• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ninja Slasher

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
In reguards to this thread:
[Ninjitsu] - My new template.

do you find your self dying all the time to Slasher and what not for running 0 resist ? If not how are you dealing with the parra attacks. I thought about building up this template but switching it up to run 100 shido instead of LJ, but then I started wondering bout the resist.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks I was told you wouldn't get paralyzed as often with 120 resist. Same with dealing with Blood Oaths from Crugal etc.. etc..

Just FMI, do you see any reason to run resist on this or a sampire template, over other skills? Personally I don't, but I have a friend that is adamant about it.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neither does having Resist.
without resist you basically get stunned 100% of the time for 7 seconds with the message
"everything around you dissolves into darkness as slasher of veil's burning eyes fill your vision"
or
"terror slices into your very being destroying any chance of resisting slasher of veils you might have had"

etc.

whereas with a resist of 100 I only get stunned around 30% of the time. and when I resist it I only get stunned for about half a second with the message
"a sense of discomfort passes through you but it fades quickly"

this goes for stygian dragon as well

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
without resist you basically get stunned 100% of the time for 7 seconds with the message
"everything around you dissolves into darkness as slasher of veil's burning eyes fill your vision"
or
"terror slices into your very being destroying any chance of resisting slasher of veils you might have had"

etc.

whereas with a resist of 100 I only get stunned around 30% of the time. and when I resist it I only get stunned for about half a second with the message
"a sense of discomfort passes through you but it fades quickly"

this goes for stygian dragon as well
That's a different attack to the one Ender was reffering to.

Both Slasher and Stygian have the terror/fear attack, that is triggered (sometimes), usually on the first time you run towards them, and (sometimes) throughout the battle once they unflag as monsters in long battles often do. That attack passes sooner with Resist. Also without Resist it applies Mind Rot to the character which increases your mana cost. Easiest counter to this inevitable attack is an Invis potion.

The attack Ender mentioned is the raining rocks, which (like the Stygian Dragon's Dismount, and Medusa's 'turn to stone') is a counter attack that can trigger on ANY damage. Which is why it is infinitely easier to solo than do with a group of people, and a bad idea to use any small damage delayed/damage over time attacks like Hit Spell/Bleed/Strangle. They often use Slashers with different skins in events and with 30+ people attacking it does the raining rocks attack almost non-stop. That attack isn't affected by Resist. It freezes you and blue rocks appear on the floor (not as many as they used to), you can pick them up double click them and throw them back at the Slasher for some damage (again, not as much as it used to be). This can be broken with the Stone Boots/Boots of Escaping or whatever they're called, the same as Navrey/Mephistis' web (also a counter attack).

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thanks I was told you wouldn't get paralyzed as often with 120 resist. Same with dealing with Blood Oaths from Crugal etc.. etc..

Just FMI, do you see any reason to run resist on this or a sampire template, over other skills? Personally I don't, but I have a friend that is adamant about it.
Yes, with 120 Resist you won't get paralysed at all by the magic spell Paralyze against anything with 120 or less Eval Int. This is different from both of the attacks mentioned above.

In general no, in today's UO I would only run Resist on characters that are dedicated for PvP, I wouldn't bother with it on a spawner whether I use them in Fel or not.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yes, with 120 Resist you won't get paralysed at all by the magic spell Paralyze against anything with 120 or less Eval Int. This is different from both of the attacks mentioned above.

In general no, in today's UO I would only run Resist on characters that are dedicated for PvP, I wouldn't bother with it on a spawner whether I use them in Fel or not.
Thanks for the response. I knew about the magic spell Paralyze and resist, I just didn't know how it worked with bosses special abilities IE Slasher's paralyze.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
All that said, I wouldn't actually use that Ninja template for the Slasher, aside from not having it anymore. It's just not really a good fit. There's 3 options I'd use for Slasher:

1) Wraith/Thrower, which I think is the fastest and most effective option.
2) A full sampire, which I'm epically bored of playing and don't have anymore.
3) A Stone Form Macer, probably the slowest option, but fun/involved/busy (i.e. you're not just sitting there hitting Lightning Strike or AI over and over) and you have to think about what you're doing.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn´t have true problems with the bushido paladin template (Dragoon) fighting slasher.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Lord GOD(GOD), in the other thread you kind of imply you soloed or at least tanked Exodus with your ninja build. If this is so, how are/were you dealing with his aoe spells and his ROC that cant be dispelled. I doubt Exodus can be soloed or even tanked on this template. On another note, did Exodus always summon ROC? Last time I tried him (minus last night) We used bag balls ( and were successful using just two throwers in vampric embrace) I don't recall him summoning ROC. Yes Bag balls were cheep but I got only 1 other person on Baja that I play with.

The AOE spells alone drop all my clones instantly and I gotta wait casting timer to get 1 back up. In that time period death.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@Lord GOD(GOD), in the other thread you kind of imply you soloed or at least tanked Exodus with your ninja build. If this is so, how are/were you dealing with his aoe spells and his ROC that cant be dispelled. I doubt Exodus can be soloed or even tanked on this template. On another note, did Exodus always summon ROC? Last time I tried him (minus last night) We used bag balls ( and were successful using just two throwers in vampric embrace) I don't recall him summoning ROC. Yes Bag balls were cheep but I got only 1 other person on Baja that I play with.

The AOE spells alone drop all my clones instantly and I gotta wait casting timer to get 1 back up. In that time period death.
Not sure what an ROC is?

I've never solod or tanked Exodus on this template, or any other, or even tried. I posted a picture from an Exodus I went to, but there's clearly at least 9 other players in there.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My bad, I didn't study the picture that much. I just read the text of the post. ROC was a type-o, Meant RC (Rising Colossus). How I arrived at that conclusion, is you showed yourself soloing Chief Proxy, Blackthorn Macers, Dread Horn.. So I just assumed the Exodus was a solo and didn't even bother looking at the picture closely.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Does Exodus summon RC's? If so I'd have a Hit Dispel weapon, or use Dispel Evil, if that works, or if not just Momentm Strike or just switch to it and kill it.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Technically, you cannot "solo" exodus cause you need at least 2 people before you can even enter and fight it.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Does Exodus summon RC's? If so I'd have a Hit Dispel weapon, or use Dispel Evil, if that works, or if not just Momentm Strike or just switch to it and kill it.
He does now ;x I went down there with two my ninja and a mystic/mage about 2 weeks ago ( been on vacation), first time in a long time. We had RCs constantly, couldn't be dispelled with mass dispel at all ;x

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When you solo blackthorn macers, were you doing something to remove their shield. I never hit them, I can set there for 20 minutes and not get a single point of dmg on them cept hit lightning? Don't matter if I can tank them for a year, if I cant kill them.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I wasn't aware they had any sort of shield, but no, I hit them pretty consistently. I don't think I even had HLD.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Maybe not all of them do (Ill have to look closer when I go back down there), but the two I was able to separate from the group (1 at a time) last night, had shields and their parry was eating all my swings.