Night Terror

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Tried to kill a night terror the other night and had my butt handed to me. Has any warrior went toe to toe with these with out any help and survived. I was hoping to leech through the poison with my weapon which has 90% HLL on it and using AI special moves. But with its hard hitting ability, high magery plus poison affects my health was going done to fast. It just seemed like I was not hitting it hard enough I'm thinking of placing back on the necro skill to leech more health. I was also using 120 resist magic already any tricks on killing these buggers with out any help. Its for the challenge to kill one more then for any other reason. Oh and these things have a ton of hit points and seem to have high hit point regens.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
The only time I've killed these is in a group. I tried sampire then swapped to a mystic dropping RC. I would like to try with an archer next as. I didn't have much luck with a melee character myself.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
I tried with my mystic as well dropping RC but it was not hurting it fast enough, if I had two RC's hitting it then I could see that working. Is there anyway to make and RC stronger when you already have the skills 120 focus and 120 mystic?

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Well, apparently if you at GTRleonardo's videos on YouTube. You can solo anything in all of UO. I don't know if he's got another account running just off screen or what but he stands toe to toe with night terror, Stygian dragon etc and doesn't seem to ever go below 100 hp and chains continuous AI's with only 70 mana. I would love for some of you to look at his videos and tell me WTF is going on here.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKUvUZHeyTHN1HUUZ4YnEZg

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
Well, apparently if you at GTRleonardo's videos on YouTube. You can solo anything in all of UO. I don't know if he's got another account running just off screen or what but he stands toe to toe with night terror, Stygian dragon etc and doesn't seem to ever go below 100 hp and chains continuous AI's with only 70 mana. I would love for some of you to look at his videos and tell me WTF is going on here.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKUvUZHeyTHN1HUUZ4YnEZg
Watching the Stygian Dragon video now and other than the fact that I haven't seen him get paralyzed it seems pretty doable. Feint works wonders, really.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
I was talking to a friend today and he said 5 of them took one down, but they had a number of death robes during the fight. I have no idea how good these players were, but I would think two decent players could take one down. Any one here been able to do it solo?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
At least the night terrors should be doable, compared to those Yellow and Blue Balron type mobs on an island on the SW Ter Mur. Those things are just not possible unless you have a bard or 3 or more Greater Dragons. I talked to a player over stratics about them and he was able to kill them with barding skill, actually had like 5 pounding on one of them. He said it took a long time due to them having like 10,000 hit points. They are just plain nasty, not sure why they are even there perhaps for future em events or past ones.

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 30, 2004
Philadelphia
www.sibble.com
Wow, really crazy I found these things for the first time, did a google search when I got it's heart to see what it was and I see this active discussion going on :)

Had no problem soloing this with my sampire. Like I posted in my videos soloing all the Captains during the town invasions, fencing is for tanking, swordsmanship is for deeps. The Leafblade is the best tanking weapon in the game. AI/Feint is all you need to tank anything.

FYI these things have 55,000 hit points and are weakest to fire damage. That is all :)

Reactions: DJAd

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Night Terror has 55,000 hit points?? Thats why it seemed like I was not doing much damage to its health bar. Well if thats the case take that off my list of things to try and kill.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 30, 2004
Philadelphia
www.sibble.com
Night Terror has 55,000 hit points?? Thats why it seemed like I was not doing much damage to its health bar. Well if thats the case take that off my list of things to try and kill.
haha :) According to Enhanced Client, that's how much damage I did last time I killed one (couple hours ago)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
haha :) According to Enhanced Client, that's how much damage I did last time I killed one (couple hours ago)
The total damage recorder thing is soooo cool.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 30, 2004
Philadelphia
www.sibble.com
Aye, I seriously doubt that value is more than 5k I could be wrong, but that's my opinion based on the time I spent to kill it (less than 5 minutes) so IMO they have 50k

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Aye, I seriously doubt that value is more than 5k I could be wrong, but that's my opinion based on the time I spent to kill it (less than 5 minutes) so IMO they have 50k
Hi so you go back and forth between Feint and IA and with Necro leech enough health back to over come the poisen, do you use evade as well?

If you do not mine me asking what skills are you using. I am just getting back to fighting mobs again so its alot of fun trying out the more difficult things to kill. I just need to get use to my hot keys again get my timing down.
BTW good job on killing them!

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 30, 2004
Philadelphia
www.sibble.com
I have 120 Parry and 120 Bushido

Using a 1 handed weapon (leafblade) and you cannot use a shield (if you do you won't parry)

Leaves 1 hand open for Greater Strength, Greater Agility, Greater Healing

50% Enhanced potions

150 Hit Points

Make sure you honor it before you start attacking. If it already blessed itself and you can't honor it because it's not full health, then wait till it is or pick another target. Honoring it is a must.

Skills I use during this encounter:
Armor Ignore, Feint
Keep Enemy of One up 100% of the time
Use evasion when you're at around 60% health, back off and use confidence if you get lower than that.
If you're not using evasion or confidence, keep Counter-Attack up 100% of the time.

I have 0 DCI on my suit which lets me parry more often, thus counter attacking more often, resulting in more damage done and more life leeched.

My suit is also refined to all 75s for extra damage reduction.

Necro will leech enough from hitting with Armor Ignore (should hit for over 100)

I'm in a full studded suit (except for helmet, mace and shields) so I do not need Stamina Leech on my weapon. If I get below 50% health and I need to back off, I'll top my stamina off with Divine Fury. I have to make a correction from what I said earlier. They are weakest to Physical damage (not fire.) Using a physical damage weapon you will not need to use consecrate weapon.

