• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ninja Templates

L

lysarius

Given the recent changes to ninjitsu and other skills I thought it would be interesting to see some updated ninja template ideas. I consider ninjitsu, hiding, and stealth required for a "ninja" template. Here are a few templates to start things off.

Melee Ninja (Pound away with weapon specials, poison with darts/stars, deathstrike, holy light spam?, smoke bomb if it goes badly) Note: You will probably want some mana regen on your armor.
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
100 stealth (maybe drop to 80? maybe raise to 120 with skill items?)
120 weapon skill
90 tactics (you have 300+ "warrior" skill points so weapon specials are cheap)
100 resist (paralyze, mana drain, curse, & pain spike arent much fun without it)
90 chivalry (will need skill items if you want to spam holy light)

Necro Ninja (You lose weapon specials and the abilty to heal/cure/res others, but you gain the ranged attack abilites and special forms of necromancy.)
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
80 stealth
120 weapon skill
100 spirit speak
105 necromancy
95 resist

Ninja Mage (restricted to spell channeling mage weapons [staff of magi or swords of prosp], but you gain the offensive and defensive abilities of magery)
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
100 stealth
120 magery
100 eval int
80 meditation
100 resist

W

White Wolf

Someone!...Anyone!...Bueller!

....crickets singing....

361 views and nothing....

Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it!

I'm thinking of getting my ninja back out and see what it can do but this place looks so dead I'm wondering if it's worth the effort.

G

I play a pure mage right now.
120 Magic,Med,Eval,Resist,Wrestl and 100 Scribe.

I was thinking about trying Ninja instead of inscribe for the abilty to use the ranged poison attacks and forms when I get dismounted, thoughts?

A

aznxweedhead

<blockquote><hr>

Melee Ninja (Pound away with weapon specials, poison with darts/stars, deathstrike, holy light spam?, smoke bomb if it goes badly) Note: You will probably want some mana regen on your armor.
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
100 stealth (maybe drop to 80? maybe raise to 120 with skill items?)
120 weapon skill
90 tactics (you have 300+ "warrior" skill points so weapon specials are cheap)
100 resist (paralyze, mana drain, curse, &amp; pain spike arent much fun without it)
90 chivalry (will need skill items if you want to spam holy light)

[/ QUOTE ]

how much fc/fcr u need for a build like this? and how much hci is worth sacrificing to get it?

L

lysarius

<blockquote><hr>

how much fc/fcr u need for a build like this? and how much hci is worth sacrificing to get it?

[/ QUOTE ]
In General, for equipment Id look for:
- armor with LMC and then MR
- Jewelry with FC/FCR and HCI
- Good weapon mods include HCI, HLD, FC, SSI, and hit fireball/lightning
- In PvM a weapon with stamina leech can be handy to keep your swing speed up when you go toe to toe (stamina leech hasnt been nerfed like mana/hp leech)

I run 3FC/6FCR with 21 HCI from jewelry (1/3 ring with 11HCI and +11 chiv; 1/3 bracelet with 10HCI, Most of my weapons have FC1)

Depending on which weapon I am using I get an extra 0 to 10 HCI from my weapon

When I dont plan to use stars/darts I can equip a shield to get an extra 1FC &amp; 14 HCI

Also remember that you can switch to wolf form and get an extra +20% HCI

I use hot keys to switch my equiped weapons during combat so I can use use various weapon specials as needed

For armor I build my set around the rune beetle carapace (totem of the void is GOOD too), then add pieces for resist and LMC/mana regen

L

lysarius

<blockquote><hr>

I play a pure mage right now.
120 Magic,Med,Eval,Resist,Wrestl and 100 Scribe.

I was thinking about trying Ninja instead of inscribe for the abilty to use the ranged poison attacks and forms when I get dismounted, thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]Im not a big fan of Inscription on a combat char (not enough extra damage for the 100 point investment IMO)

If you sub ninjitsu for inscription you will get stars/darts; however, your chance to hit will be like you are using ninjitsu as a weapon skill vs your opponentsweapon skill for defense... so 120 ninjitsu is best

Animal forms are not as good a dismount defense as they used to be. They now have a timer delay before you can use them after a dismount. On the plus side, if you are still alive after the timer you can switch into animal from quick on the run (as opposed to trying to stand still and remount n ethy)

If you spend much time on foot Miror images are a VERY good defense. Its REALLY HARD to hit a 120 ninja with a weapon attack if there is a mirror image around.

