• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]The Easter Bunny Visits The Naughty As Well! (recap)

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings fellow Britannians!

I received word of a special Easter surprise early Sunday evening. One slated for our beloved PvP community, those dastardly Reds that could not make it to find the Bunny's Den.

As I had some time before the anticipated Easter Dungeon trip, I decided to run and take a look. The rumors said that a certain crossroads outside Britain was the place to be.

And it was lovely! Completely done up in colored eggs, decorative pastel stones, and the sparkling gleam of a murderers eyes to mix it up. Who would brave Felucca to click the magic stone for an Easter Basket? Why, Book Master of course!

After chatting it up a bit with Debbie Does UO from the Council of Mages, I made my way back to Luna to await the Dungeon announcement with the rest of Britannia. Funny, the Easter Bunny must have decided all of us daft humanoids waiting were taking too long to notice the Fire Dungeon alert, and popped in to laugh at us! HA! That got us moving!

Upon entering the Dungeon, I once again met up with Debbie Does UO [CoM] and this time, he had backup! All of them waiting for anyone who had an inkling of meeting with the Easter Bunny inside. I begged clearance as an observer, and with grace, they allowed me to pass unharmed. I shuddered at the thought of what everyone else faced.

I wandered around for some time, looking for any sign that the festive furball had passed through. Sadly, I also ended up where not even the magical Easter Bunny had gone before and had to backtrack. Amazingly, it was safer to stick with Felucca's finest, also a lot more entertaining. So when I ran into the Council of Mages once more, I took on the stickiness of marshmallow and stuck to their shoes!

It wasn't long before a few Shadowlords braved the fiery cesspool and the clash of swords competed with the zing of energy being thrown about! Our lands great Faction guilds had come to battle and not even the site of a hippity, hoppity rabbit could curtail the war.

Caught in the middle of it? Indeed, the sightseers. Those brave souls who truly just wanted the chance to meet this Holidays star icon. I felt zebralove's [K^NV] pain at the hands of Debbie Does UO. Killing Shadowlords was apparently not enough for this blood thristy crowd.

You'll be happy to hear, I have it on good authority that zebralove is once again alive and thriving in Napa! That really did look like it hurt, though!

In the end, I did finally see a sign that the Easter Bunny was roaming about and as there was no one else in sight, I snagged it and hid it under a pile of books like every good UO player knows how to do.

I was still grinning about my find when who should pop in? I was so excited that I had finally caught site of the cute, little ball of fluff that I completely missed that sneaky thief, KingFisher! Did he take my pretty Easter carrot? YES! Where are all those blasted Red's when you need them, eh?

After, everyone met back in Luna in hopes that the Easter Bunny might stop back in on her way out. I was happy to get another look. It's odd, but the Easter Bunny always seemed taller when I was a kid! Suddenly, our lovely EM, Fiorella, burst out of that sweet, little bunny with a grin and a Happy Easter to all of us in Napa Valley.

Hawk was kind enough to show me what he had nabbed over the course of the event, while that wicked King Fisher smirked over my lost treasure.

Happily, I was left a card by the wayward thief that made me smile. He also returned a carrot! Maybe the guilt was eating him up, maybe he'll now turn over a new leaf and take up tailoring... NAH! It was all in the spirit of Easter! Thanks Fisher!

Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...