Weapon:
Mana Leech (max)
Life Leech (max)
Swing Speed Increase (max)
Damage Increase (as much needed to get 100% from your suit)
Hit Lower Attack (whatever space is left over)

Last but certainly not least, make sure you're using a swamp dragon armored with a dragon barding deed for extra damage reduction. Keep extra deeds on you.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Thank you for the information I think the most interesting information was concerning the 0 DCI for more parrying with 120 skill. I always thought having both would be more benifical in the long run. I normally have around 60 to 75 parry skill and try and have 30 to 40 DCI after devine fury is cast. With leafblade weapon which is one handed and 120 bushido your blocking a little less due it being one handed, but I understand that the special moves more then makes up for the differance. Plus like you said having one hand free to drink potions when needed is handy. Normally with a bladed staff, AI , honour etc I can hit for between 120 to 190 but it probably hits harder then the leafblade because its two handed. I will give it another go once I practice some more and slap on the necro skill for extra leeching.

I have toyed with the idea of dropping anat and resist and replacing those with foucs and Mystic so I can have an RC to tank it while I pound on it. But it just means running off to recast RC as needed.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
I just have tried those Night Terrors with two my chars. It was relatively easy. The main danger is the Blood Oath (I don't use Pinco's UI at the moment).

With Melee Archer it took about 20 minutes (5 EOO).
With Disco Swordsman it took less than 15 minutes... if deduct time to resurrect ;)

As to "to those Yellow and Blue Balron type mobs on an island on the SW Ter Mur" I use them to test if my char is playable. If he/she isn't able to kill it within 30 minutes I think about what should I change in the template.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
Ohh thx Corwin do use DCI in your template? Would you be able to use a swordsman with out disco, I imagine the answer is yes but it would just take longer due to the high hit points they have. Blood oath is basically the damage that you inflict on the monster is reflected back to you for the damage?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
Yes, I have 30 DCI and 75-75-70-70-80 res.
I have only 105 Bushido because I haven't all proper stuff for my template.
I didn't used Counter Strike.
Yes, Blood Oath does a lot of damage to me because I haven't Resisting Spells. Pinco's UI switchs you to peace mode when Blood Oath is casted on you (preventing this damage).

Here is the video of the first 5 minutes:
As you can see it took me less than 4 minutes to get it from 100% to 64%.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Pinco's UI switchs you to peace mode when Blood Oath is casted on you (preventing this damage).
Hm so scripting is now legal then I take it. If a client mod to protect you from something in game (albeit badly - considering the next spell makes you reflag) is allowed.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
Hm so scripting is now legal then I take it. If a client mod to protect you from something in game (albeit badly - considering the next spell makes you reflag) is allowed.
There was a long discussion about this option in Pinco's UI.

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Can u post a video? Seems to me less than 5 minutes with a leaf blade seems
I just have tried those Night Terrors with two my chars. It was relatively easy. The main danger is the Blood Oath (I don't use Pinco's UI at the moment).

With Melee Archer it took about 20 minutes (5 EOO).
With Disco Swordsman it took less than 15 minutes... if deduct time to resurrect ;)

As to "to those Yellow and Blue Balron type mobs on an island on the SW Ter Mur" I use them to test if my char is playable. If he/she isn't able to kill it within 30 minutes I think about what should I change in the template.
Are running a disco/swords against this balrons's? I provo'd 4 onto 1 disco'do and it still took a long time. That's a video I would lI've to see.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 30, 2004
Philadelphia
www.sibble.com
Can u post a video? Seems to me less than 5 minutes with a leaf blade seems
I'm not using a leaf blade. I suggested using it and said what skills I had for damage mitigation hehe... but I'm not even using fencing I'm using swordsmanship. Bladed Staff. I don't use heal potions either.

I didn't suggest this, because I have the gear to support it.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
I noticed Corwin that you had to run back away from night terror a number of times, looked like to heal and possible discord it. I was trying to kill it by staying there whacking it the whole time, hoping to leech enough through the poison. I think its still possible perhaps placing necro on the temp for extra leeching and refining the use of evasion more often etc. If I went with a mystic/sword using RC (tank first), then come in and whack it and use sleep spell when needed that may take it down faster too.

current
120 sword bladed staff
120 anat
120 resist
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 chiv
60 parry

could go with
120 sword
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 chiv
60 parry
120 mystic
120 focus

or
120 sword
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 chiv
100 resist
99 necro
101 parry

Toughts?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
I noticed Corwin that you had to run back away from night terror a number of times, looked like to heal and possible discord it. I was trying to kill it by staying there whacking it the whole time, hoping to leech enough through the poison. I think its still possible perhaps placing necro on the temp for extra leeching and refining the use of evasion more often etc. If I went with a mystic/sword using RC (tank first), then come in and whack it and use sleep spell when needed that may take it down faster too.
On the video I ran away two times:
1. when it casted Blood Oath on me
2. to drink STR/DEX potions
So it's not a problem. To increase hp leached I could use 100 HLL axe (this one is 81 HLL) and cast Counter Attack. I could have 120 Bushido with a better equipment.
Also I haven't played for a long time and my micro is bad. Theoretically I could cast Remove Curse and drink potions without running away.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 26, 2008
On the video I ran away two times:
1. when it casted Blood Oath on me
2. to drink STR/DEX potions
So it's not a problem. To increase hp leached I could use 100 HLL axe (this one is 81 HLL) and cast Counter Attack. I could have 120 Bushido with a better equipment.
Also I haven't played for a long time and my micro is bad. Theoretically I could cast Remove Curse and drink potions without running away.
Hi corwin I understand about being rusty I really respect your opinions and learn a lot over the years from your posting :).