• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Stratics Origin is looking for a few good pens.

• Thread starter Lord Exmortis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Exmortis

Are your shoes worn thin from traveling from town to town? Is your voice hoarse and sore from speaking with citizens across Britannia? Have a knack for putting pen to paper and writing an excellent story? Then perhaps the UO Stratics News Page is the place where you can not only show off your talent but also help bring the community together with interesting, exciting stories and news items about your shard and her citizens.

UO Stratics is currently looking for active, talented citizens of Sosaria to add to our crack team of top-notch Ultima Online reporters.

As a volunteer you are required to:

* Be a competent writer
* Be an active, knowledgeable member of the community
* Be willing to attend events and quests, interview VIPs, report news of interest to the community
* Be able to dedicate a minimum of three hours per week to writing and/or posting news items
* Have a familiarity with basic HTML
* Be pro-active

Does the above describe you? Then what are you waiting for??? Apply... right now... do not hesitate! Simply fill out this brief questionnaire and fire off an e-mail to [email protected] with “(Your Shard Name) Reporter Application" as the subject.

1. Real name
2. Contact e-mail address
3. ICQ, AIM, MSN number (if applicable)
4. Stratics username and character name (this must be the character name you will be reporting with and must be able to join the Stratics guild).
5. Rate your HTML knowledge from 1-10, where 1 is poor and 10 is phenomenal
6. Answer this: Why do you wish to be a shard reporter for UO Stratics?
7. Include a brief writing sample, no more than 500 words (no attachments)
8. Any questions???

Good luck to all applicants!

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a good time for me to consider this. Two vacations planned over the summer, and our annual musical production at church. Very time demanding.

Best wishes to all who apply and are willing to serve.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a thankless job. Very demanding with little gratitude. It is hard to replace Sarah, Crystal and False. Not to mention the old timers like Michael and Morgaine. It might draw a little more consideration if the news reporter was to receive in game rares such as a sash with Origin News Reporter on it or a monument for their house with the same thing or both. New stuff every so often. No different than EM's handing out rare event stuff. This at least would show appreciation for a peer that is dedicating their time and effort for everyone one the shard.

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*waves at everyone* Surely there is some brave soul willing to step into the crosshai,.... errrr, umm, spotlight and take on this responsibility? This shard has the greatest EM's, (IMHO) and they deserve the attention of one dedicated (read deranged) individual, to record and report their adventures.

M

Michael Wolf

I have a personal request.

I did this job for years. And a fairly decent job judging by the feedback I received. But alas i cannot do it anymore. I don't even really play UO anymore because I don't have time. Let alone enough time to be a reporter. But I do enjoy keeping up on what's going on here on the boards.

So my request is for someone to step up and keep everyone informed. I'll even offer to help train the person. Tips and tricks like how to get color screen shots when you're dead. How to make Journal converter work so a large % of your article is written for you.

And contrary to popular opinion, this is not a thankless job. Community recognition and peer appreciation counts for something. In game perks come from the community as well. There were several events over the years where some guild would help me run through a quest to get my rewards because I was too busy reporting on it the first time around. And the good folks of Origin would always treat me well in game when they recognized me from here. The job is what you make of it.

It is time consuming, I won't lie. You really need a few hours a week to write a decent article. But if you go to EM events anyway, 1/2 of the job is done. With Journal converter and screen shots during the event all it takes is a couple of hours to turn that into News!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still looking. Maybe I can make it seem less scary.

If you enjoy going to events
If you think you could tell the story of what happened
If you can take pictures during the event to help you tell the tale
If you know, or think you could learn, just a little very basic html coding

we need you. I need you! email me, [email protected]. or send me a pm here.

You don't need to be a Pulitzer Prize winner, just able to give a coherent account of what happened.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well well...lookin for a reporter huh?

I would LOVE to do this again...there's just one problem...I haven't played in over 3 years...UO is like a whole new game to me. I wouldn't be able to do the job properly.

There has to be SOMEONE willing to do this. I LOVED being Origin reporter when I was here, it was great fun.

I might consider it though if noone else is willing...I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still looking - and please ignore item 4 in Exmortis' list. You will not be required to join a Stratics guild, your guild affiliations are not affected.

Larisa, if you're attending events, at whatever skill level, I'd love to put you back on staff - and a few articles describing the learning curve, trials and tribulations of getting back upto date would be lovely, especially if written in good humour. Give me a call maybe? icq is 102280987, msn/AIM [email protected], skype petra.fyde email [email protected] or just a pm on here.

M

Michael Wolf

Still looking - and please ignore item 4 in Exmortis' list. You will not be required to join a Stratics guild, your guild affiliations are not affected.

Larisa, if you're attending events, at whatever skill level, I'd love to put you back on staff - and a few articles describing the learning curve, trials and tribulations of getting back upto date would be lovely, especially if written in good humour. Give me a call maybe? icq is 102280987, msn/AIM [email protected], skype petra.fyde email [email protected] or just a pm on here.
Go for it Larisa, you were one of the best I worked with.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohh GHOST!!!! :heart: That is very sweet of you to say.

I am runnin around Origin on a nooblet right now...I know I can get this shard back on it's feet :)