• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Ninja/Necro/Fencer template questions

F

Favith

I'm toying with the idea of a ninja/necro template (actually, I already started it).

In the end, I'm shooting for this:

120 Ninjitsu (for the title as much as anything else)
100 Stealth (105-120 depending on gear)
100 Hiding
110 Necro (120 with mods)
110 Spirit Speak (120 with mods)
120 Fencing

I’m just returning to UO after a long absence so I have some questions about the validity of the template.

First of all, I understand the stealth-related ninja skills are lame, but hiding/stealth is important to me from a playstyle perspective---those two skills are the core of the character and I don’t want to change them. Plus, my goal is to do much of my PVM activity in Fel—just for the challenge (and to give the reds a new target). I imagine being able to sneak around will come in handy there.

Secondly, while this is primarily a PVM template I know I won’t be soloing dragons and such with it. I have a solid ABC archer template for that (thanks Connor!). But I do want it to be semi-viable for mid-level PVM encounters (enough to farm some gold with it and help a guild spawn effort).

My specific questions for the vets out there are:

The last 60 skills points—where do I put them? Tactics to help the fencing out? I have some decent +tactics jewelry if that helps?

Or should I just 120 SS and Necro with real skill rather than gear mods?

Also, is there a difference between skills that are 120 by real skill vs skills that are 120 by jewelry mods? Is there a FAQ on skill mod items somewhere I could read?

I imagine I should do most of my fighting in Vamp form? My goal is to melee mobs down using Necro as a supplement to my fencing/ninjitsu moves. I don’t want to spellcast mobs to death. So I would think that Vamp form over Wraith? Any tactical considerations I’m missing here? I’m sure there are…

As for ninjitsu, when you take a different form can you melee in that form using specials and all that? Does the new form factor in your weapon skill/mods or does each form have it’s own abilities and that’s it? Are any of the ninja forms better to fight in (melee) than the necro ones?

Last question: the special ninja weapons (throwing stars, smoke bombs and such), are these player crafted? If so, which profession? I can’t seem to find a vendor with these things anywhere on Atlantic….

Thanks in advance for any advice!

C

Connor_Graham

The last 60 skills points—where do I put them? Tactics to help the fencing out? I have some decent +tactics jewelry if that helps?
This is what I'd suggest. Someone that knows Ninjitsu a bit better than I do may suggest differently, but as things stand now, you've got no real damage going for you without Tactics or Anatomy.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm toying with the idea of a ninja/necro template (actually, I already started it).

In the end, I'm shooting for this:

120 Ninjitsu (for the title as much as anything else)
100 Stealth (105-120 depending on gear)
100 Hiding
110 Necro (120 with mods)
110 Spirit Speak (120 with mods)
120 Fencing

I’m just returning to UO after a long absence so I have some questions about the validity of the template.

First of all, I understand the stealth-related ninja skills are lame, but hiding/stealth is important to me from a playstyle perspective---those two skills are the core of the character and I don’t want to change them. Plus, my goal is to do much of my PVM activity in Fel—just for the challenge (and to give the reds a new target). I imagine being able to sneak around will come in handy there.

Secondly, while this is primarily a PVM template I know I won’t be soloing dragons and such with it. I have a solid ABC archer template for that (thanks Connor!). But I do want it to be semi-viable for mid-level PVM encounters (enough to farm some gold with it and help a guild spawn effort).

My specific questions for the vets out there are:

Or should I just 120 SS and Necro with real skill rather than gear mods?

Also, is there a difference between skills that are 120 by real skill vs skills that are 120 by jewelry mods? Is there a FAQ on skill mod items somewhere I could read?

I imagine I should do most of my fighting in Vamp form? My goal is to melee mobs down using Necro as a supplement to my fencing/ninjitsu moves. I don’t want to spellcast mobs to death. So I would think that Vamp form over Wraith? Any tactical considerations I’m missing here? I’m sure there are…

As for ninjitsu, when you take a different form can you melee in that form using specials and all that? Does the new form factor in your weapon skill/mods or does each form have it’s own abilities and that’s it? Are any of the ninja forms better to fight in (melee) than the necro ones?

Last question: the special ninja weapons (throwing stars, smoke bombs and such), are these player crafted? If so, which profession? I can’t seem to find a vendor with these things anywhere on Atlantic….

