• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]The First Annual Great Fair of Umbra, June 19th @ 2 PM EST

Catskills News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Catskills,

Lady Pandora just sent me this information about a fair:
The Children of Darkness will be sponsoring the first annual "Great Fair of Umbra" on June 19th @ 2 PM eastern. ALL are welcomed to join this peaceful event and enjoy --- free food, free booze, fun games, and a mini-raid of Bedlam. (Please do the Bedlam quest if you have never been there before: http://www.uoguide.com/Aernya_Mistress_of_Admissions)

If you or your guildmates run vendor houses, please see me about getting a "booth" at the fair for you to display runes to your shop and talk to folks about your shop to help increase traffic and assist the economy of Sosaria. You can contact me via ICQ 608083009 or email, pandora @ childrenofdarkness . com --- ALL vendors are welcomed, RP or Non.​
Safe Travels,
Sahra Swift

More...

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any vendor/shop owners wishing to come tomorrow, please get your marked runes ready and try to get to Umbra by 1:30 PM EST to set up your shops. CoD will be providing some tables and chairs along the walkways near the bank.

Guests, might want to bring an empty Runebook to collect the shop runes if you like to shop! ;)

Thanks and see you all tomorrow...

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is happening today folks --- I hope those that can, come out and join us! ;)

V

Victoria Navarre

I plan to be there without a doubt. I have some gold burning a hole in my pocket,or in my bankbox in this case.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was good, a lot of the non-RP'ers came and had a blast with us RP'ers, the mingling was awesome --- Rotep was there, as was the Captain of the Flying Dutchman (/bow) from UP. CoD was there, in full masquerade of course, so everyone would be able to come and there wouldn't be any drama. Of course Pandora did get asked to drink the ale, to which she respectfully declined... hehe. The vendors I think had a lot of fun with it. I had tables and chairs lined up along the streets (sorta like a regular old street fair) and they decorated their "booths" and put out their runes. We talked a lot, drank a lot (cept the vamps ofc), and we had a nice lil visit from a "stray dog" (EM Nathael) who kept trying to tug on my skirt. Finally I got him some BACON and he calmed down! The EM's really showed great support for events like this, one that doesn't require them too much work and are most player-organized, player-ran. That was one of the greatest parts, and something I have missed from back in the olden days. We used to have player-organized, player-ran events ALL THE TIME. I highly encourage you all to think of small events to host in your towns or NPC towns or anywhere and invite folks to join you!

My only disappointment was I had thought we'd see the RBG there, but didn't. Catlord tells me I didn't put the word out, but I thought I had done so on ICQ many times, he even copied and pasted it out to his own list. So when I asked him if the RBG would be coming when the event started, I got hit with "Kalmar didn't put out a summon." 1) I had no idea I had to do that, no one told me that; everytime I've logged into Kalmar there has never been anyone else online and I was originally told that Kalmar would just be a figurehead. 2) I did this event to help bring non-RP'ers and RP'ers together and to introduce the RBG to everyone else and so they can see how they would interact with a guild that already has "roots" in a player-ran city. Most everyone that came had NO IDEA what the RBG is, not everyone reads forums, so guess who told them about it? Me. It was very disappointing to not have the support to SHOW folks the interaction there.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye - I too missed out on this event. I was not thinking about it being Father's day weekend. We were in the middle of a gathering at that time. Sounds like a fun time had by all.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where I do like to support the efforts of RPers, the one holding the event is a known vampire. And the sign at the entrance to the city said "No Staking Faire Attendees."

C

Corvak

Then I suppose my garlic cheese bread would not have been a good seller.

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to attend and had a great time and met some new folks. Hats off to Pandora and COD. :)

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then I suppose my garlic cheese bread would not have been a good seller.
LOL, I sort of would like to have seen that food stand. All the locals backing away hissing.
Drat I knew I forgot something, And "Uncle Rotep's Classic Garlic Bread" stand would have made a killing instead he just picked up a rune from each vendor and played fetch with "a stray dog".

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were vampires?

*confused look*

I couldn't see them through the booze-ridden haze, I suppose. No matter!

I had fun there, and got to meet some of my favorite vendor-owners as well.

Thanks to Pandora for running a fun event.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were vampires?

*confused look*

I couldn't see them through the booze-ridden haze, I suppose. No matter!

I had fun there, and got to meet some of my favorite vendor-owners as well.

Thanks to Pandora for running a fun event.

Ah a day without drunken pirates is like a day...well without drunken pirates.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone! It certainly was a great event and we will soon have another! Not to mention the grand opening of Vamp's Lair is coming soon!

Aedon, be not afraid... I don't bite! Promise...