B

Bill Brasky

I wouldnt last 5 seconds w/ any of your templates.

Of course I stink at pvp too though

L

lysarius

Shameless bump to put the templates back on the first page of the forum...

D

davebobbit

Ok, im new to all this ninja business. I hear everyone moaning about stealth archers so I thought i would make one to see what all the fuss was about.

Im still building my skills but the eventual template will look like:

100 Anatomy
110 Archery
90 Healing
100 Hiding
110 Ninjitsu
100 Stealth (120 with legs)
90 Tactics

700 Cap

Pretty basic stuff i guess... It lacks the damage increase for pvm that you would get from chiv or bushido, but hopefully i might be able to actually do a bit of pvp with it... even if everyone does end up shouting "gimp!!" at me

Im probably a few days away from being able to test this out in the field, warrior skills are still only in the 80's, but maybe ill report back on how well i get on... One thing i do know is that my alchemist will be stocking me with plenty of smoke bombs!

I

imported_Galdrion

i usually dont replay to these posts... and im not going to give you any ideas you havent alreayd come up with... but as a suggestion id say go with the first one... but switch resist for parry or meditation... resist isnt useful in any real way at gm... may as well go with something better...

G

Help my make my gimp template. Here is the current plan
100 hiding
80 stealth
100 swords
90 tactics
120 ninjitsu
100 mage
100 eval/medi

Basically i want a gimp but flexible template that is for solo ganking people with bolas, but could help defend a champ spawn if needed. Help me figure out my skill deficiency problem, help me figure out what i need on my suit.
Also help me figure out how much dex i will need and the lowest mana i can go with depending on my suit and skills.
I will be using boxes/petals/bolas/images so please do not tell me i need parry or resist.
Thanks in advance, i was also wondering if there where more active uo forums as i like to theorycraft and alot of the stuff here is outdated.

R

Ru Atl

120 Fencing
115 Ninja(will go to 120 eventually)
100 Hiding
80 Stealth(Shadowdancer Legs +20 Stealth = 3 Death Strike damage)
90 Poisoning
100 Tracking(usually do 51 damage with DS)
100 Detect Hidden(could swap for tactics, but I love being able to reveal people)

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

<blockquote><hr>

120 Fencing
115 Ninja(will go to 120 eventually)
100 Hiding
80 Stealth(Shadowdancer Legs +20 Stealth = 3 Death Strike damage)
90 Poisoning
100 Tracking(usually do 51 damage with DS)
100 Detect Hidden(could swap for tactics, but I love being able to reveal people)

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wonder what you do when you have no healing abilities? Drink Potions? For a melee character I always use 90 Healing and 82 Anatomy to be albe to heal and resurrect (the latter mostly because I like to go on adventures in a team).
What exactly do you use a character with above template for? I can imagine it is quite powerful to quickly take down one target and then vanish. But the victim shouldn't require healing in the heat of the battle.
It would be great to hear about your strategy concerning healing yourself.

I

imported_GFY

I'm working on a ninja-mage. I can pull it all together with shadow dancer leggings.

Mage 120
Med 120
Eval 120
Resist 120
Ninja 120
Hiding 100
Stealth 80

With the leggings and the mods I have I can get all the stat points, 60+ all resist, 2/6 cast/recovery, 40 lmc, 11 MR. (I do have to carry regs
)Casting spells while throwing DP stars sounds too good to pass up. I might be weak vs dexxers but I got bombs and stealth for them.

I

imported_Ozymandies

My ninja is currently configured, roughly

Magery 90 (110 with jewels)
Ninjitsu 100
Alchemy 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 90
Eval 70
Tactics 70
Focus 50
Resist 50

I have a lot of mage weapons, some spell channeling, some slayers. Drop EV, shoot darts, switch to mage weapon, throw pots. If its really tough, use parasitic poison dart.

Used to have chivalry on this template, but moved it to another char and had to use these other skills.

OZ

K

Kith Kanan

120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 med
120 ninja
120 sword

Running with a runic made bokuto with nice mods , and the abillity to use darts and trowing stars and several usefull ninja abillities on top , i find it good fun

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 Fencing - preferred ( Swordsmanship ok )
100 Hiding
_80 Stealth
_90 Tactics
100 Magery ( 120 with Jewels possible )
100 Poisoning
120 Ninjitsu
----------------
710 Total Points ( add 10 to Stealth or Tactics if you're capped at 720 )
If Capped at 700 or 705 drop it from Ninjitsu and make up the difference with jewerly.

