• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No longer using the SA client.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had ENOUGH of the bloody bugs, And this latest one makes the whole client stupidly unplayable.

The map is now disappearing under feet, I can't even walk on the black bits. It is the worst bug ever.

Until this is fixed I won't be using the client again.

F

Fink

The bitter irony in your name, Mapper.. :(

That's a horrid bug and the loss of another EC user is insufferable, especially one so highly placed in the community. We really need at least some sort of dev assurance that the EC is still being supported and worked on. This silence is deafening. I would really like a huge EC patch to come along out of nowhere and wipe away a slew of game-breaking bugs, but there's nothing to indicate this will happen.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had ENOUGH of the bloody bugs, And this latest one makes the whole client stupidly unplayable.

The map is now disappearing under feet, I can't even walk on the black bits. It is the worst bug ever.

Until this is fixed I won't be using the client again.
Cool and all are loughing about me posting this 2 weeks before ;)

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one still baffles me -- both in that people think it is new (it isn't, reading back over both KR and EC bug threads), and that I haven't experienced it once with the Enhanced Client -- yet I play daily, and in fact have been marking runes for a rune library for the past month, nothing but recalling around and replicating the reported cirumstances.

So why are some people seeing it and others not?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one still baffles me -- both in that people think it is new (it isn't, reading back over both KR and EC bug threads), and that I haven't experienced it once with the Enhanced Client -- yet I play daily, and in fact have been marking runes for a rune library for the past month, nothing but recalling around and replicating the reported cirumstances.

So why are some people seeing it and others not?
More people are seeing it since the most recent patch, and those who had experienced it are seeing it a little more.

I think it has to do with video card performance and system load... but that's just a guess. I haven't noticed any patterns with it yet to figure out what might contribute to the problem (I've seen it maybe twice since the latest patch where it didn't go away on it's own - never had it not take care of itself with the EC before that; was always just an occasional slow load on the edges of my screen, and only when zoomed all the way out).

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was my hunch too -- the last time I saw anything like that, it was in Titan Quest, years ago. My husband said it was a texture memory problem, as in, my video card memory wasn't handling the huge influxes of textures every time I'd teleport, so I'd get black/blank textures. Well that was no surprise to me, as that video card was old and I'd really beaten the crap out of it, and it died a few weeks later.

But generally the subset of people who use EC have good to decent to bleeding-edge PCs -- we're technophiles! It surely can't be that you're ALL trying to make crap video cards stretch a few months longer, it just can't be. I have two nvidia 9800 GTs in SLI config (1gb video memory), which IS nice, but it's still only middle-of-the-road good for 2009. And this is an eyesore 2D game from 1997 for crying out loud. There's no excuse for it to be flaking on even crap video cards. You should not need what I have to play this client.

Grump grump grump. I feel for you guys.

Edit -- just in case anyone is mining this for data, I had a single 8800 GT (1gb memory) before this past week, and never had the problem then either. I DID see it in KR, however.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I still run a GeForce 7950 GT and haven't had the texture problem (a little slow loading on the outskirts when zoomed out, but it would load).

Still it's an issue that shouldn't be happening and given the strategy used by the dev team to "improve performance", it usually means yet another downgrade in quality... which means the last bit of updated artwork might be in danger... which of course sucks a fat one.

Still quite a few bugs that have cropped up with EC that KR never had or had them at a FAR LESS frequency... progress?

O

Orlacc

That happened to me today in Terathon Dungeon. Ouch. Was a texture caching issue. Had to quit and restart. Dead.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its clearly something they have changed to make it worse then. I haven't changed my computer at all and it's only started happening to me since the last patch.

And graphics wise, I just spend 80 quid 2 months ago on a Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT to play the EC client, I won't be buying anything else because at the time, what I bought was rather high in the range.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking further into it, It appears they have capped the amount of memory the client can use. (To fix the memory leak?) - Which is useless for me as I have far more memory to offer than they seem to have capped.

Because the memory is capped, after an hour of playing thats when the maps can no longer load.

So simple solution, Let us choose where to cap our memory please.

F

Fink

Still not seeing this personally, but I've never doubted it happening. I have a slew of other client issues, so I consider myself blessed for small mercies.

Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT.. not sure if this is relevant or helpful.

R

Radix

I suppose devs must be doing something with all these growing list of bugs, and sure they knows most of them dont mind very much to most of us, but the graphical and the un-playable ones are making our game experience angry, frustrating and hardly playable, they read some of our post, they fixed the unusable runes in a record-time (only 1 day fail?)

knowing this, why the hell dont they FOCUS on real (and painful) issues?
(black screen, mirrors, stripper mode, dont be where you think to be...)

Or, if devs are alredy into it, for god's sake say something!!

regards!!

Y

Yen Sid

I have been getting the Black sections and crashing several times a night sine some of the recent patches. I run a Core i7 OC'd to 4.2GHz, 6GB DDR3 1600 RAM OC'd to ~1850, EVGA GTX 280, all on the $420 EVGA x58 SLIx3 Classified Motherboard. So I should have ZERO problems but here I am fighting Greater Dragons, then crash. At least I can tell when its going to do it most of the time. Mobs start flashing a white square instead of the real artwork and then flashes back and forth a few times then crash. Gives me enough time to invis most of the time. And the black is terrible. Trying to do the Halloween quest is very hard when having to avoid the black patches. We really need some Dev. confirmation that something is being done about this. I refuse to go back to 2D and will probably close my account if this isn't fixed at some point soon.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I refuse to go back to 2D and will probably close my account if this isn't fixed at some point soon.
I feel the same way and really just want a dev to say 'We know about it, we are fixing it' Even if it takes a month, I don't mind, Just say your going to fix it.

F

Fink

I've changed my sig text from the pipe-dream "KR art option please" to humbly requesting a status update on EC. Hopefully one of my many posts will get picked up on by a dev.