• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] The following changes are up on Test Center.

G

As poasted on UO Herald
Test Center 1 Has Been Updated
Jeremy Dalberg19 Mar 2008 14:33:51
TC1 has been updated with the following:

- Arch Cure now cures poison at the same difficulty as the regular cure spell.

At 120 magery:
Level 1: 100% chance to cure
Level 2: 100% chance to cure
Level 3: 97% chance to cure
Level 4: 66% chance to cure
Level 5: 35% chance to cure
- Fixed a NPC Grammar Error

- Greater Dragons now drop scales and leather when skinned

- Properties on the ML recipe bows should now stack correctly with runic, exceptional and material bonuses

- Body sculptors and hairdressers should no longer wander too far away

- Recipe bows that previously had a 0% exceptional chance now have a 5% exceptional chance (In order to allow for an exceptional chance greater than 0 at GM skill, the success rate and minimum fletching skill have been adjusted. Success rate is now 50% at GM (was 40%.) Min Fletching is now 70 (was 75%.))

- Ships will no longer catch fire around the island of Magincia

- Leather and elf armor will no longer lose properties when runic-crafted or spawned as magic loot

- NPC animated corpses should now deal damage and take damage in the Trammel ruleset.

- Players should now be able to complete the summon fiend quest chain.

- All bunnies will spawn in their normal colors again

- Pet summoning ball changes:

Pet summoning balls unhide the summoner when attempting to summon their pet.
Pet summoning balls have a disruptable casting animation like other spells
Pet summoning balls have a reuse delay of 15 seconds.
- Pet AI changes:

Guard: The pet should guard as it does currently.
Follow: The pet should follow. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.
Come: The pet should come. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (If the pet cannot pathfind to its owner, it will not become passive.)
Kill/Attack: The pet will attack its target as it does currently.
Stop: The pet will stop attacking. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked, and may wander.
Stay: The pet will stay where it is currently, and will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.

- Fixed an issue where Talismans were occasionally spawning without any properties

- Players can no longer place insured items on a player-run vendor. (Existing insured items on vendors will not be affected.)

- Quest items will now untoggle if the player dies while carrying them

- Players will now receive a 'You have too many pets guarding you' system message if they already have more than 5 pets guarding them. (Note: pets in the stable that have been commanded to guard may count towards this limit.)

- Each pet that is guarding a player will have a "Guarding" note on mouseover.

- Fixed issues with the list of guarding pets not being maintained correctly

- Provoking onto a creature will no longer cause those in combat with that creature to stop fighting

- The Darkwood Armor set bonus now has 100 Luck instead of Night Sight

- Acid Proof Rope will no longer remove a spell from a spellbook when crafted

- The "Bless" spell icon will no longer incorrectly disappear if the player logs out

- Regina in Castle British now lets you know if you are on the wrong stage of the quest rather than just saying you are too busy

- Fixed system message upon creating an alliance to correctly show the alliance name

- Exceptional crafted chocolate will have the maker's mark attached correctly

- Salvage bags will no longer recycle Age of Shadows gift clothing

L

`Lynk

A little smile came across my face.

I thought I was overpowered casting level 5 poison on the prodo shard before..

G

At 120 magery:
- Fixed a NPC Grammar Error

-----

That's going to make Paroxymous a pancake!

G

The discussion on arch cure is pretty heated on uhall. Jeremy promises to monitor the findings on test.

G

ill still solo paroximus

im a bit sad thoo, that you can still summon pets while in animal form.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

Petball changes to test with no petballs.

Brilliant.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Petball changes to test with no petballs.

Brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the devs was dumping them at the banks on Test when they made the changes. Kept spamming "everyone get a pet ball?"

I was busy messing with my house design, hoping to finalize before they do the wipe. So no, I didn't get a pet ball!

-Skylark

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wahoo animals are gona be easy to kill when tehre owner says all follow me all follow me all follow me and doesnt attack back baha

G

<blockquote><hr>

The discussion on arch cure is pretty heated on uhall. Jeremy promises to monitor the findings on test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arch cure isn't the problem for us poisoners, its cure pots. What's the point of even using arch cure whether it's a 10% chance or 90% chance when a cure pot works virtually 100% of the time, no mana cost, and no spell delay.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

wahoo animals are gona be easy to kill when tehre owner says all follow me all follow me all follow me and doesnt attack back baha

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen

To all the tamers out there, Let us all sing together... NA NA NA NAAA, HEY HEYYYY HEYYYYYYYY.... GOOOOOOODBYYYYEE

DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YA
IM GLAD PETS WILL BE CONTROLED AND NOT ABLE TO BE USED AS PVP POWERHOUSES... call pets being useless in pvp now!

