• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Version 2.1516.0.0 (in Test Center 3 only)

G

<span style="color: #ff0000">PLEASE </span><span style="color: #ff0000"><u>CLICK HERE</u></span><span style="color: #ff0000"> TO BE REDIRECTED TO AN UPDATED VERSION OF 2.1516.0.0 VERSION NOTES.</span>
[/list]
</p>

The Sims Online Version 2.1516.0.0
</p>

This version has been released to Test Center 3 ONLY on November 28 2007
</p>

So this is a big week and lots of changes.
</p>
<ul>
[*]Free Play: Are limited to only one avatar in TC3. If you have more than one avatar now and are a free player it will continue to work but if you delete this character you can not create another. In other words you only can create one.
[*]Name Changes: Fixed in TC3.
[*]Roof View: Fixed in TC3.
[*]Reduced Prices: Food (See Sarah’s blog <span style="color: #78a515">Cost of Food</span>) ,Crafting, and Objects (Including Clothes).
[*]Subscription Bonus: Will start tomorrow 11/29/2007. This will be §100 to free players and §500 to paying players. Not everyone gets paid the same day of the week. It is based upon the day of the week you created your first avatar on the associated account. Don’t panic until a week passes and you have not been paid. Which means you should not panic for a week after you have not been paid. NOTE: §100 for free players may be temporary in TC3 and will not be provided to free players in EALand.
[*]Property Thumbnails: Fixed transparency for web services.
[*]Facebook: You now get in game messages. (See AvatarBook blog <span style="font-size: x-small; color: #0000ff"><u><span style="color: #999999">AvatarBook</span></u><u>)</u></span>
[*]New Logo: (See Sarah’s blog <u><span style="font-size: x-small; color: #0000ff"><span style="color: #78a515">Logo</span>)</span></u>
[*]Additional Land Section: This is opened and bugged. We will be patching later tonight or tomorrow to fix this. If you create in a new land section it WILL be removed. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK UNTIL WE PATCH.
[*]Moves: To and from Test Center to any place other than TC3 are now and forever more disabled. And by forever we me never to occur again. This means as of now you can move from TC to TC3 but no place else ever. As noted before these moves are lot-less and simolean-less. So if you want to keep your lot you should wait for the merge. (see <span style="color: #78a515">Info About Moves</span>)
[*]Catalogue: More items moved to stores.
[*]Custom Content: Re-order of previous items enabled. Price of creation bug fixed.
[*]Graphics Updates: Support enabled for video cards that lack multiple render targets. Speed optimizations. Graphics glitchs fixed.
[/list]

COMING SOON:
</p>
<ul>
[*]One week from today 12/5 free play will be restriced to TC3 and when it opens EALand. This means free players will not be allowed into Alphaville, Blazing Falls, Test Center, Calvins Creek, Dan’s Grove, East Jerome, Fancey Fields, Betaville, Interhogan, Jolly Pines, Dragon’s Cove, or Mount Fuji.
[*]Merge Slot Info: When we merge TC to TC3 you will need to make room for your TC character next week. This means you will need to make available one of your 6 TC3 slots. If you do not one of you avatars will slide out of view from the Select a Sim screen. Which avatar gets hidden is dependent on avatar creation date.

<span class="post"><span style="color: #000000">To report bugs in this version, please post </span><u><span style="color: #0000ff"><span style="color: #000000">here</span></span></u><span style="color: #000000">.</span></span><span style="color: #000000"> </span><span class="post">

<span style="color: #000000">To report disconnection and crash issues only with this version please choose one of the following: </span></span><span style="color: #000000"> </span>
</p>

<span style="color: #000000">Knowledgebase:

1. </span><u><span style="color: #0000ff"><span style="color: #000000">http://eatech.custhelp.com</span></span></u>

<span style="color: #000000">2. Click on "Technical Support"

3. Select your platform from the drop down menu

4. Product: Select "The Sims Online" in the drop down menu

5. Category: Select from the drop down menu which area you would like to search.

6. Search Text: Enter a keyword search for what your particular issue is. If you don't get it at first, keep trying a couple times with different version of the issue in keyword form.

7. Click on "Search"

Email:

1. </span><u><span style="color: #0000ff"><span style="color: #000000">http://eatech.custhelp.com</span></span></u>

<span style="color: #000000">2. Click on "Technical Support"

3. Click on the "Ask a Question" tab

4. Fill out the information needed and feel free to explain as much as you can about your particular issue, because the more information we get the easier it is for us to help resolve your issue.

5. Click on "Submit Question" </span>
</p>
[/list]

G

<blockquote><hr>

means as of now you can move from TC to TC3 but no place else ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that sucks!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe this is in reference to TC and TC3 only. Moves within production cities is not affected at this time.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe this is in reference to TC and TC3 only. Moves within production cities is not affected at this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eep. I hope that's what it means.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eep. I hope that's what it means.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, to my knowledge, it has never been discussed as something that would happen prior to the 'Absorption', and it is not the way the blog entry reads.
I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

G

Where's the beef!

