• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Niter Really?

F

Faux Pas

What is the secret of mining niter? My Gargoyle miner the problem? He has 1078 luck, 100 mining skill, mines from boat, finds no niter. Please give me some help.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
do you have the high seas expansion? not positive but think you have to have it?

I mine in caves for mine like haven and have not tried the boat mining

F

Faux Pas

Yeas Storm I have the expansion, you say I can find it in caves also? I hope so cause boat mining is a pain. Finally found some just now. Thxs for the reply. Can you tell me what to do with it after mining it. Make gunpowder?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Saltpeter can be mined from niter deposits in dungeons or from boats. Only miners with high luck can find these deposits which can occur in 5 different sizes. Once found the miner must mine the deposit until it is consumed. The niter will decay if not mined when found.

F

Faux Pas

Ahh dungeons, not just any old cave, correct? Thxs again for your help!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have not tested this but my belief is if its a cave that you walk in and out of without moving to the dungeon server then it wont work !
like there are some caves that you dont refresh the screen for ! hope that makes sense