handy. Instead of hiding when putting a group object team together now, I use Idle ---&gt; AFK next to the machine I want to play at, and my needs stay shamrock green. Not only does it not misuse any feature but it also tells the team where to meet whereas with hiding your chat bubble does not show up where you are hiding for anybody else, so unless the house owner has different color tiles below each machine (which is not common anymore with building costs like they are unlike the production cities), it gets difficult to tell machines apart if there's 3-5 of the same machine on the lot, which is not common with code or maze, but very common with pizza.

Just an alternative for anybody not wanting to be guilty of an activity that they don't find acceptable for any reason, even if benign compared to other misuses

G

idk LOL I wanted to know if anyone was suspended and it really wasn't mine or anyone elses business who. To tell the truth I really don't know what the rules are til I break them. Guess I haven't broken that one, yet.

I see Polly answered your question. LOL I hope I didn't say anything wrong.

R

Rosebush3333

I stand against the removal of the 'Hide' feature.
I have used it during building and doing roof art, it was very valuable then, at this point I can no longer afford to spend much time doing either of those but I do hope to again in the future.
I use it all the time after greening to be ready for work at the factory.
The ability to hide your greened sim is very useful before a contest, while everyone gets ready.
I do not care if store owners hide, it's their store, it's their $10 a month, who am I to presume to tell them how to play. I do not see the problem with hiding whatsoever. I am not against afk stores either, if noone is there to help me at a particular shop then I am free to go elsewhere. Finding someone who will help is not that hard.

It would be too bad to see the 'hide' feature go because of a few pouty simmers who somehow feel wronged by this. Many of us use it for legitimate reasons.

G

if I'm shopping, i don't really care most of the time if people talk to me or not. I just pop in, if I see something I like cool, if not I leave.

S

Sinfully Sweet

I really dont understand people in this chat room sometimes not all of them but more than one. Ok so you hate it when store owners have more then one sim on their lot hiding Ok I can deal with that thats your opinion as I have mine but what I cant understand is if you hate people being afk so much or having their sims hiding to make it on the top 100 why are you just going after the stores HELLO Ive been playing this game for 5 years and trust me its not just stores going afk and hiding their sims to make it on the list its every single category I understand its mostly stores that do it because its hard to keep it on the top 100 usually if say you are a skill house and u have 3 acc so u hide your sims in your house for a couple of days to get to the top 100 then after that people do the rest .. Afk skill houses don't seem to get people so worked up i cant say that i ever saw someone lure afk skillers before Oh did I tell you i cant stand those people that Lure at stores ... So i was thinking why is that why are these people only after the stores than it hits me they r jealous why I don't know could be a lot of things ...I always say to my son after someone is being mean to him that they do this because deep down they r jealous of him because if they were content with them selfs the name calling and bickering would never take place in the first place

H

hollythor

I'll join that mission in a heart beat. Lets see, what is that thing called? OH yeah, Customer service. We aren't ranking number one because of our hide and seek skills now are we? hehehe I do not shop that number one store, will not, refuse not. When they are there actually, they are quite rude. Now expecting tips for their services...the owner flat out said so in chat, "Thanks to what the devs did to us, (removing their dirty money), I will be expecting a tip for my services." Well good Lord, a tip? Its a store, if a store owner serenades me while I shop , asks if I am hungry, acknowledges my existence...then and ONLY then, will I tip that store.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I agree that it is annoying to go to a store and find everyone hiding, but if you are the only one on the lot and trying to run a store, hiding is the only way to save your green between customers. It is also very useful when trying to build in build mode when you can't see your motives. I don't agree with getting rid of hide, but maybe the time limit would be helpful, or only allow it on store lots when only one person is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...I have a temporary store to sell some stuff I can't use and don't want. I'm the only one living there, so hiding is my only option besides dying. I come out when I have a customer.

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they did say they had no problem with afk store owners. The hide feature keeps stores open past the time most goto bed. Makes it easier to build a property up if you are a late night owl. if a store is open for you. And so what if their store hits the number 1 spot for hours.... doesnt mean they get any money for it. propeprty bonuses no longer exists. and if you want you can spend your time seeking out the hiding sims

G

Sorry, but when I need to go to work and I have to wait ten minutes before my shift, I like to hide. Hiding is very helpful to many of us working avatars, it's a horrible idea to get rid of what took years to get, the ability to hide and save green.

G

Not only is this *not* going to stop anything, but it's going to piss off the people who don't want to lose the green they worked up while waiting for their car for work to arrive.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is ridiculous!

[/ QUOTE ]

heres something ive never understood why is it that you and alot of other ppl seem to think you have the right to tell ppl how to play the game

if someone has 15 accounts or ppl that camp out at the lot why is it your concern

if you dont wanna go there then dont but why is it up to you to tell ppl how to play the game or why is it up to you to try to get the rules changed to suit your ideal game play

either go there or dont but leave em alone let them do as they wish as long as its within the rules as they stand

I

imported_MARCIN2006

What will I do when I build?

Oh No!!!

Ill have to green like the old times! It will take me hours more again!!!!!

*Hides under bed from fear*