Ninjitsu without tactics?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

I've been looking through posts trying to come up with a good thief template. I know that many (or would that be most?) include Ninjitsu, but without tactics would it be effective beyond animal forms, shadow jump, and mirror image? With just fencing, would you have a chance at offense, though I understand it would have to be some kind of ambush. Would any scenario always involve poisoning your prey?

I can see that a thief template is a pretty tight fit ... how many of you use tracking and/or detect hidden?

V

vanecrox

Sounds like you're looking to be more of an assassin.

I would go with Detect Hidden. Far too many players use Hiding to keep it off your template. It works great for stealing at the bank but detecting a hidden target in the wild will usually arise their suspicion.

Tracking is a toss up. My advice would be to keep it off your template (if you don't already have it) and see if you find yourself needing it.

I

imported_Mr. Sly

no tacitcs if u get poisoning and a nice assassin spike LP DS will take down most anyone or atleast make them leaving you alone till u make the grab ... :>

I

imported_Chad Sexington

Depends.

I've caught people with 40 pt and 60 pt Death Strikes before. It's always funnier when they run.

Detect Hidden is good too.