Thanks in advance for any advice!
I would go 120 real fencing; dont use jewels.
Smoke bombs and egg bombs do the same thing; they just are crafted from different skills - alchy and cooking. When you change into the forms from ninja; each form has different abilitys; though you can not cast spells in this form or use weapon specials check out www.uoguide.com and type ninjitsu to see what all it says about it. If you have HIGH enough fire; go around in vamp form so you get health back through that. Though you might want to check out using wraith form since you get mana back and can chug Gheal pots. This way at a spawn in wraith form you get infinite mana + wither + 100% poison area from weapon if you use serp fang or taskmaster (which you should be using at a spawn if fencing)
Change template to:

75 stealth - (OBTAIN Oak leaf shroud to reach 80 stealth so you can use shadowstrike, @ 75 skill you wont fail in medable gear)
105 necro - 100% cast on wither and strangle
120 ninja - Make sure you have macros for darts, ninja stars, and smoke/egg bombs.
100 hiding
120 fencing
110 SS - you could use serp fang or taskmaster; 100% poison area is AWESOME for spawning when used with wither; corpse skin with 100% poison weapon is nice
90 tactics - this is a must; so you can do melee dmg and use specials

This is a fun template to play.. I have something similar tho my char has 100 poison and no hiding or stealth. Get a 100% lrc suite and a orny, and a decent 50% ep ring for heals. Hope some of this helps...

S

Splup

I
Change template to:

75 stealth - (OBTAIN Oak leaf shroud to reach 80 stealth so you can use shadowstrike, @ 75 skill you wont fail in medable gear)
120 ninja - Make sure you have macros for darts, ninja stars, and smoke/egg bombs.
100 hiding
120 fencing
110 SS - you could use serp fang or taskmaster; 100% poison area is AWESOME for spawning when used with wither; corpse skin with 100% poison weapon is nice
I would go for this too I quess. Remember to use curse weapon to gain health... Play in wraith form and have a whirlwind weapon with you. When you get low health, use curse wep and swing everything around you.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would go 120 real fencing; dont use jewels.
Smoke bombs and egg bombs do the same thing; they just are crafted from different skills - alchy and cooking. When you change into the forms from ninja; each form has different abilitys; though you can not cast spells in this form or use weapon specials check out www.uoguide.com and type ninjitsu to see what all it says about it. If you have HIGH enough fire; go around in vamp form so you get health back through that. Though you might want to check out using wraith form since you get mana back and can chug Gheal pots. This way at a spawn in wraith form you get infinite mana + wither + 100% poison area from weapon if you use serp fang or taskmaster (which you should be using at a spawn if fencing)
Change template to:

100 hiding
120 fencing

This is a fun template to play.. I have something similar tho my char has 100 poison and no hiding or stealth. Get a 100% lrc suite and a orny, and a decent 50% ep ring for heals. Hope some of this helps...
What kind of stats do you personally run with this? After items is fine as an idea. I have kind of a new template that is somewhat similar. HP is around 120 and then dexterity is around 90 (after items) and mana pool is around 115. Those numbers are just off the top of my head.

Do you have a much larger mana pool?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I admitedly have not tinkered around with ninjitsu a ton. Would this template work with any chivalry?

T

Turdnugget

Only thing i've seen to be effective, and it's mainly vs. other dexxers..

Is a dexxer 4/6 chiv mirror image casting style template. Pretty much non-stop mirror images (but you gotta be on foot) Typically with parry as well. A pain in the butt for a warrior to kill.

R

RichDC

I
Change template to:

100 hiding
120 fencing
I would go for this too I quess. Remember to use curse weapon to gain health... Play in wraith form and have a whirlwind weapon with you. When you get low health, use curse wep and swing everything around you.
I Wouldnt do this!!!

Spawning is fine, use wither. In wraith form and the curse weapon as suggested above.

Try to keep your ninja, fencing and stealth at 120, reason. If you do have to PvP your deathstrikes will do ALOT more damage, follow that with a painpike and your looking at an almost instant(ish) 70+points of damage.

I would suggest trying to find another 30points from somewhere to take tactics to 90 allowing specials.

Looks like a fun as hell template though!!!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Wouldnt do this!!!

Spawning is fine, use wither. In wraith form and the curse weapon as suggested above.

Try to keep your ninja, fencing and stealth at 120, reason. If you do have to PvP your deathstrikes will do ALOT more damage, follow that with a painpike and your looking at an almost instant(ish) 70+points of damage.

I would suggest trying to find another 30points from somewhere to take tactics to 90 allowing specials.

Looks like a fun as hell template though!!!
Actually I did try a template like this...that's why I was asking about squeezing chivalry in there somewhere but...it doesn't look like it can happen. I would need like +50 skill points to make that happen lol. If I could have chivalry of around 55 or 60...it would be perfect. Having ninjitsu, chivalry, necro and weapon specials would rock. Even minus the chivalry it is a lot of fun. I can almost complete some of the tough spawns solo. Whither like you said plus I use whirlwind weapon specials when I get in trouble. Just chivalry would help with some damage output.