• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No Hawkwind Robe for Gargs?

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I haven't seen any garg Hawkwind Robe's around so I hopped onto test shard to see if it was alterable. I found out that it's NOT. I then decided to double check the eodon artifact bag from the "give arties" command to see if there was a gargolye version. It gives two of the exact same hawkwind robes which are only wearable by humans and elves. Was this intended? Hoping it was just a derp and that there are plans to fix or make a garg version for the robe... Would love a confirmation on this @Kyronix since it seems pretty strange for the Eodon Artifact bag to give two of the exact same artifact and have one of them in the gargolye section of the bag (in EC mode anyway).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've brought this up before pretty much NONE of the new Eodon stuff is for Gargoyles. The Tiger Suit, the new Turtle armor.... none of it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, no gargish version of it yet....

Maybe they forgot to add it to the artie list, because on TC1 you get two hawkwind robes in the artifact bag both being the human/elf version.

come to think of it, I haven't gotten any gargish items from shadowguard yet, wonder if you need to be a gargoyle to get gargoyle drops? that would explain why I don't have any gargish arties yet...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, no robe for the Gargoyle's. They get "forgotten" a lot, i have been trying for about 7 years to get a way for Gargs to have the +5 mining bonus. took a few years for them to let us use dartboards, and if we are doing the hags quest and get the one with Captain Blackhearts Whiskey, you have to quit the quest and try again due to being unable to wear a tricorn hat. Minor things I know, but it would be nice to have these things figured out and fixed before stuff goes live, or at least fixed soon afterwards.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, no gargish version of it yet....

Maybe they forgot to add it to the artie list, because on TC1 you get two hawkwind robes in the artifact bag both being the human/elf version.

come to think of it, I haven't gotten any gargish items from shadowguard yet, wonder if you need to be a gargoyle to get gargoyle drops? that would explain why I don't have any gargish arties yet...
Neither has my Gargoyle.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I say it's a conspiracy... The DEVs have some sort of anti-Gargoyle plot. I suppose they can use the Talismans and Runebooks but outside that they are just SoL.

As for the Mining bonus I've considered that as well... Along with the inability to use any "Arcane" items save the robe.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I say it's a conspiracy... The DEVs have some sort of anti-Gargoyle plot. I suppose they can use the Talismans and Runebooks but outside that they are just SoL.

As for the Mining bonus I've considered that as well... Along with the inability to use any "Arcane" items save the robe.
there are some Talons in the Eodon set, but still . . . :tinhat:

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I converted one of the cloaks to wing armor with my tailor. Forget the name of it but it had the 5 sdi and poison eater and some other mods I don't remember.

superfrog

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rangers cloak of augmentation and the other one was like Shadow cloak of rejuvenation, or close to it

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Racism in UO.

Time for a Gargish civil rights movement throughout Sosaria.

Tired of being looked down upon by humans & elves (And Devs) based upon the style of my horns, the flap of my wings, and the tint of my skin.