• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Spotlight on Teeshy!

G

<center>

In this issue of Spotlight, We hear from Teeshy and get to know a little about the person behind as well as one of her characters.

<u>Out of Char questions</u>

<font color="#660099">How long have you been living in Oceania and what drew you to this world?</font>

Around 2 years, but with a big gap in the middle when I couldn’t pay for the game for a while :) (Been around 14-15 months of actually playing in that 2 years)

<font color="#660099">What was your best and/or worst experience in Oceania?</font>

Best has definitely been seeing how helpful people can be, and how friendly =D I love when there’s shard-wide events, like Magincia and currently Moonglow, and everyone is going out of their way to help out others with healing, ressing etc.

<font color="#660099">Worst?</font>

Well, not really so much a game thing, as back near when I started playing, I had 2 blue soul stones, I was designing my “dream house” and was using them as decoration, and seemed to forget to lock one of them down. I was so bummed at the time, soul stones were something I really felt I needed to have, since there is such a low skill cap on each character =)

<font color="#660099">What is you main profession here? (Please elaborate on why you chose it)</font>

General crafter I guess, crafting is why I started playing in the first place. I’d been playing Runescape for a while (trying to find a game that worked with our connection, I’d never even dreamed a multiplayer online game would work at all, and when Runescape did I was rapt!) and was what’s known as a “skiller” over there, no combat at all, just all the other skills. Thing I liked most about the game, was the way you could mine ore, smelt it to bars, smith it to an axe, chop a tree for logs, cut the logs into an unstrung bow, or arrow shafts, pick flax, spin into a bow string, string the bow… the whole process of going from point “a” to point “b” fascinated me, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Anyways, hubby said that as I was enjoying that as much as I was, I’d really love UO if we ever got a better connection, and I agreed, as I’d been a fan of Ultima games for some years, and had always wanted to try UO. Somehow or another, we got around to me actually trying UO, just to see how badly it played, and it wasn’t too bad at all, (plus, I’m a patient person, so I can usually cope with the lag) so I started playing. Now you can’t get me away ;)

<font color="#660099">Who helped you when you first came to the shard?</font>

First person I remember helping me (several… many! times), was Sir Keith of HCM, I had SO many questions, and things I was just so clueless about! There isn’t a “learning curve” when you start UO for the first time, it’s like a learning mountain! There was also a lady, I think she was from the US, and I vaguely recall her telling me she was in her 50’s (I think!) she gave me a check for 20,000 gold and I felt SO rich! I had no idea what to do with it all!

<font color="#660099">Did/do you have any major influences?</font>

Nah, not really, I go with how I feel at the time, other people don’t influence how I play the game at all really =) Well, except sometimes, if I’ve had a reason to get pissed at someone, I kinda get turned off people for a while, and start playing solo more =)

<font color="#660099">Did you live on another shard before you came to Oceania? If so, which shard, and why did you leave?</font>

Nope!

<font color="#660099">What type of house do you have, and did you decorate it yourself?</font>

Castle now! =D I’ve only started decorating though, like 2 rooms =P is taking me a LONG long time! Not so sure I shoulda got a castle, I never really liked them, I just wanted the space =P Oh, it’s not that I don’t like them, it’s just they’re so grey! And I really enjoyed designing and redesigning my house =)

<font color="#660099">What is your most valued UO possession? And how did you acquire it?</font>

Ermm, I don’t really have one I guess – I did have a couple of event items, but I sold them, cos while it was nice to have them, they were just sitting around, and I figured selling them to enjoy the proceeds on a more daily basis was a better idea =)

<font color="#660099">What would be your greatest UO wish?</font>

Hrmm, I would kinda like to see the stuff I make on my crafter be more useful. You know, just regular armour be more useful =)

<font color="#660099">What is your most favourite thing to do in Sosaria?</font>

That’s such a hard one! I enjoy treasure hunting, fishing, shopping (=P), taking part in events, some of the peerless bosses I can do in a group, general exploring, learning new things – I enjoy pretty much all of the game that I’ve tried so far!

<font color="#660099">Is there something about you nobody knows?</font>

I feel terribly guilty any time I kill a Unicorn – I know it’s pixels, I still feel guilty =P (It’s why I started donating to the zoo in the first place)

<font color="#660099">What has been your favourite addition to UO?</font>

Rubble! I’m too new really for there to have been any additions =)

<font color="#660099">And least favourite?</font>

See above! ;) Really hasn’t been any major changes that I can think of since I started playing =)

<font color="#660099">What are your plans for the future?</font>

Keep having fun! That’s the only plan I really ever have in the game, have fun whatever I’m doing =)

<font color="#660099">For those that don't know you, how would you describe yourself?</font>

I really don’t know how to answer a question like that =P I’m just me, simple as that =) Like me or don’t *shrugs* =)

<font color="#660099">How could someone recognise you in game, is there anything different about you that stands out from the rest?</font>

Nah, not really, kinda bland, I blend in well =P

<u>In Character Questions</u>

<font color="#660099">Where were you born? And where do you currently live?</font>

I was born jus’ off the main road, ‘tween Trinsic and Britain – where Paws used to lay. I live not far from my birth place, in a glorious large Castle, on the edges of the Trinsic swamp

<font color="#660099">Did you design your home? Do you live with others?</font>

Nay, I didn’t design such a grand building! I live in a small room, in the back of my Mistress’ Castle. I do have a lovely work area though (I can show ye a picture!)

