• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS:] Traveling Bard's Night at the Que's Tavern Results

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A full house of people gathered Saturday night in Que’s Tavern to listen to aspiring bards, poets, and storytellers work at their arts entertaining those gathered and maybe if they were good enough, to leave with a bit more gold in their pouches. In total eight people stepped up and shared stories and poems about the subject of the evening, Tales of Feathers, Fur and Scales.

The three individuals chosen to judge the nights contestants were Alyssia Kanath(RoH), Izznet Hunar(V^B) and special guest EM Kasaven, and they had a very difficult choice to make with all the fine tales that they had to hear.

Dedigan(UP): Told a poem about Flotsam and Jetsam a pair of Bake Kitsunes.
Akuma(MgKA): Told the tale of herself, two pirates and a talking sea serpent.
Sarda(UP): Told the tale of a friend named Blade and the summoned creature he battled.
Va’lis Razele(H-D): Did a tribute to the mysteries of dragons.
Anna The Pirate: Told a tale of a chick that was possessed by an Poultrygeist.
Chryssie Solic: Told the tale of an Coyote and a Snail.
Faris(RoH): Told the tale of the Boy Who Drew Cats.
Maceo(TAFC): Told the short tale of Beasts, Birds and Bats.

After a very long period of deliberation the judges returned and the winners were announced.

3rd place and 175,000 gold crowns went to Va’lis Razele(H-D)
2nd place and 325,000 gold crowns went to Faris(RoH)
1st place and 500,000 gold crowns went to Anna The Pirate who mesmerized the crowd with her tale of that possessed Chick and its surprise ending.

Thom Emperor of the Purple Guardians of HONOR(PGoH) announced that the next Traveling Bards Night will be at the “Knight's Rest Tavern” on next Saturday, time and topic will be announced soon, and anyone that won in last night’s event or last weeks event will be allowed entry in the champions tournament when bard's night returns to Galehaven.
A special thanks goes out to Que’s Tavern for letting all of us visit you for an evening.

M

Moonwynd

This sounds like it was alot of fun. I remember going to one of these a few years ago on Sonoma. It was alot of fun. I think I got a gift bag o' goodies for my story.
Anyway, I hope to be able to attend a future Bard's Night. Couldn't make it last night though... was babysitting my 1 yr old granddaughter.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best part, in my never so humble opinion, was that the winner, Anna the Pirate, did not just one, but two encores with new stories.

I'm glad everyone could make it. Next time, however, I need a better bribe for the judges.

-Dedigan (UP)