Human Character for Jack of all Trades in Meditation, Tracking, Focus, etc...

Strength - 100
Dexterity - 60
Intelligence - 80
---------------
240 stat point scroll ( if you have higher, place points in str or int.. )

Very fun to play. You can poison someone in so many ways.
Weapon, darts, stars, poison spell, poison field.

Block the exit with a poison field, if they run from your death strike, they have to run through it too.

Save poison charges on your weapon, stealth up to someone, one tile away, and cast Poison on them, if they're able to cure it, you didn't use a charge on weapon. Try the weapon next.

Use weapons with bleed attack and paralyze blow, then cast poison on them as they run away bleeding. Use Best Weapon Skill type weapons will allow you to use the awesome cleaver, with bleed attack and poison on it. Make use of shadow strike on weapons.

Eval Int. isn't required for this template. You can summon deamons, poison, mark runes, gate, recall, invis., heal, nightsight, etc... all without needing it.

Another fun thing to do is summon a daemon, cast invis on it, hide, and wait for your victim to come near. Now they have 2 suprises popping out at them!

As far as equipment goes, don't use LRC! Carry around just the reagents needed to recall, invis, and poison. 20-30 should suffice for each outing. Hit mana leech and hit life leech are great on your weapon, HCI and DCI are great on anything you can get them on. HP regen will be your main healing source ( shadow strike if you get in trouble ). Full 70's resist is your goal. Be careful for mages who use paralyze, paralyze them with weapon skill from the shadows, then bleed them and shadow strike.

Fun Fun Fun!

P

Piehunter

Would this work?

120 Fencing
120 Tactics
120 Ninja
100 Hiding
80 Stealth + 20 Shadow Dancer legs
80 Poison
80 Chiv
20 Tracking

or

0 Chiv &amp;

100 Tracking

Run one handed so you can chug pots etc.

I

imported_kinney42

I am very new to this but I was thinking.....PvM only (Please, any advise on why this would/would not work is much appreciated!)
120 Ninja
120 weapon
100 focus (not really sure on this one)
100 tactics
100 hiding
80 stealth + skill stuff to 80
100 chiv

But my question is this.....what is the advantage of going above 80 in stealth?
Also other than chiv, how do most ninjas heal themselves?

I

imported_jamison

<blockquote><hr>

Magery 90 (110 with jewels)
Ninjitsu 100
Alchemy 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 90
Eval 70
Tactics 70
Focus 50
Resist 50

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to get away from magery since almost all my toons have it, so I will cut out Magery and Eval. This leaves...

Ninjitsu 100
Alchemy 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 90
Tactics 70
Focus 50
Resist 50

Now I can make another toon do alchemy so I will change it to Poisoning.

Ninjitsu 100
Poison 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 90
Tactics 70
Focus 50
Resist 50

So umm. Why do you have tactics if you have no weapon skills? Why Focus when Meditiation would make more sense for a mage skilled toon as your template started out.

Basicly it appears that you can change forms... and that's about it. Am I missing something?

I really want a valid template and this looked promising. We've got to be missing something...

my goal template is something like:

Fencing 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Hideing 100
Ninjitsu 100
Focus 100
Stealth 100

82 STR/ 125 DEX/ 23 INT
I have a total skill pool of 720

The problem I have is that I cannot heal and Pots require 2 hands, I like my Long Spear.

So I need a suggestion since this is my first Ninja and honestly, they didn't even exist when last I played! (publish 16)

I am thinking of dropping Stealth to 80%, Focus to 80% and using the left over 20 points for Chiv of 60%?

This may give healing. Ideas?

I mostly want this for PvM. My main is unplayable. (Can't discuss why, let's just say that I think EA hates me...)

So this will be my money maker/help guildies etc character.

I

imported_kinney42

<blockquote><hr>

Fencing 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Hideing 100
Ninjitsu 100
Focus 100
Stealth 100

So this will be my money maker/help guildies etc character.

[/ QUOTE ]

As i said in my last post I am new to ninjitsu but I am definatly not new to the game. I've done my homework and I've read over the ninja abilities. Ninja is not a good money maker skill. The Ninja is the Pee-Wee football player compaired to the Sampires Pro Football "Going to tear your head off" Linebacker.
If you want a money maker - make a sampire and farm miasma or some other boss monster that will have no chance to kill you yet give you top level items and 2000 gold a kill.
If you want a fun-to-play, lets go goof around character then make the ninja.

