• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Vernal Equinox Is Upon Us / From The Desk Of Lady Lava

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni

<center>

FROM THE DESK OF LADY LAVA .....</center>

<BLOCKQUOTE>Four times a year, usually with the change of each season I bring you, " From The Desk of Lady Lava ". With the Vernal Equinox upon us, a.k.a. the first day of Spring, this week seems like the perfect time to post it. For those of the readers that may not know, the Vernal Equinox is the day the sun crosses directly over the equator.

<center>I would like to start this edition by saying HAPPY SPRING to everyone!

</center>

"From the Desk of", gives me the opportunity to give a little personal insight into myself, other people and topics that may not warrant an entire article or are off topic.

Spring, Easter and St. Patricks Day all have fallen very close to one another this year. Recently on Great Lakes I featured Spring and Easter decor with player Dai's Easter decor hitting a high note. She did a hopping good job.
St Patty's was featured also. Below is a screenshot sent in by Zynia of Great Lakes on St. Patty's Day as she expressed her holiday green and good luck in Moonglow.Though the holiday is past I wanted to share this with our readers.

<center>
</center>

The creative people of Catskills sent in no screenshots this season so I took is upon myself to venture far and wide looking for Easter or Spring decor and I came up empty handed I am sad to say. Though I did come across many lovely gardens and water features, no pastel or spring inspirations did my eyes feast upon.

Determined I went to heavily populated areas on Catskills and still no luck. I just know there is a great holiday design out there! I thought for sure MOP would have done something special at one of thier plots.

<center>
</center>

I did run into Brother Taik of GRIT which I have spoken to in the past. He sent out pigeons asking for Spring/Easter plots and he came up empty handed also. Thank you again Brother Taik for your efforts.

<center>
</center>

Always on the look out for designs and plots using rubble....yes I do have a rubble addiction, I found one on Catskills during my deco hunt. I admit my addiction and do not try and hide it.

<center>
</center>

At this time I would like to stray away from Spring for a moment.
A long time player by the name of Dragons Desyre is leaving us.
She works all day at a computer in real life. Her job combined with gaming is taking its toll. Both her hands and wrists are being damaged and her doctor informed her she needs to give up gaming or have permanent damage. I know the sore aching feeling from gaming for hours all to well. I call it "mouse abuse". Many players have informed me over the years that they have had to take breaks from UO to give thier hands a rest.

Dragons Desyre like most, if not all, of us have fond memories in the realm. Rather than sell her very loaded account she is giving it to a new player hoping she makes/creates a fond memory for them.
Very generous of you Dragons Desyre, and my best to you and your health!

Most of our readers, mainly Great Lakers, have noticed I have not been posting as many articles the past few months as usual. Real life and a new beau have gotten in the way. There may be stretches in the future that I may not post for a week but then I will post several articles in one day. Do not think I have forgotten about you because that would never happen.

Not only have I been enjoying spring time in the realm. I live in the desert of southern California and things are in full bloom here. Below is a tree in bloom that I see out my bedroom window. I took this photograph last week.

<center>
</center>

Looking outside my window has not been enough for me this spring. We have had more than usual rainfall here so the desert is in full bloom. I took a two hour drive this past weekend to the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park to see and take photos of the flowers. I would like to share two of those photos with you. To learn more about this wonderful state park go to www.theabf.org

<center>

</center>

For those of you that celebrate Easter have a happy one and may your spring be filled with warmth and love.

Fondly, Lady Lava

p.s. keep those decor and rubble screenshots coming my way