• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Ninja pvm suggestion

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've changed shard ( from catskills to europa) and i've found an old char, never used, ninja fencer, that I created about 3 years ago or before (it isn't the same fencer of another post of mine :) )
But i don't like it.
115 fencing
115 tactics
100 hiding
100 stealth
106 ninjitsu
100 chivalry
about 70 focus
100, 100, 50 stats, but I have to use jewels and some armour to raise them.
She is human.
I think that i wanted to use she in pvm ( i have chivalry) because i don't love pvp. But with this template how can heal me? Chiv and potions are not the best way :(
Is it better to drop focus for raising ress spell ( using potions and chiv to heal me) or tactics and focus to raise healing and anatomy?
And for ninjitsu, it's a good idea to raise it to 120?
Or other suggestion?
Thanks

B

Bara

Hmm.. If I was going to make a pvm ninja, I would probably try to squeeze 8 skills onto the character via skill jewelry.

I would aim for something like this as a skill base....

115 Fencing
90 Tactics
80 Anatomy
80 Healing
70 Chilvary
100 Hiding
90 Stealth
95 Ninjutsu

That is assuming a vet account with some decent skill jewels. With nicer stuff, you could push these skills higher.

You'll have 20 focus and med for being human, and with some stamina-mana leech/regen, you will be fine.

I'm not sure if it could do high end pvm without bushido/parry, but you could still be pretty strong.

Just a thought.

PVM ninjitsu just seemed to have too cramped a skill list though. Every time I tried to design one, I always found myself wishing I could get one more skill.

T

Turdnugget

If it's for PvM you don't really need 120 Ninja as 120 is mainly used for easier casting of higher end animal form + throwing darts/stars which is almost useless in PvM as you can kill it quicker than would a poison.

Get a Kama, it has whirlwind special. 100 or 105 chiv is good as you can spam Holy Light for more area damage, great for lower level spawn. I pick up the gold after a champ spawn and use that to put into my Tithing points.

Mirror image is what will save your bacon in PvM and help absorb the damage.

If you get at least 2 FC on your suit, Chiv heals/cures just fine. 3 or 4 FC is even better.

You wont be a high end damager, but could be a fun template to play if set up right. And focus attack augments your weapons intensities. IE: if you have 45% HLD on your weapon, and use focus attack, if ninja is high enough it can double that giving you 90% HLD for one swing. It's kinda mana intensive spell, but would guarantee you a sure shot pretty much for landing HLD =)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turdnugget, but without healing and anatomy, can i heal myself only with potions and chiv? Is it not a little dangerous?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get by using just pots and chiv spells, just need a high mana leech weap and a suit with LMC and mana regen and also as someone pointed out FC so that you can get the close wound off before getting interrupted. If you start to get in trouble just have a macro to hit a smoke bomb to hide.

T

Turdnugget

You could also get HPregen items. If you had enough HCI/DCI from ring/helmet/shield/weapon/items you could also use the Bracelet of Health. 5 HP 10 HPR + Primer on Arms 2 HPR, Crimson Cincture 2 HPR for 14HPR which should keep you alive really well. Then add into that dog form for added HPR. Just remember in dog form you can't cast spells/weapon specials. You can cast mirror image and other like ninja spells though.

With enough FC chiv will heal you just fine. I've got an archer/tamer I use for PvM and Chiv is my main form of healing/curing. I have pots for those dire situations and for PvP.