G

<blockquote><hr>

At 120 magery:

[/ QUOTE ]

what exactly does this mean ??? Are the nerfing magery ?
I keep hearing that .

G

I won't waste time on test shard since thier minds are made up. I intend to wait and play the tamer rules as they end up. No matter how they nerf it, I intend to try to continue playing what I invested my skill trainig time into (having no idea ahead of time they would create a superdragon and piss off a bunch of peeps).

There will need to be some template/play-style ajustments by those of us who have balls (pet or otherwise) enough to leave the GZ on our tamers. GZ tamers will continue to make people mad even with these changes. They don't need hiding and will call pets by logging out (which is the routine already). You won't be able to lure the pets out anymore since they won't attack. Also, an all follow will work in many cases where the pet was set on someone, as long as it is still in call range, making a log-out unnecessary.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasnt just the superdragon, its your turn now to be on the other side of the gimpness, now you will see how useless your template is without overpowered pets.. Im glad they finally did something...

ALL WE NEED IS PASSIVE DETECT! Vote +1 for me

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I won't waste time on test shard since thier minds are made up. I intend to wait and play the tamer rules as they end up. No matter how they nerf it, I intend to try to continue playing what I invested my skill trainig time into (having no idea ahead of time they would create a superdragon and piss off a bunch of peeps).

There will need to be some template/play-style ajustments by those of us who have balls (pet or otherwise) enough to leave the GZ on our tamers. GZ tamers will continue to make people mad even with these changes. They don't need hiding and will call pets by logging out (which is the routine already). You won't be able to lure the pets out anymore since they won't attack. Also, an all follow will work in many cases where the pet was set on someone, as long as it is still in call range, making a log-out unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

And since you think pets will be unkillable, how hard will it be to kill a tamer saying all follow me and not attacking the people that are killing it and or its owner? der der der

I

imported_SavageSP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Arch cure isn't the problem for us poisoners, its cure pots. What's the point of even using arch cure whether it's a 10% chance or 90% chance when a cure pot works virtually 100% of the time, no mana cost, and no spell delay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure they will try to nerf Poisoning Next, but I agree with you, more often then not Greater Cure Pots are about 90% or better effective 1st shot, its kinda like whos gonna run out first, the poisoners charges or the targets cure pots to get your moneys worth for the 100 skill.

T

Tark_Smash

Wow, I didnt know they were screwing up arch cure. I guess that is one less spell macro that I am going to need. No pot duels are going to suck against a poison mage now. Lots of dead people!!

G

You will get guard wacked at the GZ. That's my point Puf, not out in the field.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wasnt just the superdragon, its your turn now to be on the other side of the gimpness, now you will see how useless your template is without overpowered pets.. Im glad they finally did something...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been on the other side of gimpness before. I just never cried about it. This dragon thing gets to people who are accustomed to killing everything in sight (cause they are uber skilled
).

As long as the most vocal ones have the winningest templates, there will be peace. But, something else will rise (poison maybe), it will rule a while, the cryers will get their way, and it will be nerfed. Such is the way of UO.

And you know, I am not upset that these changes are coming; I expected them sooner. Even if it pushes me completely out of PVP, I still enjoy the tamer template on PVM more anyway. With the changes to the champs, having a power PVM tamer is more important anyway.

Also, I will be glad to not be the template du jur of all the whining for a while.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

And since you think pets will be unkillable, how hard will it be to kill a tamer saying all follow me and not attacking the people that are killing it and or its owner? der der der

[/ QUOTE ]

The modified pet commands are stackable, meaning you can command a pet to follow and guard, and they will do both. So while the pet may not return fire when retreating, it should attack anyone who hits their master if they were told to guard. I would imagine most tamers will adjust their 'All Follow Me' macro to include 'All Guard Me' as well.

D

Dor of Sonoma

*blinks*

What the heck is a 'body sculptor'?

*frowns*

Do they perform liposuction or something? It sounds nasty!