When I decided to make a ninja (Mainly because I am bored as hell) I thought to myself, "What could I make that would be fun and really annoying to my friends...Ninja!!!"

plus bushido takes 1 tenth the time to finish when compaird with ninjitsu AND its 100 times more powerful for PvM.

I

imported_jamison

Actually my post was a reply to Ozymandies template that lacked any combat abilities other than magery but still had tactics etc.

My question is still this: "What changes can I make to the generic template above and still be effective and gain the ability to heal myself"

Ideas?

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My OWN template. (Siege Perilous)

120 Ninjitsu
120 Fencing
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
80 Stealth
100 Hiding
100 Alchemy
20 Magery (Can gate with jewls)

Benefits. Bomb the hell out of anyone while launching shurikens almost simultaneously and spamming deathstrike before they run. Can smoke bomb out of any situation, have more than enough mana to compete, and other stealthers have no chance due to my 30+ damage explosion pots and JoaT tracking ability. Its a really fun template, cheap, and fun.

I

imported_kinney42

<blockquote><hr>

What changes can I make to the generic template above and still be effective and gain the ability to heal myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditch Hiding, Stealth, and Focus and take bushido, parry and healing!
hehehehehe

J

[JD]

^ thanks for the website spam. im sure going to go out and buy ninja stars, knives and swords now.

Jimmy Pop

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Weapon
120 Ninjitsu
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Hiding
80 Stealth

I use Archery. Just smoke bomb if you see mana vamp being cast.

Silver Krilon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this thread is WAAAYYY outdated and I'm about to answer a question from around 4 years ago, but what the heck. Forums been a bit inactive for quite awhile...its a shame, but thats to be expected when a bunch of freeshards come out with their own websites, rules, and game changes. They can't all be discussed equally on these forums. (example: ABCUO does NOT allow poisoning of darts and shuriken for ninjas. This is because the player is already overpowered with absolutely no skill cap. The shuriken and darts, however can still interrupt spells). Anyways, the following shares my thoughts on ninjas as a whole as well as touch the topic of healing for them. My idea of a Ninja possess these skills with any number of skillpoints you desire:

*Ninjitsu
*Hiding
*Stealth
Tracking
Poisoning
*Melee Weapon Skill (Fencing is the Norm)
Tactics
Resisting Spells

*These four skills are a must in any build however the top 4 on the list are all ninjitsu-related.

First of all, let me say that looking at the ninja first hand, there is no AoE attacks the ninja possess. If they do possess such, its in the weapon as either a hit area affect or weapon ability like whirlwind strike. PvM is NOT a ninjas strong suit. As it may be easy to sneak around monsters and fight pvm, other templates such as necromancer and chivalry templates are far better at pvm than a ninja. Ninjas deal direct damage to one target in excessive amounts and quickly. That is the soul purpose of a ninja and most other games treat ninjas and rogues in this manner. With this said, I would focus on PvP and one-on-one battles.

[I](NOTE: there is one ability that the ninja has that CAN work well in pvm and that is the Toad Form. In this form ALL creatures/players that attack you, become inflicted by low level poisons because the infliction is caused by the target and not yourself, it does not matter if they are immune to poison. they wills till be inflicted. Toad Form is very powerful indeed.)[/I]

Healing for a ninja is very complex. But to understand the healing, you first need to understand the concepts of the ninja. First, is the really good ninja - and I mean REALLY good ninja player - can surprise their opponent, damage them to near 5% - 10% health (if enemy has 100 health, the victim would have 5 to 10 health) and do so really quickly, then either Shadowstrike or Smoke bomb back into hiding and stealth away with some minor wounds (say 20 - 25 damage inflicted on the ninja...not bad really). This is, ofcourse, the pro ninja way. The other escape move to use is to have animal form set to a form with increased speed. If your running when casting animal form, it transforms you to the last form you were. So you will auto-form into, say, a llama, and get away from the enemy quickly rather than stealthily. This should be used when the enemy has GM detect hidden. Because stealth is useless when they can auto-detect you just by walking nearby.

Remember this...Detect hidden is the BANE of ninjas. The one and only skill that can render a ninja almost completely useless and often makes your surprise attacks more difficult as they expect your arrival. If your position is compromise, even if you get away unscathed and hidden, they will expect a return. It is wise to pass up this fight if not equipped well for a longer battle (which ninjas aren't unless you have chivalry or magery or something non-ninja-like and disappointing the a ninja template <----nah just playing. I prefer pure ninjas not those hybrids. but they can get you out of some pinches in heated battles.)

