• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The United Pirates return to Britannia

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey hey fellow Catskillians!

I've received this message from Hawkeye Pike of the United Pirates:
<blockquote>Lock up yer treasure! Lock up yer wives! Lock all yer doors or ye won't stay alive! The biggest and oldest pirate crew on Catskills is on the loose again, plundering towns and ambushing tavelers and adventurers. The local authorities are helpless and have to rely on brave citizens to face the threat.

Detailed information about the United Pirates, their goals, and where to find them, can be gleaned on our website at:
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/>http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/</a>

Remark:
We encourage all roleplaying and non-roleplaying guilds to more interaction. This can cover common events, alliances and guild wars. We have a few rules for pvp (no mindless killing on sight, no looting), and our motto is: Keep it simple and make it fun!

We will celebrate our return by holding a FIGHTING CONTEST at our hideout, the Jolly Roger Inn in Trammel (see map for directions). On Saturday, April 12th at 5 pm EST (11 pm CET/European time), all pirates and pirate aspirants are invited to come to the Jolly Roger Inn to prove their combat abilities! We'll be holding a fighting contest to declare the most dreaded pirate. Our hideout will be re-furnished specifically for the event. The rules of the Pub Brawl are:

Ye cannot use own equipment! Armor and weapons of GM quality will be supplied, to make sure that not the pirate with the best artifacts wins.
Jewelry, talismans and other items improving yer fighting abilities are not allowed!
Ye can bring and use any kind and number of potions, and as many bandages and reagents as ye like.
No mounts! Hooves will ruin the floor boards of the inn! Fights will be held on foot.
Each participant will duel each! Last man (or woman) standig wins the fight. When we're through, the three best fighters will face each other in duels.
Any kind of fighting tactics are allowed! Whatever abilities yer skills offer may be used in the duel. However, ye may not leave the fighting area until the winner of a duel is determined.
The prize: Each contestant should pay an amount of at least 10,000 gold pieces into the combat cash box. (If someone can't afford that much, he can pay less. More rich pirates will compensate the rest.) The winner takes it all!
The winner of the contest will be granted the title "Swashbuckler", until he is beat by another pirate in the next Pub Brawl event.
If ye are late, ye still may join into our contest, as long as we haven't finished the first round (each fights each).</blockquote>

He included this map with the message:

Sounds like it may be a Jolly good time.
Sahra Swift

G

Yay! More pirates!

((Switches to IC as Alira))

*eyes narrow, muttering softly* More Damn pirates... pain in my...

I

imported_captainobvious

yay, pirates are like bacon. they just make everything better. ill try to go watch at least.

heh, have to ask though. since when does a real pirate use magic/reagents??? lol

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

<blockquote><hr>

heh, have to ask though. since when does a real pirate use magic/reagents??? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahoy landlubber! ;-)
Well, currently none in our crew does use reagents or any magery skills. However, building communities is kind of hard these days, and the more restrictive rules you have, the less people will join and participate. I know it is a stretch, but you could imagine a mage being some kind of "gunner". :)

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahoy landlubber! ;-)
Well, currently none in our crew does use reagents or any magery skills. However, building communities is kind of hard these days, and the more restrictive rules you have, the less people will join and participate. I know it is a stretch, but you could imagine a mage being some kind of "gunner". :)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahoy landlubber! ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]
Very pleasing indeed!