G

A "body sculpter" is a KR thing. It seems there are several body types and faces to choose from in that ckient. *nods*

I

imported_Luka Melehan

<blockquote><hr>

The modified pet commands are stackable, meaning you can command a pet to follow and guard, and they will do both. So while the pet may not return fire when retreating, it should attack anyone who hits their master if they were told to guard. I would imagine most tamers will adjust their 'All Follow Me' macro to include 'All Guard Me' as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always had both on the same macro. And since my dumbass pets never auto attack who I want them to anyways, I am actually glad for these changes. It will be easier to control them in spawns etc.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*blinks*

What the heck is a 'body sculptor'?

*frowns*

Do they perform liposuction or something? It sounds nasty!

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye it is a KR thing often the body sculpturer is near the twinkie neon hair coloring dude dudettes, and the body sculpturer will TELL US those of us in 2D that we look utterly stunning just as we ARE...sooooooooooo guess them in KR need face lifts ! HAHAAHA *only procured by the twinkie that sculpts citizens into other peculiar apparitions so maybe they look cool in KR .... ! ?

But yeh just walk by one of em in ye 2D appearance and they will tell ya we look stunning in our legacy appearances, thus they won't give us a nose job ours is fine as is.

*guess that sums it all up*

G

<blockquote><hr>

A "body sculpter" is a KR thing. It seems there are several body types and faces to choose from in that ckient. *nods*

[/ QUOTE ]

You get to choose different diapers and the option of getting tattoos. Male chars get to choose from new faces called "uglier" and "ugliest".

-Skylark

P.S. @Dor: I'm with you on the whole uncomfortable feeling about medieval plastic surgery

G

It is no good anyways *test* when all we get is them saying...

the house placement features are currently unavailable ..etc etc. bleh bleh endlessly for hours on end day after day

thus this..test is no fun without the ability to place a house plot ever there when the housing placement tool is not workin or server for it is perma shut down it seems .. etc.

G

Yeah, I was one of the lucky ones who still had my 18X18 plot on Test Center, so when housing demo/placement broke on TC a good while back, I at least had something to work with, unlike many players. At least 5 times recently when I was on Test trying to work on designs, the server went down. Yesterday I was on when they started updating TC with the changes, and the GM/Dev broadcast that they were having a problem with the housing server (no duh, going on 2 months reported now, huh?) and were holding off doing a WIPE of TC for now. I got to thinking...broke housing and wipe...given their track record, what are the chances I am going to end up with no test house at all to play with for a good while, and these housing projects I have lined up just aging?

So I finally decided to temporarily reactivate one of my accounts, and placed an 18X18 on Siege. For $12.99 USD, at least I have a month to play with that one unless they break non-test housing as well.

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many times I wish teh pet would not attack while following, so this is good for the tamer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many times I wish teh pet would not attack while following, so this is good for the tamer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be awesome for pvm tamers, especially at spawns. I can't count how many times my stupid dog wanders off and wont listen cause its trying to kill some mongbat on a ledge. I can't wait for this change to go in!

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been on the other side of gimpness before. I just never cried about it. This dragon thing gets to people who are accustomed to killing everything in sight (cause they are uber skilled
).

As long as the most vocal ones have the winningest templates, there will be peace. But, something else will rise (poison maybe), it will rule a while, the cryers will get their way, and it will be nerfed. Such is the way of UO.

And you know, I am not upset that these changes are coming; I expected them sooner. Even if it pushes me completely out of PVP, I still enjoy the tamer template on PVM more anyway. With the changes to the champs, having a power PVM tamer is more important anyway.

Also, I will be glad to not be the template du jur of all the whining for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im fine bro, Ive got like 10 different templates I can run for those reasons... call it being well rounded and prepared for the next gimp template... I just could never lower my self standards and play a 3 macro character... Tamers are no fun.

G

So basically, now DP Dexxers are even more stronger given the fact that the only decent way to cute DP will be to use a potion. So therefore, making everyone have to carry pots 24/7.

P

Pimpin Aint Easy

lol. wtf with puffy and pets? he dont like pets or something?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

).

[/ QUOTE ]

Im fine bro, Ive got like 10 different templates I can run for those reasons... call it being well rounded and prepared for the next gimp template... I just could never lower my self standards and play a 3 macro character... Tamers are no fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you have many personalities available Puffy. So do I. I just have not ever run anything else long enough to even be adept at it. I suspect that is to change soon if I wish to do any faction fighting other than guarding sigs.