The real healing source of ninjas are Health Regeneration and Hit Point Increase. If you use a potion, spell, or bandage, you will always become unhidden to apply said bandage, drink said potion, or cast said spell. Attacking with life leach or parrying attacks using bushido's confidence ability for health both requires you to be unhidden. With Health Regeneration as high as possible, you will regain health quickly. The Cat Form and the Dog Form both add health regeneration bonuses according to your ninjitsu in 30.0 increments. at 120 ninjitsu, you will benefit from a bonus of 4 health regeneration points. Bake Kitsunes and Wolf Form will grant +20 Hit Point Increase regardless of ninjitsu skill but still require skill to activate these forms. As I said before, the pro ninjas get in and out so quickly that they suffer very little damage, so they wait less for health regeneration. However, it is also good to note that ninjas must be patient. Prey on your target and choose the best moment to attack. One very good lesson to learn is "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Bards know this best because Provocation allows for its application. Finish enemies that have been beaten down, weakened, and wounded.

Now since most people aren't pro ninjas....or I haven't seen any because they are that good (stealthy sons of b****es...lol), The best thing to do is have Hit Life Leech on your weapon. This falls more closely under a necromantic lifestyle for a ninja but if your battles are prolonged, you will need this. But remember that your most important item property is Hit Chance Increase (HPI). Focus Attack will grant added damage and HPI for a single attack. Furthermore, the THIS SITE from UO Stratics proclaims that Focus attack affects all "Hit" properties on your weapon and not just Hit Chance Increase.

What about curses, Silver Krilon? Without my chivalry, how am I to remove curses without my Remove Curse Spell???? Ahh fine question. These days, cooking has become much more useful. Not just with egg bombs but with Enchanted Apples. They are made from 1 apple and 1 Greater Heal Potion. They don't stack, just like old school potion bottles. Eat one and it removes all the necromancer curses, magery debuffs, and character status' like Mortal Wound. Why waste skill points into chivalry when you have almost everything they have?
- Remove Curse (Enchanted Apples)
- Close Wounds (bandages, potions, leech, etc.)
- Cleanse by Fire (same as above, Unicorn Form, resist spells)
- Divine Fury (Just like Focus Attack w/o increased SSI and reduced DCI)
- Holy Light (Toad Form [read above], Hit Area Weapon Property)
- Enemy of One (a 50% DI weapon closely resembles this)
- Consecrate Weapon (Death Strike and Backstab resembles this)
- Dispel Evil (Hit Dispel Weapon Property)
- Noble Sacrifice (+80 Anatomy/Healing; Bandages - Not Needed)
- Sacred Journey (Runebook Charges; For small distances, Shadowjump)

--1-->Now that I have health and healing down, what about defenses? Glad you asked. Mirror Image is like your guardian angel. If you stand within 4 tiles of your mirror image and you are attacked, there is a chance the attack is absorbed and redirected onto one of your images. Forget about taming or your own steed, those five slots are invaluable to your defense! Whatever form you are currently in (from animal form abilities to what you wear as a human/elf) will be the image that your followers will imitate.
Another great defense, especially under the affects of poison, is Unicorn Form. You are immune to low levels of poison (up to level 3; Greater Poison). This is half-n-half useful. Mages who cast poison on you will find that you are immune...unless they have GM poisoning in which they have deadly level 4 poison at their fingertips. Also most dexxers use deadly charges and nothing less. If someone has lower, its probably lesser poison to interrupt spells. PvM on the other hand has a little more use. Just beware of silver serpents and acid elementals. If you happen to come across anything above level 3 poisons, you can chagne forms or keep your distance with the thankful movement speed unicorns possess
--2-->Another defensive measure a ninja has are the extra weapon abilities granted to skilled ninjitsu or bushido artists. Block is the heavily recommended ability, adding a bonus to defense chance temporarily. This will also reduce your Hit Chance momentarily but its totally worth it if the enemy misses a blow. Defense Mastery would also be a good choice however it is weaker without parrying skill. Feint is another good choice. It roughly cuts all incoming damage in half for 4 to 5 seconds. Nunchaku and Tessen both have Feint and Block and ideally are used as defensive weapons. However they are both two-handed mace fighting weapons. Fortunately, "Use Best Weapon Skill" allows us to use special moves. Find a either weapon with this ability if you do not plan to use mace fighting weapons. Otherwise, for fencers, the Leafblade has feint and the Sai has block.
--3-->Finally, the last and most common defensive mechanism for a ninja is the smoke bomb. Hiding and stealth are key to a ninjas concept. The smoke bomb allows for hiding and insta-stealthing in mid-combat. If your stocked up on these, you should never have to worry about dying unless the enemy gets a lucky reveal spell on you or has the bane of all ninjas....GM detect hidden... remember that if you find that your being detected and unhidden easily, you are vulnerable. A ninja is always vulnerable in the open and should Never EVER take the first blow. If this happens to you, cast Animal Form and run like hell! If you've set your animal form to an increased speed form, perform an auto-form cast by running as you cast. Once in a safe place, return to hiding and track your pursuer. With them tracked, you can start to move away slowly or move around to the other side of where they are looking. Chances are, if they can detect, they can track. Shadowjump can confuse enemy trackers. just keep your distance and jump from their left to their right, etc. etc. and they won't know which way to go! then leap far away enough and dash to lose their quarry! Escaping is a fun aspect of the game too!

