• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Tales of Ice and Fire Atlantic Event Sunday 7:30 pm EST

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tales of Ice and Fire
Calvin Crowner
20 Mar 2009 18:56:58 EST​

Battles are sometimes won with bloodshed. Others are won in the silence between dawn and dusk. And sometimes there is a peace that lasts centuries. This is not one of those times.

Often even the boundaries of an uneasy peace are tested with time. But not even time can heal the wounds of a battle fought between this plane and others.
Spring was early this year. With the eyes of his companion set more on their destination than the means of getting there, the pace they strode would collapse a knight’s steed. Any onlooker would gather that the two shadows moving in the lavender light must be planeshifting to move so quickly. Blink. A league passed. Blink. Three leagues.

Each silver-grey cloak gathered about the massive shoulders of each slender form. At this distance they could have been taller than shire horses. Then again, the light at this time of evening did play tricks on the eyes. They strode shoulder to shoulder, never breaking stride, never checking to see if the other were lagging or tired. They moved with purpose, and as if they’d known each other longer than the sun, or any other thing in the heavens.

They stopped. Their motion coming to an immediate halt seemed not out of place, nor did their breathing seem labored. They … simply … stopped. One crouched as if testing the earth for a place to lay, his palm outstretched his body and eyes set on the ground beneath, and what stretched to the horizon before the pair.

An ancient language swept from one, “Tenpiswo ui wer ouith …”
“I feel it too,” his companion agreed. “The wound is here …”

Casca had been playing this game for several weeks now. The moves of his opponent were methodical. The pigeon brought one move each day for one player. With the latest, Casca had lost a knight to a pawn. Sloppy, he thought. Sloppy play. Where was his mind? Perhaps the invasion and all his machinations were having an effect on his decision-making.

Panting, Threwort ran in and brought himself quickly to attention. Opening his mouth to speak Casca raised his hand.

“My liege …” Threwort tried to interrupt.

“What are you up to?” he spoke to himself. He traced each path of every piece with an extended finger, forming move upon move in thin air.

Threwort rocked on his heels impatiently. Exasperated Casca turned to Threwort. “What is it?”

“The Trammel Barrier, My Leige. It is restored. The Crimson are falling back, as if they suddenly found more pressing matters.”

“But I didn’t. There was no word to …”

Casca’s stomach churned. Looking at the chessboard, his tongue folded against the roof of his mouth, as if tasting iron and oil.

“What do you mean, it’s restored? Of course it’s restored! Certainly, all according to plan. This! This is the era I have spoken of. Our planets are aligned. Our destinies sing of prosperity, magic, and muffins!”

“Our next step is now easy. Onward now to Yew Abby!”

Fire and Ice Event Schedule
Chrissay Zeeman
20 Mar 2009 18:39:47 EST

Sonoma Saturday 3:30 PM PST

Chessapeake Sunday at 8:00 PM EST

Europa Saturday at 7:30 PM BST 8:30 PM CET

Drachenfels Sunday 8:00 PM GMT+1

Great Lakes Saturday at 7:00 PM EST

Lake Superior Saturday 8:00 PM EST

Origin Sunday 5:00 PM EST

Napa Valley Saturday 7:00 PM PST

Lake Austin Saturday 10:00 PM EST

Pacific Sunday at 7:00 PM PST

Oceania Sunday 2:00 PM AEDT

Catskills Saturday 7:30 PM EST

Baja Saturday 3:30 PM PST

Siege Sunday 12:00 PM PST

Legends Sunday 5:00 PM EST

Atlantic Sunday 7:30 PM EST

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank thee ! I might not make it... please take screenshots and don't let one clue escape your scrutiny !

This is beggining to sound quite like it... :popcorn:

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody know what the black book on the bench at the Tram Brit bank is all about?

Oh, and I was present when Sherry The Mouse promised to leave a book on the front walk of Blackthorn's castle in Fel. The book is supposed to clue us into the next step. So far, nothing, but, I have faith in mice that read.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I am hoping to make both events, but I am not sure if I will be able to. Hopefully there will be some good screen shots taken by our excellent Stratics reporters.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eeek 1:30 am ....... but will try to make it.

Hopefully it dont last 5 hours. :p

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lasted 30 minuted. Lag was horrible. Broken shards of a crystal, colored red, was the reward if you were paying attention and were quick enough.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
“What do you mean, it’s restored? Of course it’s restored! Certainly, all according to plan. This! This is the era I have spoken of. Our planets are aligned. Our destinies sing of prosperity, magic, and muffins!”

“Our next step is now easy. Onward now to Yew Abby!”

A very large crowd awaited the arrival of our Liege Lord Casca..

He explained to us that he had found the gate where the Crystal Dragons were entering our realm and that together we could destroy it...

We followed him en mass into a gate he summoned into the unknown...

What awaited us was a twisted stone dungeon with hallways filled with all manner of terrible creature...
The carnage was terrifying....

Many brave men and women perished along with their pets...
Many more helped out the wounded until we eventually pushed back the creatures
and started to leave their dead bodies littering the hallways...

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We defeated most of the creatures and eventually entered a large central room with a big red crystal in the center...Casca suddenly appeared in the center room and spoke a few more words. With great effort he used his mind to destroy the crystal and pieces of it were scattered on the floor. People scrambled to pick them up not caring if they were possibly dangerous....Casca cast another gate and did bid us to follow him once the crystal was destroyed....

We arrived back at Empathy Abbey and listened to Casca proclaim that because of him we were all safe now.

Perhaps because his postering or perhaps it was preordained but out of no where appeared a very large and terrifying Crimson Dragon. He threatens the crowd and all who live in our lands with slavery and death....I finally get a good look at Casca as he starts to flee the scene...

Someone...I know not who because I cannot tell in the large crowd speaks to the Crimson Dragon asking it to leave....

The unknown person summons a Platinum Dragon to do battle with the Crimson Dragon. It is a brief battle as the Platinum Dragon conquers the Crimson Dragon. The Platinum Dragon informs the crowd that we are safe and both disappear leaving us wondering what we have just witnessed. Casca is no where to be found....Again...

I have learned that Casca enjoys muffins and is not a brave man and that I feel like possibly that was all staged for our benefit. However, I leave that to you to ponder as I am only one witness...