• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Tirnua: Luc Barthelet's Brave New World

A

Aster

Luc Barthelet has started a website for a new virtual world project called Tirnua.
The Stratics news article can be found here.
Tirnua's website is here.

A

Aster

*takes off Stratics TSO hat*

*jumps up and down*
*prints picture of Luc on color laser jet*
*kisses picture*
*looks up Tirnua's land address to send team banana bread*
*jumps up and down again*

Some out there are going to be happy about this bit of info. Some will be angry or indifferent. Some don't know and don't care about Luc.

But me, I'm excited :D

*puts back on Stratics TSO hat*
*wanders away to do stuffs*

D

debslee

I am so thrilled I cant tell you and I hope that when TSO closes its doors, that this community will rally round and support Luc and his team, cause this screams "potential"!
Fantastic news!:thumbup1:

G

Greenfield

I wish the best of luck to Luc and his teams development efforts. I surely hope the former TSO players will follow and help get OUR new world established. ParrotHead will be there from day one :)

C

CherryBomb

He's about due for a success. I will def keep an eye on it.

CherryBomb

A

ajdown@jp

What short memories you all have, and how forgiving you all are.

G

Gilly

What short memories you all have, and how forgiving you all are.
Neither of the above....we are just able to distinquish between the creative talent and the corporate mind hive, when viewing the outcome of TSO/EAL. :bored:

C

Cherri Bear

So true Gilly.

I will check out this new one for sure.

Oh, and GRINCHY.... :heart: heheh... I Support The Right To Arm Bears :gun:

K

Katheryne

Niki pointed me to that site Friday evening. I am really excited about this! I think it will be amazing what this can become, NOT being under the corporate mindset at EA (I had much more colorful comments on Friday, that I dare not repeat here).

I am soooo there! Hell, I'll even boot into Windows to run the client when it's released!

P

Palin

Neither of the above....we are just able to distinquish between the creative talent and the corporate mind hive, when viewing the outcome of TSO/EAL. :bored:

Yeah, what Gilly said... EA closed down TSO, not Luc.

I'll be keepin my eye on that site... I'm rather excited, and I hope Luc makes a successful game that makes EA croak! :thumbup1:

T

TSOTori

OMG OMG OMG!!!! Wooooooooot!! I am very much there - thank you Luc!!!
*Rushes into EA Land to give the news to all*

www.tirnua.com/ woooooot!!

T

Takeru Ijitsu

I'm soooo busting the door down to get into the early Alpha tests :3

:lol:

C

culbert123

I'm curious to see if we may know anyone else on his "already committed team"...... :popcorn:

C

Caley n Fleas

I want to be a beta to Luc's Tirnua, how does one sign up?

M

MonkeyPantz

me too I cant wait im sure it will be a great game !!! I want to be the first one to play the game haha

C

Cuddles

:stir:I am soooooooooooooo looking forward to what Luc is brewing up.
I would love to be part of it! I need to be part of the action. :popcorn:

I want to be a beta tester!!!!!!!!!!:grouphug:Love to all Cuddles

T

Takeru Ijitsu

... and who gave us all the promises that failed to materialise? Luc, not EA.
EA never backed Luc up. If EA had given Luc more time for the team to upgrade the graphics, you'd see a boatload of people return to the game. But EA gave him ~2 months to make the game profitable... Four years of neglect (On EA's part) can't be corrected in a few months...

:stretcher:

M

MonkeyPantz

its not Lucs fault AT ALL! .. He didnt have enough time to change the whole game .. it takes a lil more than 6 months to improve an OLD game with OLD code.

O

Oakley Latrellia

I dont know about you all but when it comes down to it. All that i was ever told was what they hoped for the game. I was never given any promises about what the game was gonna become by Luc. As a matter of fact the only promises that were ever made to me were made by ea in there Amensty letters they sent out to me. With there name big as you please. I never recieved any promises from Luc. Just broken dreams from ea

T

TSOTori

Me too! Me too! :D Can't wait for the Beta days LOL *waiting, waiting....waiting some more.... tapping fingers waiting some more....Checks website again, waiting some more.... *giggles*

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waves at Niki* Hey maybe we will se each other there. Also What ever Luc needs I am there yea.:lol:

*Waves back* I'll be there with bells on.

As to AJ, dude give it up. Luc and team tried their best, they aren't at fault any more then you are....of course we'd be happy to blame you anyway.

M

MonkeyPantz

*Waves back* I'll be there with bells on.

As to AJ, dude give it up. Luc and team tried their best, they aren't at fault any more then you are....of course we'd be happy to blame you anyway.
You are so right nikki .. I miss talking to you in EA land :(

me -> Maxiilion MonkeyPantz just in case u dont know who i am haha

L

LFancey

You are so right nikki .. I miss talking to you in EA land :(

me -> Maxiilion MonkeyPantz just in case u dont know who i am haha
Hiya Max,

Nice web site for Tirnua. I just registered and I passed around the link to the office. I will see if I can get a few of them over there to register. We are pretty busy but I am sure I can convince em.

Cheers,

Lee

E

EgtBallShark

I would love to see what it's gonna be like. Please keep us posted with new info!!

M

MonkeyPantz

Of course we will you should also join the new community some of the developers post there. So join the community to make sure you get the latest news ! = )

S

SnowAngel

Thanks for the link Aster!

Me :D<--------- one of the signature challenged lol.

D

debslee

*Does Cabbage Patch dance* Woot Ive joined up - TirNua_Gal ! Thanks Monkey Pantz.

J

Juniper Skye

Did I miss the part where someone explained what this game is about? Is it another version of THERE or SL?

D

DjFroggie

I def think stratics should open a message board for this new game ;)

M

MonkeyPantz

Did I miss the part where someone explained what this game is about? Is it another version of THERE or SL?
its a whole new game and Luc and his team will be smart enough to do something new they wont come up with a SL copy !

D

dianj

I would imagine that Luc and Lee would style this new game after TSO, being that there is a market for such a game and there is nothing else like it available.

At least thats what im hoping ... :lol: