• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]"They Be After Me Lucky Charms!"

B

Baja News

They Be After Me Lucky Charms!
By WarderDragon

'Tis there's the stone that whoever kisses
He never misses to grow eloquent;
'Tis he may clamber to a lady's chamber,
Or become a member of Parliament.
"A noble spouter he'll sure turn out, or
An out and outer to be let alone;
Don't try to hinder him, or to bewilder him,
For he is a pilgrim from the Blarney stone."

- Francis Sylvester Mahony, On the Blarney Stone.

On Wednesday the 17th, Fergus the (apparently not so lucky) Leprechaun urgently summoned the Citizens of Britannia and the Independents to the Offices of Master Seppo and Crysania. (Why there? Maybe it's because they're Green?) He explained with a fright that the Blarney Stone, an ancient charm of great power and good fortune, had been stolen by a band of marauding fiends. Naturally, he would need our help to find the misplaced artifact.

But of course there was a caveat. We would have to search for it naked.

Lemme git this straight ye want me ta take off my clothes n run about th' countryside chasin' after unknown angry creatures' who more'n likely will git a good laugh outta my sorry old carcass afore they make miner jerky outta me?

Sounds like a hoot!

- Thorin Ironbeard of the Golden Knights

So naked and slathered in oil we proceeded from that Meeting Hall; our gallant band looking less like a vanguard of warriors prepared to embark on a perilous quest, and more like a parade sponsored by Church of Xelism.

Fergus, with a sadistic gleam in his eye that suggested we would be clothed in death robes by the end of the evening (because we all know Leprechauns are sadists) opened his portal to a place where the sun hadn't shined in many years.

We fought our way down through the Dungeon Hythloth, avoiding the Gargoyles and Demons that inhabit the place, until at last we discovered the Blarney Stone in a meeting room guarded by the Collector of Souls.

Once we defeated the Balron and his Cohorts, Fergus (the unhygienic scoundrel) instructed us to kiss the stone to receive our reward and then return to New Britain through his Lucky Green-but-no-so-Green Moongate.

But contrary to the myth, kissing the Blarney Stone didn't yield good fortune or wit; but a pair of notoriously comfortable green boots. They're not Air Urlik's, but I suppose they'll do.

When we returned, the Leprechaun thanked us for our efforts, sang a tune of thanks, and wished us well.

May love and laughter light your days,
And warm your hearts and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
Wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
With joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
Bring the best to you and yours!...

- Fergus the Leprechaun

More...

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie