• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Stratics Central Editorial - TSO Vet in a Strange Land

G

Author Trinity Divine of Stratics Central has written an opinion titled "TSO Vet in a Strange Land ... EA-Land!" that describes what EAL-life is like to Trinity as a returning player. This article has been posted both on Stratics Central and EAL Stratics. To read the editorial, please click here.

This thread can be used as discussion, if the spirit so moves.
(Have a great idea for a news article or opinion piece but can't commit to joining EAL TSO Stratics News Staff?
Send in your freelance report or article idea to [email protected].)

Happy editorial reading!
Aster

G

I think it's great!...the new version has brought back the fun
(with some exceptions I won't get into here)

G

<blockquote><hr>

For years, the TSO economy has been flooded with simoleans, creating sim millionaires who had more virtual money than they could ever hope to spend. The move from TSO to EA Land removed all that currency from the economy, so now that everyone has to start building their fortunes over, there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the fact that it’s not as easy to do that anymore. I think the current playerbase needs to come to terms with that and fast.

[/ QUOTE ]Trinity has hit the nail right on the head here. This is at the very crux of 95% of the gameplay complaints here on Stratics: Too many veteran players applying what they learned in TSO to EA-Land - and finding that it just doesn't work that way anymore.

I have no doubt that if EA were to have given TSO its 90-day notice, shut the game down, then launched EA-Land just as it is now, the number of complaints would be close to nil, because people would expect - and find - this to be a different game, and the expectation that this should play just like TSO would not exist.

Paradigms can be a real bear to break. However, if a veteran player is to derive any real satisfaction from EA-Land, he or she needs to realize that EA-Land is <u>not</u> TSO. It may look like a duck and quack like a duck, but this ain't no duck. Not anymore.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

Not sure why Trinity implied that there is nothing to do but sit and chat in Second Life, cos that is basically all there is to do in sims... aside from the mundane, click, sell, read book, green, etc.. if one is willing to look, there is a lot more for anyone without bias to do in Second Life.

Other than that, the article is just stating the obvious, which i presume was the intention..

*sighs*

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Some of the TSO-transplants are having a very difficult time understanding that the TSO that they remember is gone.

This is a new day, a new city, a new way to play and we were just fortunate to be able to keep much of what we had invested in the old game.

S

Sativa L

I am all for changes.. including dynamic pricing. We can only hope that for every lost old disgruntled TSO player we gain 100 new EALand players. If we are to survive as a game, old players must become a minority. ( Maybe new players should be banned from Stratics so we don't poison their minds. lol )

I would like to see an owner set "entry " fee for entering a lot(c/w day pass option, weekly pass option etc). The amount to be split amongst roomies, such as pay doors are.