• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Tirnua: Luc Barthelet's Brave New World

L

LordDeath

I just can't get excited until I know what the game will be, all we have now is a name, to me that's hardly anything to get excited about.

I'd love to see the game, be a game like WoW or Diablo II, now that would be something that would get me excited.

Mavric

Not me, I'm not into killing (meaning not getting my @$$ kicked be 14yos)!

G

Guy La'Deuce

Yes! Lee Fancey is there! Woot! :party: Parizad isnt there... yet... ? lol Hopefully she will join them when she's done with EA :rant2: $#@%^#@ Company!

Yup yup! I'm ready for some action now! :popcorn: LOL

It is truly great to see the team get back together, but realistically I don't think Parizad will be able to join the team. I'm not saying she doesn't WANT to, but she is much younger than those who joined Tirnua (Sorry Lee, Luc, et al) and probably doesn't have as large of a nest egg as the others. I seriously doubt Luc's new venture can offer benefits, job security, and other perks compared to EA.

K

Katheryne

But he will always be known as 'Luc Barthelet, the guy who killed TSO', regardless of whether people want to blame it on EA or not. He was the one in charge of the project, so ultimately he has to take the rap for his and his teams failure to deliver their promises.
Not by me. Luc Barthelet was the person who tried (albeit unsuccessfully) to save TSO. He may not have been entirely successful, but at least he managed to extend its life by more than a year.

No, the person who truly has earned and fully deserves the title of "the [person] who killed TSO" is Nancy Smith.

T

TheCookieFamily

As I have noticed about my web the past few months:

TSO is closing
Tirnua will open soon
.Mac e-mail and web site service is going away
Stratics got bugged

Why did it all wait to now to change. Y Y Y >.>

A

ajdown@jp

Life happens.

The only thing that never changes, is things will chage.

C

CherryBomb

Katheryne, Nancy Smith couldn't possibly have killed TSO. I doubt if she knows how to find it.

For TirNua, I am pinning my hopes on the simulation. If it is just a place to pin up your graphics creations for other people to look at, I will have no interest. (I never could understand how the creative types in SL and such could find anyone willing to pay them real money for that stuff, but I guess they do.) I see a lot of potential in an environment-based simulation, and Luc is good at that sort of thing. IMO, the EALand makeover was a botched job, but mostly because they had TSO to start with, not because of incompetence. I always wondered why they didn't start from scratch to begin with.

G

Gilly

...and longer lasting chat bubbles and a chat history/log, too, I hope! :p

LOL...that reminded me of trying to follow chat in TSO beta. :D

T

TheCookieFamily

Nancy Smith = video game killer?
Video game = Nancy Smith killer?

Maybe the game just killed Nancy and that's why EA must execute the game. And that's the end of the pecking order, because no one can kill EA except aliens. Big fat aliens...

C

culbert123

Woo-hoo! Will there finally be cream bear suits for Monkey??

I have to say that I dig the Rainbow Sinead that Luc designed!

K

Katheryne

I laughed myself silly when I found out that one of the *townies* in Sims 2 is a Nancy Smith.....:loser:
Ooooh, I did not know that! :blushing:

I will have to find her next time I'm playing Sims 2. I have special plans for her! :eyes:

J

Jonny159

I cannot wait for this game. Let's pray and hope it isn't a replica of Second Life. :danceb:

M

MsStathamSim

Ooooh, I did not know that! :blushing:

I will have to find her next time I'm playing Sims 2. I have special plans for her! :eyes:
There was a Nancy Smith in EALand the last night it was open, at Stratics Goodbye House. She was saying things like "what is this place?" and "what's going on?" and "I don't get it...you look like sims but you're speaking on your own!" We all took turns piledriving her, then tried to set her on fire.

E

exotic1619

I just hope that the rules do not distort the free will of the players to decide when the parameters are too restricting. I also hope the developers leave wiggle room for direction change by admin folks if the game becomes unfun is some way/s/ unknown beforehand...

M

MiamiFan

Hi i say bring back Ea-Land I'm going nuts with out it biting my nails I feel dead without it was the only thing that kept me going I'm happy your working on a new game I feel Ea screwed you over Luc you made Ea Land / The Sims Online you should have the rights to keep it no Stupid Ea well I'm depressed going nuts I miss talking to you Lee who ever els on Aim yahoo what ever good luck with the new game how this one don't get screwed =[ I miss my Cherri Bear I miss my Chef and Toby and Erik and Grizzy Bear

M

MiamiFan

I'll never trust EA again as far as Nacey Smith I don't know her for ever who picked to close EA land EA you can kiss my white ass as for Luc and the team your all good people who just got kicked in the ass by EA I hope Ea goes under so far that you never even remeber the name i hope they lose all there money and all there games take a nose dive St8t to Hell LOL

K

Katheryne

I realize many of us here are former sims, and that many of us still have feelings about EA-Land's closing. However, this forum is for discussing TirNua. I realize some crosstalk is inevitable, but let's please try to keep this on topic, and continue any EA-Land related discussion in the Sims Online forums.

T

TSOTori

I just can't get excited until I know what the game will be, all we have now is a name, to me that's hardly anything to get excited about.

I'd love to see the game, be a game like WoW or Diablo II, now that would be something that would get me excited.

Mavric
Pahleeeeaze! Don't we have enough shooting killing hunting games out there??? Sims Online was a One-of-a-kind game and would love something similar to it - relaxing kick back have some laughs kind of game.
Enough with the killing, :talktothehand: it's too depressing :bored:

S

Simone Valentino

Pahleeeeaze! Don't we have enough shooting killing hunting games out there??? Sims Online was a One-of-a-kind game and would love something similar to it - relaxing kick back have some laughs kind of game.
Enough with the killing, :talktothehand: it's too depressing :bored:
I am okay without guns. :gun:

It would be nice to be able to piledrive someone. Without asking them if it is okay first. LOL I really like that interaction! A flame thrower would be neat. :flame:
Has anyone asked for sharp sticks yet? :twak:
I don't want to kill anyone. Just want to play with them. ;)

hmmm
Why is this smiley :coco: called coco? that is just cuckoo!

G

Gracie Nito

Well if there are no guns in Tirnua we can always hope for dangerous pesticides, toxic waste and barrels of oil to spill. :)

G

Gilly

Well if there are no guns in Tirnua we can always hope for dangerous pesticides, toxic waste and barrels of oil to spill. :)

Not to mention, eco cops, tree huggers putting spikes in trees and green peace protester ramming ships......

Wow...this could be full of combat! :p

(just teasing Tori! Don't hit me....:D)

P

Palin

Here's a couple screenies of the first day in Tirnua, posted with Luc's permission. :)

He says coming soon pie menues and Purple Hair!! Woot! :danceb:

Link to the community center to try it out: http://www.tirnua.com/static/game/CommunityCenter.html

Luc says it will be open all the time.

After lookin at these first pics of the Tirnua community center (that's what it is, right?)... all I can think of is the Stepford Wives! lol

In all honesty, I'm keepin my eye on Tirnua and am really hoping that this will be the game that so many of us are waiting for. Only time will tell. I'm glad to see that Luc started his own company and I wish him and his team the very best.

Palin aka Karma Sutra

L

Luc

well, those pictures do feel old.
It is nice to see this thread though. I hope users like the new simulation we have in Tirnua now.

A

Atlas of Tirnua

Wow, yeah, old picture! :roll:
We need to update this place, as I posted ages ago in this forum! :p