• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

~ Ninja Template Talk Thread - ~

A

amc975

Post from Unholy Seed:
Template
120 fencing
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
92.5 stealth (will lower to 80, forgot about the stealth bonus as a rat/rabbit)
105 animal taming
100 animal lore
71.5 vet (will raise to 84.0)
1.0 tracking
=========
710 max skill

Stat

Jewelry slots reserved for hit chance increase.

PvM and Assassin capable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How are you healing and mana regen?

Would like to know, I am trying to figure out a very similar template for my Ninja to do PvM.

Thanks in Advance!

T

The_Shaw

long time stealther, first time ninja...

*Bob and Tom, you guys Rock*

D

Domi82

Fenc 120
Poison 100
Parry 80
Anatomy 80
Healing 100
Ninj 120
Res Spell 120

Stat 95 150 64 (74 mana)

I think it's a good template for pvp in a group.

J

Jacob Grimm

Would this be good enough to stay as a Ninja?

100 Ninjitsu
110 Swords
100 Magery (For healing/cure and lethal poisoning)
100 resist
100 hiding
80 stealth
90 poisoning (will use a magery power skill scroll and jewelry for lethal poisoning)

Only problem would be mana gain but I could use a mana leech weapon and a couple of mana gain items. I would need more mana for the healing so my stats would be 90|80|70. Of course I could replace Ninjitsu for meditation which would help out greatly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

To an earlier post: "- Focus Attack = I have not noticed any increase in my damage when this works "

I noticed that too. Bug perhaps?

And here's my template, I didn't see very many ninja archers.

110 Ninjitsu
110 Archery
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Tactics
100 Hiding
80 Stealth (Burglar's bandana +10, rabbit form +20)

Stats (w/ +20 stat ps)
110 Dex
85 Str
50 Int

I plan on using this char as mainly PvM, but since it stands fairly in the middle of
the scale of PvM---PvP as far as templates, I might use it for PvP too.
To make up for the regen rates, i'll have mana regen/high-resist armor, along with totem of the void (?) (+3 mana regen, 10% lower mana cost)
With some +25dmg inc jewels and gloves of the pugilist, i think that would make a fierce ninja/archer. Any criticism would be great, I'm fairly new to SE/ML mechanics.

D

Dioske

I was trying to put together a Ninja template for PvP...

Ninjitsu 100
Fencing 120
Focus 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 100
Healing 100
Anatomy 100

I don't know how good this character will be without any magic resist to keep me from getting paralyzed, or tactics for damage increase... Any advice would be appreciated. I have seen a lot of templates posted but nobody seems to have addressed these issues well. I noticed alot of people refer to their template as pvp and don't have magic resist... Didn't know if you always plan to fight in a group to avoid paralyze or how that would work.

G

Ghost of Siege

120 weapon
120 ninjitsu
100 tactics
100 healing
100 hiding
80 stealth
80 anatomy
20 tracking

I swap out tactics and poison, depending on the weapon I'm using.

W

WooDooMan

this seems odd to me .. why do i rarely see tactics in ninja templates ? is it useles for ninja or what ?

My simple template
Ninja 100
hiding 100
stealth 100
anatomy 100
tactics 80
fencing 100
healing 100
tracking 20

useful only in ambush atacks, roleplay assasin template. "if you are seen.. you are dead" char

H

Habanero

Here's my planned template, most of which is already in place:

95 Str
40 Dex
115 Int

120 Magery
120 Evaluating Int
110 Meditation
100 Resisting Spells
100 Hiding
85 Stealth
85 Ninjitsu

Anyone else got a template like this? I don't think I've seen a Ninja template that uses the Magery 4 yet. I use a -0 Staff of the Magi mostly for defense against melee/archery attacks, but it's nice for low level spawn too. Can anyone guess what I use my template for? I got my reasons and it works out great for me!

