• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The Battle In Moonglow Continues

G

As most know by now, much has happened in Moonglow in recent days. After the failed attempt to engage the Blackrock Detector on Friday, there was a second attempt on Saturday, resulting in the opening of a rift to an alternate Moonglow filled with a variety of dangerous entities that appear to be under the influence of the Shadowlords, who occasionally appear.

Reports have come from the BNN that Kronos was slain and that one of his assistants is now missing. The military has arrived and there are now cannons and a command tent near the rift, although actual military presence seems a bit slow in arriving.

Many are reporting finding objects of interest on the corpses of slain creatures inside this rift. There are Planeswords and Planeshields that the use of have yet to be determined. There are Threads Of Life and Threads Of Fate that appear to have some use, as the Necromancers of Umbra have reported receiving unusual messages when attemting to use them; however it is yet unclear what these messages mean. There are also the unusual Cloaks Of Corruption, which seem to allow the wearer to gain mana, and possibly life and stamina, but they are very damaging, leeching these things as well. Again, the true usefulness of these seems as yet unknown.

Over the weekend it was learned that Blackrock combined with the Armageddon spell could be used to slay the Ethereal Forms of the Shadowlords when they appear, and many explosions were seen.

The fine people of Napa have banded together in fighting these entities, some directly entering the battle, others acting as much needed field medics outside the rift. The murmur is that we will not allow our</> Moonglow to fall to the Shadowlords and their minions!

I

imported_Cysphruo

draconi actually stated a few times that the shadowlords are nice and we should get them on our side, its actualy a war between the demons and the shadowlords and that if were nice the shadowlords wont attack us.
he also later hinted around saying that instead of using blackrock to blow up the shadowlords we should try giving it to them... something i've yet to try, after finding that out i of course immediatly ran to moonglow but i havent seen a shadowlord in days.
being me with my evil imagination *grin*, i invisioned giving a shadowlord 50 pieces of blackrock only to have it bow to me and respond to my commands *evil grin*

its a bit of a catch really, the shadowlords drop one of the event items so of course people are going to wanna kill it, but what would happen if we didnt kill them and let the shadowlords win instead of the deamons??? the catch is that most likely the demons will win on every shard, but what if on napa the shadowlords actually won!!?!

btw your doing a good job ailish, im not trying to flame your news or anything, just adding some spice that i read yesterday buried deep over in the uhaul forum.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried giving the shadowlord a piece of blackrock when i read that...doesnt work, i think draconi was kidding

I

imported_Cysphruo

theres gotta be something to it, he wasnt kidding when he said it

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, with this next quote from draconi, i think we can put to rest any idea about there being a war between the demons and the shadowlords.....i think everything out there is working for the shadowlords as it stands right now..

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, and the ethereal forms of the shadowlords have now reigned in the berserkers - they'll now fight together, and slowly the forces of darkness in the timerift will grow immune to the attacks of the berserkers until they all work as one.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - UO Lead Designer - EA Mythic

G

The Shadowlords Faction is allied with Demons, which is why Daemons do not attack SL members. Daemon Berserkers however do attack SL members, but that's probably because they are Berserkers, they are in such a blood frenzy that they cannot distinguish ally from foe.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup..was like that during the ophidian battle aswell, the ophidian bezerkers would kill there own kinds...aswell as the demon bezerkers from magincia....they just go bezerk...i guess until like draconi says..the shadow lord start controlling em better

I

imported_Cysphruo

he said it many times before april fools day that it was a war between them, if they are now allied then thats our fault!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive been going through his posts to find that...just dont see it mentioned anywhere else but in that quote

I

imported_Cysphruo

we'll have to agree to disagree then because i dont feel like going through his posts today.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AHA, see? i was right..... lol just kidding!
ya know what gets me though, ive given the shadowlords some blackrock and ive gotten the msg's....now wtf do they mean?

I

imported_Cysphruo

who knows, they give us these stories with what seems like no way to figure anything out.