• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Town Hall Broadcast

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Town Hall Broadcast
Jeremy Dalberg
29 Aug 2008 22:16:02 EST

Thanks to our friends at Whispering Rose Radio, tomorrow's Town Hall meeting will be broadcast live! See below the jump for details on how to join in:

If you're not able to be there in person then join the rest of the staff for 'party-time' fun at the special WRR Dave & Busters site located on Lake Superior. Bring your ‘dying to know questions’ and we will submit them for you!

Click here:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/WRRAD.EVENTS/SLVU5TIJgRI/AAAAAAAAAO4/XwAU7PAp_kM/s800/LS_DB_8_30_08.jpg

for location map starting at 3pm Pacific. *If you’re not able to be in game or at the UO Town Hall a tape of the broadcast will be available on UOForums.

LISTEN TO WHISPERING ROSE RADIO (WRR)

Two ways to tune in: Go to the front page of WWR

OR underneath the green buttons you will see our "embedded player". Just click on the play arrow button to activate the player. (May need to click the arrow more then once)

Inside of the "On Air Now" box there are 2 green buttons. One for stereo and one for mono.

D

Der Rock

Town Hall Broadcast
Jeremy Dalberg
29 Aug 2008 22:16:02 EST

Thanks to our friends at Whispering Rose Radio, tomorrow's Town Hall meeting will be broadcast live! See below the jump for details on how to join in:

If you're not able to be there in person then join the rest of the staff for 'party-time' fun at the special WRR Dave & Busters site located on Lake Superior. Bring your ‘dying to know questions’ and we will submit them for you!

Click here:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/WRRAD.EVENTS/SLVU5TIJgRI/AAAAAAAAAO4/XwAU7PAp_kM/s800/LS_DB_8_30_08.jpg

for location map starting at 3pm Pacific. *If you’re not able to be in game or at the UO Town Hall a tape of the broadcast will be available on UOForums.

Two ways to tune in: Go to the front page of WWR

OR underneath the green buttons you will see our "embedded player". Just click on the play arrow button to activate the player. (May need to click the arrow more then once)

Inside of the "On Air Now" box there are 2 green buttons. One for stereo and one for mono.

ok, here it is the 08.30.08 at 16.45
can someone tell me at wich time we can expect the first information about the townhall here on stratics, midnight or later?
thx

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, here it is the 08.30.08 at 16.45
can someone tell me at wich time we can expect the first information about the townhall here on stratics, midnight or later?
thx
The Town Hall is not supposed to start until 3 PM Pacific Time, so I would guess you could tune in sometime before that.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly suprised due to the problems they had ingame last week...
Glad to be able to tune in and hear the news....

K

Kith Kanan

could we get that in GMT , it being 20:24 in Denmark at GMT+1 right now

G

Gwendar-SP

Good thing she isn't giving that site out in game - hate to see jeremy banned *grin*

K

Kith Kanan

personal attack where ???? complaining that some EA jobs are getting done poorly ... I'll admit to that

N

Nosuperiors_Damnfewequals

would it make a difference ???
You disagree with EA policy, fine. But in my opinion these attacks on Jeremy are getting way over the line.
To a certain extent, I feel for Jeremy.
On one hand, a bit of respect should be shown to anyone in the position.
On the other hand, we have a Community Coord who the community hardly sees or hears from, a laison who doesn't appear to laiase, the one who should communicate between us and the team, who doesn't communicate.

Personal attack on Jeremy, no. Dismay and disgust with the job that she's doing, yeah.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is, Jeremy is good at gathering information and researching, but she is not good at chatting. I can feel for her on that aspect - I am a part of a mother's community where I only post if I have information or answers for someone. I don't do idle chatter for the sake of idle chatter very well.

However, being in the position she is, she needs to try. People loved CatHat ... not that he posted alot of information (tho he DID sometimes do that), but he was out here, being a PART of the community. Draconi was the same way, tho I suspect that in his new position as Live Lead he is a bit too busy now for that. But being a part of the community is actually Jeremy's job ...

Entering into a "What is your favorite part of UO" discussion would be a good thing for her. As would taking the time to answer/address the silly little questions like "Why can't I buy Alchemy up past 30". She could jump in and simply say "Ah, you are right. I will put that on my list of skills that need trainers in New Haven".

D

DeadMeat

What if I want to listen in but don't want ANOTHER tool bar installed on IE? Can I do that?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i used the "in stereo" option and it brought up the windows media player ...

C

Caelas

OMG this feed sounds like CRAP...static...Jeremy repeating herself...wow...

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone call the Time Lord ... they seem to have encountered a temporal loop :)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds verrrrry fuzzy! "Pull the high end out!" as said in Family Guy

K

Kith Kanan

ROFL online farting and a speaker that sounds like mickey mouse !!!!!

C

Caelas

oh thank god it isn't just me

working now! I think?

or not....repeating...

K

Kith Kanan

i hear expansion and gargyles.. new magic system for gargyles.. new weapon systems trowing.....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What sucks is that 10 minutes after tuning in, a catastrophic failure in my cable provider's hardware took down both my internet and my cable for 7+ hours. took them till after midnight to get replacement equipment from their central office a county away and installed. Here's hoping that the repairs clear up some of the lag I've had...