• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] No Bones About It

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Filling deeds with bones frustrate me. I haven't found a way to farm them easily. There's that one mage shop in the gargoyle village but he only sells like 20 at a time, and I don't want to camp all day.

If you wanted to farm 1000 bones quickly, where would you go?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sad to say but if you want a lot of them in one day esp for tailoring running up the NPCs is going to be the fastest way to get a lot of bones.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It takes about 4 or 5 hours to get the NPCs to selling 999 - regardless of the number of people working together on it. If you don't have 5 hours to play, like I don't on most week nights, that is a problem.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you get the numbers up you can keep purchasing huge amounts. You don't need to be in game you just need to log in every 20 or 30 minutes

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
How long until it resets? I wonder if I could set a timer to go back every 20 minutes to buy bones.

PaulCH

Journeyman
Thanks...didn't know that there was an NPC that sold bone. Learn something new every day on Stratics. Until now, I've been killing giants serps in Destard or ant lions (they also have ore as a bonus so I hunt them with my miner). Downside is the multi step process...have to loot, kill and then cut. After a while, it gets tedious. Think that i'd much prefer to lumberjack, mine or hunt and then go back to the shop every 15-30 minutes to farm the bone.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long until it resets? I wonder if I could set a timer to go back every 20 minutes to buy bones.
It's been a while since I have farmed bones but I got 10,000 bones and haven't gone through them so far. It is somewhere around there between 20 to 30 minutes and you can set a timer and go back but I found that the actual time varies a bit according to factors I am not aware of

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
PaulCH has the pretty same routine I have when I need bones:

1. Farm Giant Serpents on Valor Island or the area to the left just off Tram Destard.
  2. Farm the ant lion (up to 3 bone types to cut up, plus DC-bronze ore)
  3. Find a place with a fairly constant zombie spawn.
  4. Fishing up SOS chests (I've gotten 50-100 bones after cutting from one SOS before the chest came up, before). In this case, since non-fishers seem to take longer than fishers to bring it up, that can actually be a strategy. Plus, there's the chest contents to unravel, and the occasional strongbox (crafting ingredients), wedding dress to cut up for that cloth, etc.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to take a pair of scissors to the Oaks spawn in Ilsh, killing only the shadow wisps, usually got a fair number in not too long a time. Not done bods for a while though - just gotten started again.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I usually only get 30 minutes at a time to play. But that was sufficient for getting 120 bones from the mystics. 2 mystics x20 bones each, the respawn at 40 bones each. I filled other BODs in between.

Not much, but it's something.

Sent from mTalk

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to take a pair of scissors to the Oaks spawn in Ilsh, killing only the shadow wisps, usually got a fair number in not too long a time. Not done bods for a while though - just gotten started again.
just to check my admittedly suspect memory, I did a quick trip to Ilsh, 10 minutes timed, then cut up what I'd got - total 181 bones.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
just to check my admittedly suspect memory, I did a quick trip to Ilsh, 10 minutes timed, then cut up what I'd got - total 181 bones.
Remember, as long as you have scissors in your pack, you can gut up the collected parts in a salvage bag with one click.

So, it's fairly easy to cut as you go without leaving the farming spot, then use a bag of sending to send them to the bank.