Once again, we have 'Update Lite'.
More things taken away and nothing of substance added.
Free play adjustment? - Party on!
Name changes and roof view fixed? 'bout time, but hardly something new.
Reduced food prices? - My feet can't stop dancin'!!
Subscription bonus? At least they finally commited to a number - a very small number.
Property thumbnails and Facebook? uh... what?
A NEW LOGO!!!!! My heart can't stand the excitement!
Additional land section? - Oops, sorry, it doesn't work.
Moves from TC to TC3.... or... huh? - Yep, we need more confusion, I was just asking for some the other day.

Catalogue items removed - Hey, not *my* idea of a rollicking good time, but maybe others.......
Custom Content re-orders? My fave. Now we can order more of those picsickles without all the hassle.
Graphics updates? Sure, I'll celebrate the correction of an idea that wasn't thot through in the first place.

Well, excuuuuuuuse me for being a little ticked.
For the last 15 weeks (by the Devs count) they have taken things away. But if we had to live on what they gave in return, we all would have starved to death weeks ago.
More than a month ago I asked (in the pub) what kind of fun things we could expect in the new game, and was told not to worry, "There will be plenty of ways to have fun."
Now, here we are just a week from the merge and (presumably) several weeks from the opening of EALand, and we still have virtually NOTHING!
Not only that, but I read on the blog that they haven't really given much thot to the fun aspect, and innocently ask us what we think would be fun!
Excuse me, but weren't you guys working on that already? Didn't you have something in mind when you started this? What about ALL THE OTHER suggestions that have been posted and discussed? Sims 1 items, expansion items? Why ask if you're not paying attention???

And how about this one re Custom Content: Ea claims perpetual rights of ownership to ALL uploaded material.
Yeah, right - I'm sure that's going to inspire all the creators to hurry up and upload their stuff. This is what killed custom content 5 years ago.

I have run the gamut on positions regarding this game - from cynic to cheerleader, to somewhere in between - and now I'm back to cynic. And as far as *I* am concerned, there is dam good reason to be.
The time to concentrate on putting fun back in the game is NOW!
How the HELL do you expect the GAME to be successful if the PLAYERS can't have FUN PLAYING it???!!
No players=no profit! Hello-o!

M

Monkeybear

The new map it worked at first... now it dosn't

When I could see there were about 5 houses created maybe less

Works now..

I moved my house to a sand island and it's still grass

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where's the beef!

Once again, we have 'Update Lite'.
More things taken away and nothing of substance added.
Free play adjustment? - Party on!
Name changes and roof view fixed? 'bout time, but hardly something new.
Reduced food prices? - My feet can't stop dancin'!!
Subscription bonus? At least they finally commited to a number - a very small number.
Property thumbnails and Facebook? uh... what?
A NEW LOGO!!!!! My heart can't stand the excitement!
Additional land section? - Oops, sorry, it doesn't work.
Moves from TC to TC3.... or... huh? - Yep, we need more confusion, I was just asking for some the other day.

Catalogue items removed - Hey, not *my* idea of a rollicking good time, but maybe others.......
Custom Content re-orders? My fave. Now we can order more of those picsickles without all the hassle.
Graphics updates? Sure, I'll celebrate the correction of an idea that wasn't thot through in the first place.

Well, excuuuuuuuse me for being a little ticked.
For the last 15 weeks (by the Devs count) they have taken things away. But if we had to live on what they gave in return, we all would have starved to death weeks ago.
More than a month ago I asked (in the pub) what kind of fun things we could expect in the new game, and was told not to worry, "There will be plenty of ways to have fun."
Now, here we are just a week from the merge and (presumably) several weeks from the opening of EALand, and we still have virtually NOTHING!
Not only that, but I read on the blog that they haven't really given much thot to the fun aspect, and innocently ask us what we think would be fun!
Excuse me, but weren't you guys working on that already? Didn't you have something in mind when you started this? What about ALL THE OTHER suggestions that have been posted and discussed? Sims 1 items, expansion items? Why ask if you're not paying attention???

And how about this one re Custom Content: Ea claims perpetual rights of ownership to ALL uploaded material.
Yeah, right - I'm sure that's going to inspire all the creators to hurry up and upload their stuff. This is what killed custom content 5 years ago.

I have run the gamut on positions regarding this game - from cynic to cheerleader, to somewhere in between - and now I'm back to cynic. And as far as *I* am concerned, there is dam good reason to be.
The time to concentrate on putting fun back in the game is NOW!
How the HELL do you expect the GAME to be successful if the PLAYERS can't have FUN PLAYING it???!!
No players=no profit! Hello-o!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok - so they brought back increased payouts for multiple sims on single job objects.
So maybe I'll forgive them for a little while.

G

I tested it too, and moved my lot to a water-edged grass lot...but there was no water when I landed.

Now, I do not have enough cash to move again....so I am stuck on a lot, 8k more, than the base price ones....but looks no different.....and I gave up a water-edged *sand lot to do it.....

lol....ain't testing fun!

*for you bargain hunters, there is now a §4500 water/sand lot, available...on one of the small central islands....

G

Please see HERE for updated Version Notes for Version 2.1516.0.0. Some information above may not be up to par. Thank you.

G

Thank you Mike!
My second favorite reporter.

If you fire DJ Froggie you could be first. I Just love him bunches