• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Tamers Trounce Destard's Dragons

• Thread starter Lord Franklin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Franklin

Hello everyone,

Wednesday was an action-packed evening for the tamers on our shard. Lord Vallend had suggested a hunting expedition to the Dungeon Destard. The purpose of the adventure was to capture several of the new, more powerful breed of dragons that has begun to appear in our lands. The subdued dragons would then be given to experts in the taming of animals, so they might study them and train them to be their companions.

<center>
</center>
The group began the hunt with a handful of participants, all eager to try their luck at taming a dragon or helping to keep those making the attempt alive. The strategy decided upon was simple: Beat the dragon down until almost dead, then allow an experienced tamer to soothe the beast. While the plan sounded good in theory, it was a bit more difficult in practice! After weakening the powerful dragons with everything from insect swarms to attacks with other pets, the onslaught would be stopped and the taming would begin.

Mages cast healing and invisibility spells on the tamers while bards used their peaceful music to calm the dragons.

<center>
</center>
There were several people who had success in taming the beasts that night, including Azuel Rizen, Hagrid, Lord Rick, and Reagan Skye. Azuel earned herself the nickname "Dragon Whisperer" for the ease with which she tamed the dragons she walked up to. Hagrid would tell the group when to stop attacking the dragons, and tamed a good many of the beasts himself. After a dragon deemed worthy of study was subdued, it would be brought to the Dungeon's entrance, where it would be given to one of the gathered group.

<center>
</center>
A few of the dragons these experienced tamers did not think were worthy of being kept in the stables were tamed anyway, to be used to attack the more powerful dragons that would make good companions. Seeing two of these monsters battling it out was awe-inspiring. My pixies managed to paint a picture of one such battle.

<center>
</center>
The evening concluded when everyone who had arrived had received a dragon to take to his or her stables to study, train, and perhaps even learn from.

Peaceful Journeys,
Lord Franklin

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Has a chat with the stable-master of Luna Stalbes about what a Greater dragon prefers to eat****

Thank you for covering the event. Aye, Vallend did a fantastic job organizing the event. There were so many tamers that handed out some VERY nice dragons. I hope the ones I turned over the "leash of command" to are kind to the beasts.

On behalf of all tamers, I have to say...few things are as rewarding as seeing the smile it brings a person to simply give them an amazing creature as a gift. Thank you Vallend for organizing the event, and thank you all who came and helped tame.

*ahem* and thank you all who opened a gate for me when I died
heh. Would you care to know more about the volenteers who helped with the dragons?

****Returns to the Royal Britannia Zoo to clean the animals cages****