• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Ninja PVP Template

D

Darien

Looking for a good PVP Ninja Template. Was wondering if there is any solid ones out there and how good does it go against the other tempates these days?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already had a post about Ninja PvP templates that people had offered insight on since I had been gone for the game about a year and was a little less rounded then other areas of the game.

I would recommend looking in that thread for ideas. The thread is as follows:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=111187

As far as how using those templates versus people, I can say that I am not a guru in that area. Lynk I thought had the best hands down template mentioned in my opinion.

From my understanding though, it really boils down to having stealth and hiding in your template. Also, from what I recall, you can have like say 60 tracking on your template to help with death strike damage. I don't know if they nerfed that or put a "fix" with that however.

C

Chaosy

120 ninjitsu
120 mace
100 tac
100 anat
90 heal
100 hide
80 stealth

+10 pts wherever you feel like. I'd go 110 tactics for more damage output.

Pretty much just conc/conc/deathstrike with a nice mace or diamond mace, shoot shurikens or fukiya darts, point, click, chase.

T

Turdnugget

Do you want to stealth around? Use DS? If that's the case then you'll want to look at one of these templates with stealth/hiding.

I have a ninja template I quite enjoy and do really well with...

I can't remember the skills offhand but i've got:
120 Ninjitsu (helps with landing Dp shurikens/darts)
Archery
Macing
Tactics
Anatomy 90
Healing 90
Chivalry 60

I mainly use ninja for poisoning people, animal form when I get dismounted to get away, mirror image to save my bacon.

Archery for dismounts, mortals, moving shot (running down redlined ppl)etc
Macing to have one hand free to chug + up close melee fights. I don't have any good balanced bows to chug with.
Healing/Anat so I don't have to rely on hiding to heal up or chug a ton.
Chivalry to use consecrate, remove curse,regain stamina if need be

When I first started the template I wasn't sure how well it would work...I went about 4 days playing it w/out dying in PvP. That being done in Yew, Despise, other champ spawns...It's worked really well for me. It gives me lots of other options for defense + offense.

G

gjohnson5

Do you want to stealth around? Use DS? If that's the case then you'll want to look at one of these templates with stealth/hiding.

I have a ninja template I quite enjoy and do really well with...

I can't remember the skills offhand but i've got:
120 Ninjitsu (helps with landing Dp shurikens/darts)
Archery
Macing
Tactics
Anatomy 90
Healing 90
Chivalry 60

I mainly use ninja for poisoning people, animal form when I get dismounted to get away, mirror image to save my bacon.

Archery for dismounts, mortals, moving shot (running down redlined ppl)etc
Macing to have one hand free to chug + up close melee fights. I don't have any good balanced bows to chug with.
Healing/Anat so I don't have to rely on hiding to heal up or chug a ton.
Chivalry to use consecrate, remove curse,regain stamina if need be

When I first started the template I wasn't sure how well it would work...I went about 4 days playing it w/out dying in PvP. That being done in Yew, Despise, other champ spawns...It's worked really well for me. It gives me lots of other options for defense + offense.
I agree in principal that hiding and stealth on a ninja makes them weak. Not to mention the skills which require stealth (backstab) have been nerfed anyway. I like your pvp template

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 ninjitsu
120 mace
100 tac
100 anat
90 heal
100 hide
80 stealth

+10 pts wherever you feel like. I'd go 110 tactics for more damage output.

Pretty much just conc/conc/deathstrike with a nice mace or diamond mace, shoot shurikens or fukiya darts, point, click, chase.
Just a quick question for ya. Do you gate run, get gated, or use scrolls to get around from place to place? Unless this is a siege character of course.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Diomedes, I actually changed that character around because I was sick of people with cure pots nullifying my template.

The template I use on my Ninja is more of an assassin than anything listed here. It's pretty deadly and I have alot of fun with it.

120 Bushido
120 Ninjitsu
120 Swords
115 Tactics (120 if you have 720 skill cap, I have 715 on this acct)
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
50 Chiv

I PvP exclusively in factions. This guy is fun to sneak up on people and surprise them. I use the faction: Spirit of Totem/Mace and Sheild (interchangeable), Primer Totem, Orny, RBC, Fey Legs, Storm Grip. Fill in the gaps with good armor and a 1/2 or 1/3 with HCI (and preferably EP).

From there find a disarm wep and a Bokuto, both FC 1. I just use pots and confidence to heal mostly because I'm always on offense. If I get in a jam I'll use 4/6 chiv.

Stealth up, Death strike (so they don't run), Nerve strike (so they can't run), Nerve Strike (it doesn't matter; if they stay they get NSd and die if they go they get DS dmg and die). Sometimes I'll disarm if I know they are slow. If they are fast I'll cross my fingers for a lucky RNG. Throw in the poison darts for a little extra edge.

If you get dismounted just stand still, chug, and enjoy casting 4/6 mirror images while the surrounding archers and dexers do absolutely nothing to you. Occasionally chiv heal if a mage is there. Once you can, animal form and/or smokebomb.

Occassionally you will die but I rarely miss a mark. For fun I'll have a friend bring an archer, and I'll have him wait for my disarm. Once I disarm, he dismounts, and I do my combo above with the archer throwing in a conc or mortal.

If you like playing assassins, this template is definitely for you.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Diomedes, I actually changed that character around because I was sick of people with cure pots nullifying my template.
So you had run a template like this one Lynk, that Chaosy had posted?

120 ninjitsu
120 mace
100 tac
100 anat
90 heal
100 hide
80 stealth

I haven't tried a template like this one or the one above that you had posted. I was just wondering then, you didn't hit hard enough with this template setup, or what? Just curious.

Oh...say, did you mean the template that you had posted in the original thread I had discussed? If so, yeah I can see what you mean as far as that being an issue.

C

Chaosy

Okay thanks, good to know. Template seemed to make sense to me. I am not sure if Lynk was talking about your template or another. I guess it was my fault for not being more specific.
Link's template is a good one and quite innovative. I'd say the one I posted is more widely used.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Link's template is a good one and quite innovative. I'd say the one I posted is more widely used.
Okay good to note. Well thanks to both of you. Just was tired of the template I had. Nice to get some other ideas to kick around.