O

O.n.S

Ninjitsu 120
Spirit Speak 110
Fencing 110
Hiding 100
Poisoning 100
Stealth 90 (up to 110 -Burglar's Bandana+ring stealth +10%)
Tactics 75

Skillstotal 705+20% on items

STR 70
DEX 115 (up to 120 -Burglar's Bandana +5Dex)
INT 40 (up to 48 -Stormgrip +8Int)

Statstotal 225+13 on items

I

izenhart

Hiding
Stealth
Ninjitsu
Fencing
anatomy
Healing
Poisoning

Dude, do you know if this may work fine?

It was supposed to count with stealing, but there is no room for it anymore.
Can someone help me out to build a functional ninja template?

O

O.n.S

my new ninja

Ninjitsu 120
Spirit Speak 90 (up to 100- Bloodwood Spirit +10%SS)
Fencing 110
Hiding 100
Poisoning 100
Stealth 90 (up to 110 -Burglar's Bandana+ring stealth +10%)
Tactics 60
Necro 40 (up to 52- ring +12 necro)

Skillstotal 710+42% on items

STR 70
DEX 115 (up to 120 -Burglar's Bandana +5Dex)
INT 40 (up to 48 -Stormgrip +8Int, i have with armor 80 mana)

Statstotal 225+13 on items

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
720 Skill points:
110 Swords
90 Tac
90 Ana
90 Heal
100 Ninja
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
60 Chivalry + some Jewlery to get it to 80

Haven`t decide on Stats just yet.

K

Keegan-ElF

720 Skill points,

120 Ninjitsu
120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Fencing
120 Tactics
120 Focus

*Untested in PvP as of yet, but that will soon change

T

thedewmonger

Am I stupid to want Chivalry on my template? Taking a quick scan through this thread, I don't see any templates posted with chivalry.

I do PvM only. Right now my template needs help desperately.

G

ganarful

<blockquote><hr>

i was thinking of trying this one...
ninjitsu 100
hiding 100
archery 100
anatomy 100
resist 100
healing 100
stealth 100

i have a +30 set ninja jewels i can use and put 20.1 into tracking and other 9.9 into healing or archery or anatomy.
stat will be something like 90 str/100 dex/50 int

[/ QUOTE ]

ok this may be stupid question but why 20 tracking does it really do any good ive tried using track at idocs and until i got to like 40 or higher it didnt do any real good, then still wasnt worth a crud. oh and anyone tell me if hunter headdress in medable

D

Doenut

I was working on a Samurai but i am so bored with that template after playing a mage/archer/weaver for so long. So I have come out with this and its fun.

100 ninja
100 swordsmanship
100 parry
100 anatomy
100 resist spells
60 chiv
80 hide
60 stealth

For a grand total of 700 skill points. But if I got a couple of items I could bring my stealth and hiding up but thats really low priority right now. I love the transformation on ninja and looking to get a couple tokens to get the reptalon and squirel form for fun and games.

K

Karyuudo

120 ninjutsu
120 arhery
100 alchemy
100 tracking
100 hiding
100 tactics
80 stealth

Is it a good template?
I think DS+GE will be effective but i'm not sure about it

D

dhekke

Work in progress
ninjitsu 100
fencing 100
parrying 100
anatomy 100
tactics 100
hiding 100
stealth 100

I'll think about the power scrolls when I'm able to get one... but surely Ninjitsu will be first

S

Slappy0963

hows this sound

120 swords
120 ninja
120 bush
120 Parry
120 SS
100 necro

This temp would be really hard on the mana but with lots of MR and vamp form thats not much of a problem.
Health can be kept up with a combination of SS, confidence, vamp/wep leech, and lots of EP.

Just think of nervestriking someone, withering, then deathstriking them and when they run (which they will) you can kill em offwith a pain spike.

G

GreyNoob

I use this same temp on my test ninjas, very effective for PvP combat and super fast kills. . .
You wont have many friends though :p

A

Anderuin

Been working on this Ninja for a few days now. I figure I will want to do PVP and some PVM so trying to balance it.