Note, a ninjas weapon is everything. But the delivery of the attack is also everything. For the most part you should NEVER own a mount mainly for your access to mounted movement through your Animal Form. However, Ki Attack is a 2-second timed, distance ability and cannot be used while in a form. If your on a steed of any sort, Ki Attack becomes your main weapon. Especially since you cannot stealth. Note: Ki Attack is good for jousting. A lance is a fencing weapon, which is the normal weapon skill for stealthy, quick rogues, whether ninja or not. You'll find yourself beating all your friends at jousting because you get added bonus damage for the quick distance traveled on a mount with Ki Attack and your trusty lance. Best part is, there is no words of power for ninja because your abilities are not spells. Some people will wonder how you hit so hard with simple lances and be amazed!

Your personal Arsenal
<> Your main MELEE weapon (Archery is not compatible with many of your ninjitsu abilities) You will definitely need HCI, DI, and some SSI. Other good choices are HLD decreasing enemy DCI, HLA decreasing enemy HCI, HD for summons, Hit Areas for mobs, and leeches for health/stam/mana.
<> A Secondary blade (the point of this is to have more than 2 weapon abilities. Recommended choices are Mortal Wound, Shadowstrike, & Infectious Strike. Try to mix your item properties to benefit the weapon's abilities. I.E. Hit Area affects on Whirlwind weapons)
<> Sai/Nunchaku (Use Best Weapon Skill may be needed; point of this is for Block ability, though hard to master flipping and activating accordingly. This is optional; Note NEVER use Defense Mastery. That ability scaled with Parrying as well as Bushido/Ninjitsu. Unless you want to puts some points into parrying, I would steer clear of this ability)
<> Ninja belt w/ shuriken (a poison of choice)
<> Fukiya blowpipe w/ fukiya darts (a different poison of choice)
<> Explosion Potions (no one suspects fire damage from a ninja)

Your Equipment
[x] Smoke Bombs/Egg Bombs (Here! Throw this in their eyes!)
[x] Bolas (you will be on foot most of the time....I hope. Get your enemies on an even footing)
[x] Enchanted Apples (Remove Curse affects)
[x] Potions (Heal, Cure, Agility, Strength, Refresh, etc.)
[o] Bandages (IF you have healing; Not Recommended unless you decide to have the Talisman of the Fey [Cu Sidhe Form])

Talismans of the Fey
A Talisman of the Fey are Ninjitsu items introduced as an 8th anniversary gift. If your shard supports these, then you have 4 potential new "forms" that you can acquire, all with new abilities to compliment them, in exception to the squirrel form.
{-} Talisman of the Fey [Squirrel Form]: 20 Ninjitsu required. No Abilities.
{-} Talisman of the Fey [Ferret Form]: 40 Ninjitsu required. +10 Stealing
{-} Talisman of the Fey [Cu Sidhe Form]: 60 Ninjitsu required. Auto-self Healing using Bandages in your Backpack. Works well with Enhanced Bandages dipped in the Fountain of Life.
{-} Talisman of the Fey [Reptalon Form]: 90 Ninjitsu required. All your melee attacks have added Fire Breath attacks

By now your thinking....HOLY SH**!! Ninjas got a lot on their plate. Well yes they do. Even without a secondary weapon and block weapon, they have a lot of utilities. If you decide not to use all of this, you could be actually weakening your character. You are given the right to exercise shuriken throwing and dart blowing at 50.0 ninjitsu. Use it. You are also given the right to utilize ninjitsu/bushido abilities at the same skill. Utilize it.