There’s 5 other people living here (including the Mistress!) One is a treasure hunter, her room is not far from my work area (I can show ye a picture of that too, if y’ like!)

<font color="#660099">Where is your favourite place to visit?</font>

I like wandering around, prospecting in the mountains between Britain and Yew, though there is quite a few Ogres and such running around there, which can cause a bit of a problem for a peaceful person such as meself.

<font color="#660099">What is your main profession, if none, what keeps you busy?</font>

I be a bit of a “jack of all trades” I can smith most anything ye want made, sew a fair dress, and build great sturdy benches and tables. All that and I can dig me own ore as well!

<font color="#660099">Are you a member of a guild?</font>

Indeed! The Shadow Rebels (S^R) have been kind enough to take me in, and be friendly towards me, and lend a helping hand when I be needing it!

<font color="#660099">What is your favourite thing in Oceania?</font>

Most of the days, the people of course! Never seen such an interesting mush of different people and professions!

There’s some days when the old mel an’ choly takes over and I wander off into the mountains by meself for a few days – but I always comes back, and usually with my trusty pack llama Frank, bursting at the seams carrying all me iron bars!

<font color="#660099">What’s your least favourite thing?</font>

Ogres! Great big hulking brutes! Always trying to takes me ore, and eat Frank!

<font color="#660099">If you could change one thing in your Sorsarian life with a wave of a magical wand, what would it be?</font>

I’d bring Paws back! That was the town of me ancestors!

<font color="#660099">Do you enjoy hunts and outings? Which are your favourites?</font>

For meself, I can’t go along on hunts, unless it’s to repair armour and weapons. But I do enjoy when me Mistress, Teeshy, goes off with the others in the guild to fight the dreaded Lady Mel, or Travesty!

<font color="#660099">What are your views on the recent demise of Magincia and the not so recent ‘recreation’ of Haven?</font>

Magincia was fun and exciting - to see the Mistress coming home each night, battered and sore, but still pleased with the daemon horde she had been fighting off (though between you and me, she whined as much about how many gold pieces she lost ‘cos of insurance, as she did about anything else!)

She was also bringing home all these, well, it looked to me like bits of building? And plants? I don’t really understand what went on in Magincia.

And the recreation of Haven, well, I wasn’t so well when all that happened, so didn’t see any part of it, and just was very confused when I went back to me old mining spots there – and they weren’t there any more! </center>

Thankyou Teeshy, for taking the time to answer the questions and allowing the readers to know a little more about you.

If there are questions you would like to see asked, or a person you would like to see interviews please don't hesitate to contact me here, in game or on ICQ.
Katlene.

L

Lair Spirit

Keith of HCM was always ready to lend a hand. Was your US lady friend called Rocket or Goddess of Funk? She was also another lovely person willing to help out.

That is one awesome forge you have there. (My point for posting.)

G

Goddess of funk!!! omg what ever happened to her she = awesome

G

I like the forge, too. I always used to put abattoirs under my forges, sort of like a hearth to catch the cinders and debris.. never seen them used as a work bench though. Can I nominate Lair Spirit for the next feature?

G

*grins* Thanks guys! =D I was really pleased with how the forge turned out too. Just hope that anything else I do to deco the place (eventually) turns out well too =)

Rocket and Goddess of Funk don't sound familiar at all Lair, I really wish I could remember her name, cos she answered quite a few of my questions that one day too =) (I still have nearly as many questions each day - I just know where to look for most of them now
)

G

Fantastic news thread, and great to see you in the spot light teeshy!

well done Katlene... keep them coming

C

Chameleon

I remember Keith of HCM and his vendor store The Block. His char name is unique.
He put in effort to help others. Remember once I found a char name Veronica (or something similar) next to Moonglow Moongate with a book next to her written by Keith of HCM, letting her be aware that it is not safe to just log out in the wildness. A pity he no longer playing.

Oh and Teeshy, love your house design.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lovely interview. Looking forward to the next. I always enjoy these type of things.

G

LOL dont you have tickets on yaself :p:p:p But sure why not everyone gets a look in