Ninjitsu 100
Chivalry 60
Fencing 100
Tactics 90
Resist 80
Hiding 90
Stealth 90
Focus 90

That adds upto 700 and then I still have 20 extra points leftover. So I might put that into tracking. Not sure how well this will work, but it has the elements into I would like. Now only if I could work archery into it somehow with keeping resist I would be very pleased.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been working on this Ninja for a few days now. I figure I will want to do PVP and some PVM so trying to balance it.

Ninjitsu 100
Chivalry 60
Fencing 100
Tactics 90
Resist 80
Hiding 90
Stealth 90
Focus 90

That adds upto 700 and then I still have 20 extra points leftover. So I might put that into tracking. Not sure how well this will work, but it has the elements into I would like. Now only if I could work archery into it somehow with keeping resist I would be very pleased.
Drop resist, drop focus. Take hiding to GM, dro pstealth to 80. Take ninjitsu to 120, or at least 115. The remaining points put into med or poisoning.

The template you listed above is 1/2 assed across the board.

A

Anderuin

Well this is my first ever Ninja. I just upgraded to ML, so alot of these things are very new to me. I'm upgrading from AOS. If I don't have resist or focus how am I going to fight any high end monster with magery and still regen enough mana to keep attacking?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this is my first ever Ninja. I just upgraded to ML, so alot of these things are very new to me. I'm upgrading from AOS. If I don't have resist or focus how am I going to fight any high end monster with magery and still regen enough mana to keep attacking?
I didn't realize you were going for PvM. In that case, I wouldn't recommend Ninja at all.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use HPR and MPR gear. As far as high end monster, what high end monster are we talking here? Balrons or Ancient Wyrms....Shadow Dragon, Greater's? All NO. You aren't a tank. Use items in place of resist. You are a ninja anyways. Not supposed to have resist...drop a smoke bomb and disappear. Use trapped box for paralyze.

C

Connor_Graham

I didn't realize you were going for PvM. In that case, I wouldn't recommend Ninja at all.
Yup.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read about a lot of templates in this thread... and oh my how ppl are *ahem* naive?

PvP

**Basic**

120 fighting skill
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
120 ninja
100 hiding
80 stealth

(can take 10pts from tactics and 10 from healing/anat if you want to take stealth to 110... 20 from healing if you want to go 120, but enhanced bandages are required for these template tweaks.)

This temp can be archer dismounter or straight up melee...

You can swap out tactics for poisoning should you decide nox... you can even swap out poisoning for healing, but I wouldn't recommend it...

**BOK Ninja Stealther**

120 swordsmanship
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
80-120 stealth
rest in med or if human... tracking (I suggest 80stealth and 60med...)

50% EP is required for this template... as well, so is a good bokuto. You will hit nerve strike, followed by death strike and chained (if target doesn't move after you NS the first time... start hitting with lightning strike for the crits)

**suggest tracking your mark for 2 screens before you initiate**

Feint, pots and confidence are your saving grace... this character is not meant to go toe to toe... it's in for the punch... then out. That's it. Great gimp... lol.

Detective (stealther killer)

120 fighting skill
100 detect hidden
80-100 tracking
80 poisoning (or 90 tactics and -10 to your stealth)
120 ninja
100 hiding
100-120 stealth

Poison spam + high damage nerve strikes is point of this template... obviously can go fighting skill as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEALTH NINJA TAMER 1

110 animal lore
110 animal taming
80 vet (enhanced bandages pretty useful here..)
120 magery
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
80 stealth

scnp -20 mage weap (1 hander) almost required.

STEALTH NINJA TAMER 2

110 animal lore
110 animal taming
120 archery
80 tactics
120 ninja
100 hiding
80 stealth

(obviously you cannot res/heal your pet)

Character dismounts and sicks pet on opponent... has huge draw backs but is very offensively potent.

