• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS]The Lycaeum Was Robbed Last Night!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Lycaeum Was Robbed Last Night!
By Teryn the Monk

Shortly after midnight, I patrolled the empty hall of the Lycaeum as part of my duties as a monk. As I approached the eastern hall, I noticed a something moving in the darkness beyond the sandstone archway. I could hear the clattering of bones and thought that a skeleton had wandered in from the Moonglow Cemetery.

I lifted up my lantern and saw a bone mage searching through the bookcases. The bone mage turned towards me and began to chant words of power I have never heard before. Intense magical fire outlined the bone mage’s skeletal fingers as it hurled a potent spell at me. I ducked behind the sandstone walls and called for help, my skin was badly burned from the bone mage’s spell and my robe was on fire!

Then a disembodied voice rang out through the Lycaeum “That is it! Take the tome and flee quickly. You have been seen fool; take the tome where it will be well protected but not where it will be linked to us.”

The other monks searched the grounds but found nothing of the bone mage. All of the books were accounted for, except one. According to our records the missing book is known only as document #3458. Many have attempted to decipher the mysterious missing book, but all have described it as an obscure volume of dark magic.

The monks of the Lycaeum are asking that anyone finding the missing book exercise extreme caution. The book itself is believed to be cursed, and the intentions of the bone mage, and the entity, it serves are unknown

S

slavoie

There was a char that showed up in Glow thursday night, "Inu the crone" talking gibberish.

Took me a while to figure out what was being said but basically some of the phrases were

spleeny!

A talking tome in the lycaeum and a dancing cat in the tavern

heday ordslay ofway adawshay illway elldway inway ourway eartshay!
(the lords of shadows will dwell in our hearts)

grizzled folly-fallen dewberries

istenlay otay emay!
(Listen to me)

ymay onguetay isway onfoundedcay!
(my tongue is confounded)

Nooo

What're *you* looking at?!

That wisp...

the lords of shadows again

a machine, a very very big machine!

the world is round

The skeleton walked toward the moongate.

Roguish eye-offending
(????)

a machine again

*frouwns*

Half-Faced mammets
(???)

*Cackles madly*

imetay itselfway allshay ebay entray andway orntay!
(time itself shall be bent and torn)

time itself again

spleeny!
(???)

estructionday earsbay ownday onway usway!
(destruction bears down on us)

time itself again

Doooooooom!

Spur-galled hempseeds!
(???) although mabye the second part explains some of this...

That wisp...

Fate has cursed us!

Blood, in Britain there is blood...

*frowns*

spleeny!

time itself again

mewling half-faced

doom.

fate has cursed us

yes?

the lights, they flash! its burns us!

time itself again

*cackles madly*

mabye...

noooooo

rudesbies

hetay arknessday illway englufway usway!
(the darkness will engulf us)

That wisp!

destruction again

dont you see the hole?

utbay ymay indmay isway earlcay
(but my mind is clear)

*frowns*

*laughs*

the world is round

doom!

Ok, I think that is all of them, most of this was as she said it, i skipped doubles tword the end.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This note was added. Anyone know what this is about?

Note:

There is a dark tome and a tome of light that can be found. Both tomes contain information about quests, events and the community. The Lycaeum in Moonglow houses one of the tomes. The bone mage secreted the other tome in a place where it will be guarded by undead and necromancers.

S

Scarab

There was a visiting scholar from Nujelm at the Lyceum tonight as well. She said that she had come to investigate the new tome unearthed following the theft. The book spewed out odd phrases when prompted with specific words, mostly about the history of Verity Isle. Unfortunately, this scholar did not reveal any new information about the theft while I was there.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously it must be in the abyss, where I cannot go.

They don't even want to sell it to me.

Nonetheless I admire to effort... I would really love to participate, but I'm a freakin companion now. :wall:

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Abyss? Oh bummer. I don't have it either, since uogamecodes is bugged.

I hope it's not in the Abyss. Not fair to the many that didn't buy SA.

S

slavoie

There was a visiting scholar from Nujelm at the Lyceum tonight as well. She said that she had come to investigate the new tome unearthed following the theft. The book spewed out odd phrases when prompted with specific words, mostly about the history of Verity Isle. Unfortunately, this scholar did not reveal any new information about the theft while I was there.

What are some of the keywords, cause it dosen't talk for me. Im not saying the right things.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM website indicates two upcoming events. One of them, Eye of the Oracle, seems to be related to this piece fiction.The Eye of the Oracle

Eye of the Oracle
Saturday, September 19 2009, 6:00pm (EST presumably)

Xitara the Wisp returns to Moonglow with dire news! The Eye of the Oracle is being slowly drained of its powers by Loathric the Damned, who is close to attaining the powers of a god. Loathric and his vast army of empowered daemons must be stopped! The Xorinites have prepared a diversion to gain entrance into the sanctum of Loathric, there is hope that the Eye of the Oracle will be found if Loathric is slain.

Notes:
This event will take place in Britannia not the Abyss. The newly discovered tome in the Lycaeum has clues and information about the event and storyline. The dark tome taken by the bone mage has different information which may also prove useful.

Source:
Eye of The Oracle

Suggested Reading:
The Arcane Guardians

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everytime I log on nothing happens... everywhere I go people hate me. Seems so fluid however. And I explore, ah thats about all I do. I go in places... to discover everything interesting has been deleted.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah maybe if you submit a ticket to EA and tell them to give me a little service (I'm really not asking for much, just to trash this old empty account without any skills and get back on the other account I PAID and cannot play with) then I'll be happy and stop complaining...

Thing is, they helped every single other player with more complex problems, in the same threads where I desperately asked for help. And what I am asking got done in my face, for another player also, every little step of the way.

I've been paying 3 months for no reason, walking around with a skillless character, having to stay behind everytime my friends went out to play... maybe you don't know how that feels. Especially when people insult you at random while you're trying to find out about those quests everyone seems to so easily find...

I mean common... :wall:

And I took a freakin job.. I don't have 2 months full time to build another character... how complicated would that be... they helped me reactivate my account, transfer my house, but it's a one way street ?

I quote : We apologise for deleting your characters, we needed space on our servers...

Hello ?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys can we stay on the Subject?

Or i will have to start handing out warnings :twak:

So we are discussing a robbery at the Lyceum :scholar:

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we are supposed to be at Moonglow or Lycaeum and wait for the Wisp to bring us the dire news.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nevermind,its in fire dungeon, But people keep sickign pets on the boss so its going to take 24 hours to kill.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Before everyone complains about not getting something, I'd like to draw your attention to something: EM Eris, following her event, voluntarily appeared at the Counselor Hall in Britain to receive feedback on the event. She patiently listened to complaints - some reasonable, some less so. Here are examples:

1) Some folks (my friend Slavoie, included) raised a good point. The boss mob we fought tonight could be raised from 1 health to full health by a single summon. This left room for griefers to ruin everyone's fun. EM Eris' response? After emoting a cringe, she expressed sympathy regarding this issue. I felt that she understood the problem and will take this issue into consideration in future events.

2) On the other hand, many folks simply sat around complaining to her about not getting anything.

In my experience, it is uncommon for an EM to show up following an event to accept criticism. I think that this demonstrates that she is really putting thought into her events. I hope everyone will grow to realize this truth and perhaps throw in some words of encouragement, amid the ever-present moanings and groanings.