• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Tick! Tock!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taken from: The Golden Brew Tavern

Tick! Tock!

Sunday, July 19, 2009
By EMSeppo

Hail,

Loyal citizens of Britannia,

I have a rather disconcerting news to share with all of you. Captain Nystad, the one that you have grown to trust and confide in, has been found guilty of high treason.

Several weeks ago, the Royal guards uncovered a plot to overthrow the ruling council of the land. Upon investigation, much to our chagrin, we discovered Aino Nystad to be at the helm of this unsavory plot. She has been working hand-in-hand with the rebels who would have us be divided into many small pieces, much to the delight of our greater foes.

People like Aino Nystad must pay a heavy price for their actions. If there was ever another amongst us that had plans for similar machinations, then they would look back to this day and be discouraged.

The actions of Aino Nystad are a capital offense. As such, her punishment will also be capital. With a heavy heart, I announce that less than a week from now, Aino Nystad – the shamed captain of the guards – will be executed.

Guardian of virtues,

Protector of people,

Lord Casca

Notes:

1) Few people have asked me if the event that was announced yesterday is in place now. The answer is yes.

2) The only hint I will give you is that you need to talk with thief-master using the word “Task” and then refer to the rumor provided by Yosh, The Town Guard, to get started. Besides that, it might be worthwhile to read this post that I saw on Baja Stratic Forums. There is some relevant lore and background information that could prove to be useful.

3) It is not always possible to accurately gauge the difficulty of such events. However, I believe that if you do not work together – you will likely fail! The plot will move on either way! Does anyone know a good name for an executioner? *grins*

4) Remember to turn in a summary of your quest. If you managed to achieve some measure of success, the thief-master will likely reward you with a notoriety point. Please state your character name in the summary using the feedback. If you are not certain what character name you used in a previous thief-master event, then refer to the book next to him.

5) The event will require you to visit both facets. There are not that many “hoops” to jump but each hoop can be fairly difficult.

Y

Yalp

5) The event will require you to visit both facets. There are not that many “hoops” to jump but each hoop can be fairly difficult.
I hope this is not another effort set up as a gank fest of blues.. has anyone gotten to the point of getting to the fel part? I hate to ask for details, as those reds who are not already in place to gank anyone attempting to complete the task will be given the knowledge of it and be there. I'd rather let Lady Aino loose her head than be lambs for the slaughter.

Y

Yalp

Here's the info I have so far. it's not much grant you.

Talked to Thief Master in sewers... He says help Aino's brother Kullervo find ways to neutralize the anti-mag crstals.

Yosh the guard says Kullervo was almost caught at the lyceum while reading, he fell asleep.

Lyceum. no sign of Kullervo but a book on blackrock written by Finneus Crick is on the shelf.

... and there my trail runs cold.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try asking about Finneus Crick and his "study". Also, his "lab" might be of interest to you.

I'm in the Fel part now, and it's a pretty quiet area. This isn't an area with any Champ spawns around so there's zero interest in it as a PvP area.

EDIT: It's a very safe area. I didn't bother to check exactly where on map I was, but it's an area no one I know of has ever been to.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erwin has very useful information and he points you to books by Vigenere which can be found in the Lycaeum library. If you need help finding the secret lab Yalp, just let me know. Sphinx and I entered it tonight after a grueling day (but sooooooo much fun) of finding clues and talking with NPC's.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bazer, were you playing when we were going to T2A to that area where we could raise our skills quickly? Anyway, the entrance is nearby in a grassy area. It's more west of it and just a little north. I am speaking about the Trammel side so if you're looking in Fel, I can't help you. Have you spoken with Erwin at the Lycaeum? Have you read the books by Vignere on decoding messages? Those really are necessary if you're wanting to do this quest without someone telling you how to enter the secret lab. PM me if you just want to get inside since I don't want to ruin other player's fun.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bazer, were you playing when we were going to T2A to that area where we could raise our skills quickly? Anyway, the entrance is nearby in a grassy area. It's more west of it and just a little north. I am speaking about the Trammel side so if you're looking in Fel, I can't help you. Have you spoken with Erwin at the Lycaeum? Have you read the books by Vignere on decoding messages? Those really are necessary if you're wanting to do this quest without someone telling you how to enter the secret lab. PM me if you just want to get inside since I don't want to ruin other player's fun.
Yea, I was thinking the same thing. The event ends on the 24th, and I'd hate to just give away the secrets to this.

Btw, just wanted to point out, there is no "entrance" on the Fel side. Trust me, I looked all night till my eyes were watery haha

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
As the 2nd pair of tired eyes that looked last night in Felucca T2A for an entrance, let me tell you - heed SuperKen's post above.

WildStar

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea waS looking in fell t2a

plus erwin says its in fell

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grins* Once you get inside the secret lab, you are on the Fel side as far as I can tell.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea waS looking in fell t2a

plus erwin says its in fell
lol Yea, Erwin screwed me over too. Guess I should have suspected it when he said that this wasn't a place for rumor mongering.

Damn naturalists.

*shakes fist in anger*

EDIT: Someone told me where the entrance in Fel can be found. It leads to the same exact place though, so it's not only easier to find in Trammel, but probably recommended if you don't want to run into any PKs.