Stealth Ninja Tamer 3

110 lore
110 taming
80 vet
120 wrestling
120 ninja
100 hiding
80 stealth

stun punch + max HPR, HP increase and wolf form...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

PvM Ninja

Well... I just don't suggest this template for PvM at all...

lol

Zezman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ninja~Paly Assasin

Very nice post Draxous. I will keep your templates in mind.

This, however, is the Template that I am aiming for:
(Some will note that it includes Chivalry, a skill few ninjas value)

• [*] 65 Anatomy
    [*] 65 Chivalry
    [*] 100 Fencing
    [*] 100 Hiding
    [*] 100 Ninjitsu
    [*] 80 Poisoning
    [*] 90 Stealth
    [*] 100 Tactics

Initially I thought it was good. But then I realized, that with only 80 in poisoning, that limits me to Greater Poison, and no Deadly Poison. This will not do.

The 65 Anatomy helps me see the stamina of a player, assuming I have the time to check, and for increased damage. The Chivalry is good enough for self heal and some other mid level paladin spells. I have jewelry for high end spells I can put on, for example, to rez fallen comrades.

With 100 Hiding and 90 stealth, I am nigh invisible to all but the toughest of monsters. This should also make me undetectable in PvP.

To become more self sufficient, and be able to poison my own weapons with Deadly Poison, I propose Alternative Template #1:

• [*] 65 Anatomy
    [*] 65 Chivalry
    [*] 100 Fencing
    [*] 100 Hiding
    [*] 90 Ninjitsu
    [*] 100 Poisoning
    [*] 90 Stealth
    [*] 90 Tactics

I dropped my Ninjitsu and my tactics down to 90 each, to raise Poisoning to Grand Master level. However, when I think about it, I don't believe that having GM poisoning helps increase damage or in any way directly affects pvp damage with poison on a poisoned weapon, shuriken, or fukiya dart. Therefore, it is most logical to classify Poisoning as a crafter skill, something that does not belong in any PvP template.

Therefore, if it is a crafter skill on a Ninja Template, I am tempted to transfer it to a Mage character, who can thereafter become a Nox Mage, as well as poison my weapons and ammo on the side for me to use later.

This leaves 80 whole points to allocate back into the original template I first posted, thus Alternative Template #2:

• [*] 100 Anatomy
    [*] 70 Chivalry
    [*] 120 Fencing
    [*] 100 Hiding
    [*] 120 Ninjitsu
    [*] 0 Poisoning (Moved to a mage character)
    [*] 90 Stealth
    [*] 100 Tactics

+35 to Anatomy, +5 to Chivalry, +20 to Fencing, +20 to Ninjitsu.

The main reason for having Chivlary is the diversified spells it gives, self (or close range) heal, cure poison, weapon & combat enhancements, and the travel spell. I understand that it's weakness is that it is highly interruptable (the heal spell) but at least it's immediate, unlike healing. Of course, you do have to stand still for it to cast, unlike healing, which can be done on the run.

None of my templates include any jewelry enhancements. Also, I do not own any 120 power scrolls either, and I understand that those two, Fencing and Ninjitsu, cost millions of gold each.

Now, considering the 110 scrolls I do own however, brings us to Alternative Template #3:

• [*] 100 Anatomy
    [*] 80 Chivalry
    [*] 110 Fencing
    [*] 100 Hiding
    [*] 110 Ninjitsu
    [*] 0 Poisoning (Moved to a mage character)
    [*] 90 Stealth [(110)? with items perhaps]
    [*] 110 Tactics

In case you haven't guessed yet, BLUE skills are those that are higher than my current template build, and RED skills are those lower than my current template build.

The last Alternative looks very promising and doable, as I do have those scrolls and I do have a soulstone fragment that can move the skills around.

I really would like someone's opinion about which is the best for PvP and therefore, the most survivable. Or you could suggest a different build than my current Ninja~Paly Assasin.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a new PvP ninja that is almost ready.. so far it looks to be pretty overpowered and gimpy.

:eyes:

I'll post it if it plays as well as I think it will.